XIM Community

Headset question for X1?  (Read 1159 times)

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
Headset question for X1?
« on: 12:32 PM - 07/30/14 »
Do anyone know of a headset that works without being hooked up to the controller. I do not want to talk though kinect or hook up directly to the controller, USB is fine (similar to Gold wireless).

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Headset question for X1?
« Reply #1 on: 03:23 PM - 07/30/14 »
As far as I am aware, this is not an option on the x1. All chat goes through the controller. Even the full Wireless solutions such as the Turtle Beach PX51 and XP510 utilize the MS headset adapter.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 05:48 AM - 07/31/14 »
no "play through speakers" option anymore like on the Xbox360?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:08 PM - 07/31/14 »
I'm unaware of a setting to allow where output plays, but I was referring to mic input specifically. As far as I am aware, if the chat adapter is unplugged, the system auto routes all chat through speakers/kinect. As soon as adapter is plugged in, it routes it all through it.

Offline ErikwithaK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:34 PM - 08/04/14 »
I'm also interested if there's a way to go fully wireless (I'll be doing mostly couch/chair gaming) using the sony nav and g700s. The only thing standing in the way is chat, and not really wanting to have to rely on using the kinect for it.

Offline Joey McCamper

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:43 PM - 08/04/14 »
No option yet. It would be neat it Turtle Beach develops a bluetooth adapter like they did for the 360, but even that adapter came out years later after the 360 was released.

Offline Jossers

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Zombiesicko
« Reply #6 on: 12:53 AM - 08/05/14 »
Guy's I've ordered a Turtle Beach Ear Force Stealth 500X from Amazon and asked the same question regarding wireless.

Will update you when I hear back

Offline xbladr

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Xbladr
« Reply #7 on: 01:34 AM - 08/05/14 »
I picked up the Turtle Beach stealth headset they were on sale at best buy for 50 bucks. I plugged them into my chat adapter on the xb1 and they work fine. I will test them when the xim4 comes but, assume this will be no problem.

Offline ErikwithaK

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:46 AM - 08/05/14 »
I picked up the Turtle Beach stealth headset they were on sale at best buy for 50 bucks. I plugged them into my chat adapter on the xb1 and they work fine. I will test them when the xim4 comes but, assume this will be no problem.

That should work fine.

The problem I have is finding a way to chat wirelessly instead of having to keep the controller close by. Since I went with the Sony Nav/G700s couch setup, my xim is too far away to be able to plug an audio mic cable into the chat adapter. It sounds like I'm S.O.L for the time being though, unless I just stick with using the kinect.