XIM Community

[RESOLVED] Please help! Logitech G502 Stuttering  (Read 17057 times)

Offline thefeltinator

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: TheFeltinator
  • PSN ID: TheGrayAviators
[RESOLVED] Please help! Logitech G502 Stuttering
« on: 12:40 PM - 08/05/14 »
So let me preface this with full a disclosure. I have never used a gaming mouse or keyboard and am unfamiliar with the lingo that coincides with gaming peripherals. For example I'm not sure if the correct terminology for my issue would be "stuttering" but it seems to fit.

When I'm playing say BF4 with the XIM4 moving with my mouse is very choppy. It is not smooth and clear like with a controller. I have tried changing the polling rate, lowering the DPI, raising the DPI, changing sensitivity with the XIM4 Manager, tuning the G502 within the software on the PC with the mousepad I'm using. I read somewhere on this forum that the polling rate of 500 works better than the 1000 but I've tried both. I'm just not sure what to do. I'm sure it will end up being user error but I would appreciate any advice.

More detail on the issue. Whenever I sweep my weapon (either ADS or not) the movement is very choppy. It almost seems like lag but every other movement is instant response. The stuttering also happens in the test range. It is extremely noticeable when I ADS with a high powered optic like the 40x or 20x. When playing in close quarters (Locker, Metro) even with hip firing it is noticeably choppy. Imagine when you spawn into a battle tank and it does that annoying sputtering thing as youre driving as if your vehicle is stuck on some glitch. Its like that but not as bad just subtle stuttering that makes gaming really annoying.

If anybody is reading this and is deciding on whether or not to buy the XIM4. BUY IT!! Like now. The system is great. Real easy setup and has great support from the community as well as the company. DO NOT take this question as "well see this guy is having a problem". I promise you its user error.

Thanks for the help guys. 
« Last Edit: 08:41 PM - 08/06/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline thefeltinator

• View Profile
Re: Please help! Logitech G502 Stuttering
« Reply #1 on: 12:42 PM - 08/05/14 »
Oh Jesus. I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry. Told you its probably user error.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #2 on: 12:46 PM - 08/05/14 »
It sounds like mouse input is being dropped.

Have you verified your mouse doesn't jump like this when connected into a PC?

Also, while in XIM4Manager, please tap the bottom right corner of the HUD which will bring up the Trace log. Could you copy it (use the copy button on the bottom left) and send it over to [email protected]? This will rule out a bug we are fixing.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:50 PM - 08/05/14 »
Have you made any modifications to the ballistics curve (the graph under Mouse in the config editor) or the Boost value?  I've found these can produce choppy movement if set too far out of normal ranges.

My other question would be, do you see the xim flash red when you are sweeping the mouse?

Offline thefeltinator

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:01 PM - 08/05/14 »
OBSIV,

I clicked the copy button but nothing happened on the manager. I'm not sure it it just automatically sends it to you or not. Also I havent seen any jumping on the PC.

Aiken,

No modifications besides sensitivity and yes the XIM flashes red whenever I sweep.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:08 PM - 08/05/14 »
Aha.  Okay, the red flash means you have swept fast enough that the XIM cannot reproduce your motion by emulating a controller.  Anything you ask for beyond a real controller's ability is lost.  That's why the XIM flashes to warn you.  Your need to turn the XIM sensitivity down until you (almost) never produce that red flash.

Games are usually tuned to be most optimal for a controller and for people who always peg the analog sticks, rather than finessing them.  There are tricks they do with turn acceleration, which means that when you first tell the XIM to start rotating, it can't convince the game to rotate at full speed right away.  You can see this in-game by pegging a controller's analog stick to one side and seeing it start rotating slowly and then get up to speed.

Do make sure you have your in-game sensitivity set to 100%.  That will maximize the results you get when you find the best XIM sensitivity.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #6 on: 01:11 PM - 08/05/14 »
Sorry, paste to a mail and send to me. I'd check your in game sensitivity as Aiken says as well.

Offline thefeltinator

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 01:13 PM - 08/05/14 »
Aiken,

Ok so just to make sure I'm getting this.

In game sensitivty: 100%
Mouse setting: Highest DPI and either 500 or 1000 polling rate (referencing tutorial videos)
XIM4 Manager Sensitivity: Scale back until red flashing is rare.

Trying now. 

Offline thefeltinator

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:16 PM - 08/05/14 »
Obsiv,

I just sent it. Thank you.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #9 on: 01:17 PM - 08/05/14 »
Thanks for sending the trace log. Your XIM is working perfectly.

We have instructional videos on Required Game Settings too.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 01:19 PM - 08/05/14 »
Ok so just to make sure I'm getting this.

In game sensitivty: 100%
Mouse setting: Highest DPI and either 500 or 1000 polling rate (referencing tutorial videos)
XIM4 Manager Sensitivity: Scale back until red flashing is rare.
Correct!  Let us know how it goes.

Offline thefeltinator

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:32 PM - 08/05/14 »
It works perfectly!!! Everything is smoother than Bill Clinton with his interns. Thank you guys so much!! 

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02:01 PM - 08/05/14 »
Awesomesauce!  Glad to hear you're up and running.  Have fun!