XIM Community

Figuring out headset.  (Read 793 times)

Offline donosan

• View Profile
Figuring out headset.
« on: 09:08 PM - 08/01/14 »
Most posts seem to revolve around headphone solutions with surround.  My understanding of the XIM4 is that I can't use the sony headset plugged into the controller as it will not pass through.  The hardware compatibility says for PS4 you need usb sound solution for XIM4.  My question is, will basically any usb sound dongle work?

I have no need for the headphone solution, just want to use the sony headset for voice chat.  I ordered a usb sound adapter with separate mic/headset inputs, a smartphone to pc adapter with 3.5 in to separate 3.5 out for mic/headset.  So, should look like this:

sony headset > smartphone to pc adapter > usb sound adapter > usb extension > PS4

Use of usb extension is due to gaming on projector.  Sound like this will work?  I am really questioning if just any usb sound adapter will work.

Also, while I'm at it.  Will a bluetooth dongle work from the PS4 to regular phone type bluetooth headset?

Thanks

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Figuring out headset.
« Reply #1 on: 06:48 AM - 08/02/14 »
yes that should work, i assume your headset is a 4 pole 3,5mm and thats why you bought that smart phone adapter right?
dont forget to change your controller audio settings (chat settings) or else it wont work
hold the ps button and then configure the controller

dunno what you mean with the bluetooth phone dongle
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline donosan

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10:45 AM - 08/02/14 »
Thanks for taking the time to reply.  The headset is the one that comes with the PS4.  Yes, will remember to change settings.

Bluetooth dongle as in like one that you can use for a computer to pair with other BT devices (phone headset used with PS3).  I'm kind of assuming it won't work with PS4 as it would require special drivers?  That would rid me of having to run wires for headset.

Since I have a dedicated room for gaming/movies with surround, I just don't need a full on headset.

Thanks again.

Offline iAxdy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12:13 PM - 08/02/14 »
XIM4 and Wired Headsets
Playstation 4 - Unsupported, a USB audio adapter connected directly to Playstation 4 required.

Without making a new thread I was wondering about this. I have Astro A40s which connect via the MixAmp which is a USB connection anyway. So I spose this doesn't affect me? The MixAmp acts as the adapter? Just want to make sure  :P

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:16 AM - 08/03/14 »
@ donosan

no that BT you described doesnt work, Sony and Microsoft are only allowing licenced BT devices to directly connect to their consoles, that way they can make the product designers pay for the licence fee
if you want a wireless headset then check out the Sony Gold, its really pretty good for the money

@ iAxdy

yes the astro mixamp acts as a USB Soundcard, just plug it via USB into the PS4 and the mic should work
dont forget to change the chat audio to "speaker" or "both" or else you might not hear any chatsound
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline donosan

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 11:18 AM - 08/03/14 »
Figured as much.  Thanks Odin