XIM Community

Titanfall ADS choppiness  (Read 6035 times)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Titanfall ADS choppiness
« Reply #15 on: 08:21 PM - 08/05/14 »
It allows for more granular movement and we built the ST with this disabled. If you leave it on you won't have 1:1 and it may feel choppy.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 08:50 PM - 08/05/14 »
It allows for more granular movement and we built the ST with this disabled. If you leave it on you won't have 1:1 and it may feel choppy.

That's so weird, I have it set to low (both movement and look) with the sensitivity at high (not insane) and I get awesome results. I tried turning the drift off and I got a steady movement (a drift) in one direction without any input from my mouse. It was very annoying so I went back to my current settings. It feels like I stick to targets, only when I ads.

Here's my custom settings (I think I did it right)
>>> XIM4 START Paste >>>
X4MB:010A141E28323C46505A64C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8C8
<<< XIM4 END   Paste <<<
« Last Edit: 08:59 PM - 08/05/14 by jaradaj »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 09:01 PM - 08/05/14 »
That should not be happening with XIM attached. It will happen without XIM but we have something in place to negate drift when using XIM.

Can you try it again, set drift guard to off and sensitivity to insane and remove the ballistic curve. It may be easier to just create a new temporary Titanfall config. Be sure you choose the right platform. I'd like to know if your view is still drifting.

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 09:41 PM - 08/05/14 »
That should not be happening with XIM attached. It will happen without XIM but we have something in place to negate drift when using XIM.

Can you try it again, set drift guard to off and sensitivity to insane and remove the ballistic curve. It may be easier to just create a new temporary Titanfall config. Be sure you choose the right platform. I'd like to know if your view is still drifting.

So I deleted my config, redownloaded the titanfall st from manager, turned off look draft and went to insane sensitivity. The drifting stopped, however I feel I get a better "lock" with high sensitivity over insane. However, in light of the new revelation I'm going to need a few days of testing to see if I can't tweak my config to work with the insane sensitivity.

Offline jvr2401

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Bigmoo31
  • PSN ID: Bigmoo31
« Reply #19 on: 04:30 AM - 08/06/14 »
I used to have the same issue but i changed the in game setting from insame to very high and that helped a lot.

My sensitivity is 45 though. I struggle using lower xim sensitivity as i dont like lifting the mouse off the pad to turn a 180

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 07:36 AM - 08/06/14 »
I used to have the same issue but i changed the in game setting from insame to very high and that helped a lot.

My sensitivity is 45 though. I struggle using lower xim sensitivity as i dont like lifting the mouse off the pad to turn a 180

Same here, my current sensitivities are  45hip/44ads with the above ballistics and 2 in boost. My play style is to parkour as much as possible.

As for the op, my settings are on xbox360 using the xbox360 st. The st is the key if the mouse isn't dirty.
« Last Edit: 07:41 AM - 08/06/14 by jaradaj »

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09:08 AM - 08/06/14 »
So going back in the game today to test out the new config and I got that screen drifting (when look drift is turned off) again.

I tried rebooting the config to no avail, then rebooting (cutting power) to the xim4 with no success. I then tried unplugging the mouse and plugging it back in and the drifting stopped but the. I didn't have any mouse input at all, so I did it again and the mouse works with no drift. I'll update this post if I get more info

Offline safeman2014

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09:15 AM - 08/06/14 »
cheers jaradaj  for the heads up the game feels good on default but slow turning

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 11:12 AM - 08/06/14 »
There is more aim assist on very high versus insane. Earlier in the thread I suggested that OP try it, I use very high as well.

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 01:21 PM - 08/07/14 »
Just a heads up, I'm working on the turning speed. The problem I'm having is that I'm running into the turn speed threshold as evident of the flashing red lights when moving the mouse.

Would I get any benefit to increasing the xim4 sensitivity value or start twerking the ballistics if I want more turn speed without hitting the red lights?

Also, turning the adjusting on the fly phase of the test I acquired that look drifting problem, however this time it was accompanied with my orbweaver's inputs not working.  The xim4 was powered and had a steady yellow light (default I picked for the config). This time I just unplugged both in and out a few time till they started working again.  It was strange, just noticed it happening out of the blue. I believe I was adjusting/messing with the ballistic settings when it appeared suddenly in my gameplay. I'm on xbox360 using roccat kone xtd.

Also I since went back to very high in game sensitivity.
« Last Edit: 01:27 PM - 08/07/14 by jaradaj »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 02:30 PM - 08/07/14 »
In lower max turn speed games its best to use a low or medium sensitivity and a curve if necessary. Using a high sensitivity can be counterproductive.

If that last issue comes up again I would post in support about it.

Offline Farmer

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 09:12 PM - 08/07/14 »
I find Xim Edge does not support Aim Down Sight on Titanfall Xbox 360.

I use Logitech G600 and Sony Navigator. I set G600 to 8200 DPI. In Titanfall Xbox 360, I turn off drift guard and set very high sensitivity.

In Xim4 manager Aim Down Sight option, I activate hold and select left trigger. I try 1.0 sensitivity. Mouse move is very slow. I try more than 40.0 sensitivity. Mouse move does not change faster.

Does Xim4 not support Aim Down Sight on Titanfall Xbox 360 and Xbox One?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 12:04 AM - 08/08/14 »
ADS is supported on both platforms. You mentioned edge and xim4 in your post, if you are using Edge I would check to see if your in game layout is set to default. Edge assumes it is, XIM4 does as well but more on that next. If you're using XIM4 then in addition to doing the above, check to see if your ADS button in your Hip setting is bound to your intended ADS key. Also verify the ADS setting activation key is bound correctly.