XIM Community

Razer Naga Epic Wired  (Read 3496 times)

Offline ADCUP

• View Profile
Razer Naga Epic Wired
« on: 06:52 PM - 08/04/14 »
Got Xim4 today.  Can't get Razer Naga Epic wired to work.  Anyone have any ideas?

Side buttons register, but the wheel and left and right mouse keys do not.

Thanks for any help.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Razer Naga Epic Wired
« Reply #1 on: 06:54 PM - 08/04/14 »
How is your mouse configured using Razer's software?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline ADCUP

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07:17 PM - 08/04/14 »
I am using the Razer software.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:49 PM - 08/04/14 »
I think OBs specifically meant to ask what your settings are in the Razer software.

Have you previously re-configured any of the buttons or behaviors?  With some mice, you need to make sure you are using the simple/default settings for your mouse.  Like, mouse button 1 should be set to send mouse button 1, rather than a key or a macro.  Sometimes it's okay to do that, but when you're getting started, it's best to begin with the basics.

Offline ADCUP

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:12 AM - 08/05/14 »
Thanks for your input.  I set up a new profile with no key assignments, all basic.  I then use the mouse in this mode when connecting to the XIM4. 

I forgot to mention that the mouse movement is not detected either.  The only thing that is detected are the side buttons.  Scroll, both mouse click buttons and movement do not work.

Appreciate all the help and suggestions.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:08 PM - 08/05/14 »
Sorry I haven't gotten back to you quicker on this, I've been doing a lot of searching to try to understand what the issue might be.  I haven't had a lot of luck.

So, it's good news that the side buttons work, because that means the mouse is at least talking to the XIM.  We can take heart from that.  Do all of them work, by the way?  I assume you mean the numeric keypad, 1-12, right?

One potential issue is that the Naga Epic, by default, is set up with the Synapse 2.0 software.  Synapse 2.0 updates your mouse config in windows dynamically, rather than storing the configs on the mouse and letting it load them internally.  That means that the changes you do in Windows would not carry over when you unplug the mouse and plug it into the XIM.  There was talk at one point of putting a mode into Synapse 2.0 that would also store configs on the mouse, but I am not sure if that ever happened.

The older software did store the configs on the mouse itself, meaning that they would carry over even when the mouse is not connected to a PC.

I don't know if your mouse can be configured with the legacy software/driver.  Razer does supply a version of it on their website, in the Naga download category.  Please note that we cannot confirm that this will work with your mouse.  Please use your own discretion in this matter, and contact Razer first if you are not sure whether it is safe.

This is the download section I found:

http://drivers.razersupport.com//index.php?_m=downloads&_a=view&parentcategoryid=156&pcid=90&nav=0,76,229,90

Offline ADCUP

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09:22 PM - 08/05/14 »
Hi,

Thanks so much for helping me out.  I am on the road right now, but will download on Thursday and update to let you know if it works out or not.

If not, no big deal.  The XIM 4 works great even with just a basic mouse, so I am already beyond pleased with the Xim4.

Thank you again for all your help.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:07 PM - 08/05/14 »
You're quite welcome.  I hope your update brings good news.  :)

Offline ADCUP

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:35 PM - 08/07/14 »
Didn't work.  No problem, I ordered a G700 Mouse.

Thanks for your help.

Offline mcMelchior

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mcMelchior
« Reply #9 on: 03:30 AM - 08/08/14 »
Didn't work.  No problem, I ordered a G700 Mouse.

Thanks for your help.

hahaha :D "F%$! this @#$%... I'm buying a new one!"

Hope for you that your new mouse brings you better results.