XIM Community

BF4 ADS Update *MUST READ* - Today's Update  (Read 23353 times)

Offline Syko_Esquire

• View Profile
Re: BF4 ADS Update *MUST READ* - Today's Update
« Reply #30 on: 05:24 PM - 08/06/14 »
Just a quick question, I am still running the XIM4E beta running 4.00.2014620 and the one posted on the Google Play Store is 4.00.2014619 could  I re-download the Play Store version to get these ST updates or will it not talk to my setup?  I have a few more pay checks to go before I purchase the new Xim4 but would like to run the new STs in the meantime if possible.

no you cannot run the XIM4 manager on the XIM4E, this can cause some major issues

I figured as much, that is why I refrained from doing so.  Thank you.

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05:28 PM - 08/06/14 »
Working fine for me. Went from 14ads to 12ads. 24hip is the same.  ;D
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Online ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 07:45 PM - 08/06/14 »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and XIM4. About the new update it's not working good for me. I already deleted and created a new config with version showing BF4-ADS-P4.2

The problems i have (and didn't have before this update) are:

- i always use ADS in Hold mode and now if i modify sensitivity values or YXRatio it's not being updated, like if always kept the same sens. Hip sens no problem
- if i put ADS in toogle it becomes jerky when changing ADS to Hipe

In COD Ghosts or previous versions of BF4 STS never had this problem

Please could you check if sens is really getting updated when ADS is in Hold? I need to get it back working again

Btw I'm using G502 and tried with a DA 2013, same results, polling rates between 500 and 1000 and its not about the DPI 'cause im having the same issues from 200 to 12000 DPI

Thanks

Thanks a lot

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #33 on: 08:35 PM - 08/06/14 »
just test the new BF4 and The Last of Us ST's and i luv it. good job mist.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09:11 PM - 08/06/14 »
Hello,

I'm new to the forum and XIM4. About the new update it's not working good for me. I already deleted and created a new config with version showing BF4-ADS-P4.2

- i always use ADS in Hold mode and now if i modify sensitivity values or YXRatio it's not being updated, like if always kept the same sens. Hip sens no problem

Please could you check if sens is really getting updated when ADS is in Hold? I need to get it back working again

Btw I'm using G502 and tried with a DA 2013, same results, polling rates between 500 and 1000 and its not about the DPI 'cause im having the same issues from 200 to 12000 DPI

Thanks

Can you verify that your aim down sight key and your ads setting activation key are both bound to right mouse button? Also, to be clear, you're holding down the button. You're not trying to use toggle as in click once for ads, click again for hip?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline zakupowiec2010

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11:12 PM - 08/06/14 »
hmm then there still is an issue, works perfectly for me really

can you describe your issue a bit more?
how does it feel exactly?

in the meantime please check if you have a ballistic curve active, or a changed x/y ratio other than 1.0
maybe you also have boost in the config, maybe check that
or accidentally used the wrong console translator for BF4?

I can see from your films that your works perfectly and adore that,  would like mine to be same butter- smooth, but:

x/y ratio is 1.0, I certainly have downloaded correct translator, can swear that boost wasn't touched at all

i've been meddling only with basic setup

my issue looks like that whenever running/ preying and switch to aiming/ shooting (no need to say that its rapid) both hip/ ads movements feels stuttery as if xim was slowly switching to a different mode and trying to catch up with crosshair or moving object

also when suddenly accelerating crosshair movement I also feel this stuttery effect....

Offline cirrostratus

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 02:21 AM - 08/07/14 »
My sens actually went up by a probably negligible amount. It went from 152-156. I play at 1600 DPI to avoid possible jitter.
XIM4 | PS3, PS4, PC | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Topre Realforce R2 PFU | Sennheiser Game One

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wintersxxx868
  • PSN ID: Wintersx866
« Reply #37 on: 03:05 AM - 08/07/14 »
hmm then there still is an issue, works perfectly for me really

can you describe your issue a bit more?
how does it feel exactly?

in the meantime please check if you have a ballistic curve active, or a changed x/y ratio other than 1.0
maybe you also have boost in the config, maybe check that
or accidentally used the wrong console translator for BF4?

I can see from your films that your works perfectly and adore that,  would like mine to be same butter- smooth, but:

x/y ratio is 1.0, I certainly have downloaded correct translator, can swear that boost wasn't touched at all

i've been meddling only with basic setup

my issue looks like that whenever running/ preying and switch to aiming/ shooting (no need to say that its rapid) both hip/ ads movements feels stuttery as if xim was slowly switching to a different mode and trying to catch up with crosshair or moving object

also when suddenly accelerating crosshair movement I also feel this stuttery effect....
I know exactly what you're talking about.  Happened to me the first time around on Xim4E.  The way I solved it on Xim4E was to reflash my Xim and redo the config.  Only way I found it to work.  There most likely was some error while downloading firmware or something.

Also from your previous post you wrote 12000 DPI so I'm assuming you have a Logitech G502 yeah? Don't run the thing at 1000 hz as it acts kinda funny in my opinion.  I found 500 hz to give a much smoother response.  First try this and if this doesn't help, then try the flash

Offline zakupowiec2010

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:45 AM - 08/07/14 »
thanks wintersxxx indeed my gear is g502

at first i will play down the polling but flashing means deleting the st?  i suppose not...?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 07:48 AM - 08/07/14 »
flashing just means your XIM is sort of put into factory state, your configs are deleted but thats it
basically the state in which the XIM shipped to you sort of
(since you have a XIM4E thats a bit missleading but i guess you get what i mean :) )

do it via the reset procedure from the XIM4E FAQ
hold the reset button while plugging it into the PC, then click restore factory default on the flasher (latest flasher from the XIM4E forum downloads)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Online ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09:57 AM - 08/07/14 »
Hello,

Thanks

Can you verify that your aim down sight key and your ads setting activation key are both bound to right mouse button? Also, to be clear, you're holding down the button. You're not trying to use toggle as in click once for ads, click again for hip?

Both bound to right mouse button and i wasnt holding the button when in HOLD mode :) but what i want is to Toggle when ADS so this is the main problem now:

I think i'm having the same issues as member zakupowiec2010, even after a fresh factory reset. I think it's about the levels of sensivities, i have found that switching from high values in ADS and Hip made the stuttering but i have now inverted values, i mean if i put 40 in Hip and 80 in ADS i have more accelerated when hip than when im ADS. how is it possible? What am i doing wrong? this is not happened me before the update and it's not happening in COD ghosts

any help?

G502 here and 500Mhz @ 12000 DPI

Online ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 10:30 AM - 08/07/14 »
just checked COD Ghosts, if i put ADS in HOLD it respects sensivities and YXRatio modifications, NO stuttering
im not sure if previous version of BF4 ST worked in the same way...

zakupowiec2010: as you have the same mouse could you please check high-low values in HIP-ADS  and switching fast if we are talking about the same? maybe is a problem of our mouse? For now the best smooth i have is to put ADS in HOLD but then cant change ADS sensivities (that's not the case for COD Ghosts)

Thanks   

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 10:46 AM - 08/07/14 »
The ADS setting activation allows for toggle and hold of the setting, it doesn't toggle a button(ads). You need to set this to hold and hold the button down while adsing to sync your ads setting with the in game ads function.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline zakupowiec2010

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 11:03 AM - 08/07/14 »
ColdMan: at the beginning I was using much higher sensivities but it wasnt butter and honey for me so I was decreasing it constantly...  i will try with 12k/ 500hz again,  but my guess is that it wont just help...

Od1n: to make us understand each other,  ive had now xim4,  but no edge before

also my idea is that since ea fetched fee months ago some update on server crosstalk and added some in game toggles,  this might possibly be cause for stuttering and lagging of xim behind? will also check and feed you guys back

thanks for support,  hopefully the baby behaves soon well

Online ColdMan

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 11:23 AM - 08/07/14 »
mist4fun, thanks for answering,

Just one question,

I have "press one button" in ingame settings for not having to hold down the button all the time.  If i set it to Hold and i dont keep holding down the button what kind of sens is getting? From Hip? As i said if i change to toggle it becomes stuttering

Thanks
« Last Edit: 11:29 AM - 08/07/14 by ColdMan »