XIM Community

Congratulations Aiken_Drum  (Read 8901 times)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Congratulations Aiken_Drum
« Reply #45 on: 09:26 AM - 08/09/14 »
Aiken, your post count has like, tripled in the last week, lol.  Handing out them helpz.
Geez, you're right.  No wonder my fingers are sore.

It's slowing down, actually.  Most of that was the first couple of days.  We're building up a history of resolved cases that people can look at when they come and search for their problem.  Plus the people who got help also stick around and pass it on, which is awesome.  Plus I'm asking fewer stupid questions before I figure out what's going on.  ;)

Offline Solidus

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: x0xSolidusx0x
« Reply #46 on: 09:42 AM - 08/09/14 »
Congratulations ! :D

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #47 on: 10:10 AM - 08/09/14 »
Yes, I'm reasonably confident anyone who has read these boards for a while will indeed be aware of your opinions on the subject. Along with the many many others you've graced us with..  j/k ;)

ahahah i really feel like i shouldn't "forum" while i'm high. it goes well for stuff i don't care about but, gaming blabla is too heartfelt for me to control mental diarrheas and so on.. plus i naturally like to tell my views to others, especially when i disagree (i love to be contradicted with logical and valid arguments, it improves oneself a lot) which works a lot worse when you can't remember what you were think in the beginning of a sentence by the end..

no undo buttons so, i stand by my mistakes. need a little growing up, that's about it in a nutshell

Could this be the beginnings of the first XIM forum Bromance?  Or, perhaps the seeds of nightmare scenario No. 3 for the new boy have just been planted  lol..  ;D

I jest ak. You're a good guy  :)
well, there are plenty of true bromances around here. you will pick them up easy for sure if you just try and read around xD

i'm leaning towards nightmare scenario no.3 tho, just think: most often than not, if it sounds too good to be true, someone is pulling your leg xD i haunted the XIM forum a long time without saying a word before XIM3 came out and i found i could use a simple adapter to make it work with my console, that's also due to my wariness of it all sounding too good (and me not having cash to burn on trying something only to risk and get disapointed after)
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #48 on: 10:17 AM - 08/09/14 »
Aiken, your post count has like, tripled in the last week, lol.  Handing out them helpz.
Geez, you're right.  No wonder my fingers are sore.

It's slowing down, actually.  Most of that was the first couple of days.  We're building up a history of resolved cases that people can look at when they come and search for their problem.  Plus the people who got help also stick around and pass it on, which is awesome.  Plus I'm asking fewer stupid questions before I figure out what's going on.  ;)

that's a good idea. it's best to polish them and have example cases (aka FAQ scenario) than just pointing people to an old, resolved, thread. it's more efficient while both work.
having a thread to point people who face the same issue as you has also worked very well in the past, so it shall repeat the feat no doubt.

and welcome to customer service XD after having something drilled under your skin due to dealing with it billions of times we get so good we almost can tell what people need before they even open their mouth-- but the first few times? oh, some are even worthy to remember for future laughs ^^
soon..

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 11:46 AM - 08/09/14 »
that's a good idea. it's best to polish them and have example cases (aka FAQ scenario) than just pointing people to an old, resolved, thread. it's more efficient while both work.
having a thread to point people who face the same issue as you has also worked very well in the past, so it shall repeat the feat no doubt.
Also need to give credit where due.  OBsIV is really good at making the instructional videos.  I'm sure that building those up has also reduced the need for support requests.

Offline KYRoadie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BlackWOLFMojo
« Reply #50 on: 01:32 PM - 08/09/14 »
I too would like to add my personal congratulations to the chorus of others.  Glad to have another Mod on here to help maintain the vibrancy of this community.  Also, I would like to take this opportunity to be the first to jack a thread under the new Moderator's watch and talk about kittens....

So, don't you just love kittens?? They are so cute!! I could watch those funny animal videos on Youtube all day.  Why do anything else?? I mean..... :)

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 03:17 PM - 08/09/14 »
The thing you have to be careful about, with kittens, is that they grow into cats.

Offline KYRoadie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BlackWOLFMojo
« Reply #52 on: 03:33 PM - 08/09/14 »
The thing you have to be careful about, with kittens, is that they grow into cats.

Not in some countries... (PETA shutting down website in 3, 2, 1......)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #53 on: 07:44 AM - 08/10/14 »

Also need to give credit where due.  OBsIV is really good at making the instructional videos.  I'm sure that building those up has also reduced the need for support requests.

that is true. i see it as more of a "people fail to read or research" than any kind of unclarity. it's really all laid out and shown in a pretty straightforward way, instructions are really fine.
soon..

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #54 on: 07:48 AM - 08/10/14 »

i was once told about this weird kitten that had grown into a catus...
soon..

Admin