XIM Community

any one using an iogear kvm switch  (Read 3817 times)

Offline #47

• View Profile
any one using an iogear kvm switch
« on: 05:20 PM - 08/01/14 »
With the xim 4. I just picked one up but im at work so I wont be able to try it out when I get home. I have my doubts because after closely looking at iogear switch you only have one usb cord going into the computers. So both the mouse and keyboard have inputs but its only one output per computer. Im just wondering if the xim4 will still regester both k&m if only one output is pluged in

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: any one using an iogear kvm switch
« Reply #1 on: 05:30 PM - 08/01/14 »
There are a couple of different IOGear switch types.  One is a passive mechanical switch that has two inputs and then two outputs for each host and just switches the lines over.  Another acts as a active USB hub and combines the two inputs into one output per host.  You seem to have the latter.  I believe a hub works with XIM (I think I've seen OBs say so--forum search is your friend, though), so you're not SOL, but because it's a middleman that decodes and re-encodes the USB stream, you may find it adds a small amount of latency.  I don't know how much latency.  You may need to do research.  I suspect not very much, maybe 2-8ms, depending on USB poll rate.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 06:19 PM - 08/01/14 »
I thought I saw something on hear before but I dont think it wss related to xim4 I thought it was about the edge. Im not overly concerend I do have 30 days to return it . Ill try it tonight if its no good ill post on hear to give people a heads up and I return it. I was just curious since im stuck at work till 12 . Thanks for  the info though man this isnt the first time you helped me out sure it wont be the last lol

Offline huyrawr

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:20 PM - 08/01/14 »
I bought  a iogear way back when xim3 was release
it works perfectly with Xim4 !

Here the one i got only 20$ now, i got for 25 back then.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817399032

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:41 PM - 08/01/14 »
This should help a bit this is what I pickef up 

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817107417

Offline xXSluggXx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xXSluggXx
« Reply #5 on: 05:04 PM - 08/10/14 »
 I have this one http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817802139 looks a lot like the one you linked. I hope it will work.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 05:12 PM - 08/10/14 »
you should be fine . I find as long as it has both a keyboard and mouse usb plug your good

Offline xXSluggXx

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xXSluggXx
« Reply #7 on: 05:21 PM - 08/10/14 »
thanks

Offline Pepè Ronny Piza

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:56 PM - 08/10/14 »
ConnectPRO UD-12+ is pretty expensive, but is DMM-based, so it got zero input lag and quite low response time as well. Arguably the best KVM switch on the market currently.
Platforms: X360, X1, PS3, PS4, Wii U, PC

Mouse (PC): Zowie EC1 eVo CL (450 DPI @ 500Hz) | Mouse (XIM): Roccat Kone Pure Military (5000 DPI @ 1000Hz)
Mousepad: Artisan Zero XSoft | Mouse bungee: Roccat Apuri
Keyboard: KBT Race 2 (MX Black & Red) | Keypad: Filco Majestouch 2 Keypad (MX Brown)
KVM Switch: ConnectPRO UD-12+

Monitor (PC): Acer XB270HU | Monitor (PC/XIM): Dell U2415
Headphone: Sennheiser HD650 | DAC: HRT Music Streamer II+ | Amp: Objective2 | Mic: AntLion ModMic 4.0

Offline H7

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:25 PM - 08/10/14 »
I have both types of IOGear switches, the hub and passive versions. I can confirm that the hub version doesn't work with XIM3.

So I didn't even bother trying it with Xim4 and currently using the passive IOGear switch with my XIM4.

Offline baldeagle

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: i am baldeagle
« Reply #10 on: 04:03 AM - 08/11/14 »
I have an IOGear kmv and it works well, it has a remote button so I can hide all the wires under my desk. Not noticed any input lag or latency issues. In fact once I'd sorted my sensitivity out I seemed to be quicker to track and kill target.

The only issue I have is that not all the buttons on my mouse are recognized when it switches over, but thats sorted by unplugging and plugging back in the mouse via the USB cable that connects at the mouse end.

I have the Razer Ourboros mouse.

Offline ShadowIG

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04:52 AM - 08/11/14 »
I bought  a iogear way back when xim3 was release
it works perfectly with Xim4 !

Here the one i got only 20$ now, i got for 25 back then.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817399032

I have the same one except that I only paid 5 bucks for it, also if your keyboard is back lit it'll work with the xim 4 wihout any power issues. I say return the one you bought 47 and buy this one since you will save 12 bucks

Offline Nitrosharp

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Nitrosharp
« Reply #12 on: 04:57 AM - 08/11/14 »
I also use an IOGEAR switch (4 port for extra computers) and it works well with switching between PC and the XIM4 - http://www.amazon.com/IOGEAR-2-Port-Switch-Cables-GCS22U/dp/B001D1UTC4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407754355&sr=8-1&keywords=IO+Gear+KVM+switch

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12:06 PM - 08/11/14 »
Ditto what Nitro said.

Offline wyld3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wyld3 KNFr
  • PSN ID: Wyld3_KNFr
« Reply #14 on: 12:24 PM - 08/11/14 »
the one nitro linked is the one I just setup.  keyboard didn't work at first, but the ole standby "unplug and plug it back in"  worked like a charm.