XIM Community

Titanfall ADS choppiness  (Read 5901 times)

Offline TheFool262

• View Profile
Titanfall ADS choppiness
« on: 01:11 PM - 08/01/14 »
Hi, might be a dumb question.  Using the default config for Titanfall on Xim4, the ADS is still pretty choppy.  Is there a setting I can change to help this?  I notice the horizontal is slower than the vertical on TF, which probably has something to do with this.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Titanfall ADS choppiness
« Reply #1 on: 01:23 PM - 08/01/14 »
Did you disable look drift guard?
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline TheFool262

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:35 PM - 08/01/14 »
Yeah, both look and movement. 

Edit:  I've been using the Chronus+Xim3 setup for the past few months and it's the same on that, I always thought it was because I was using the Xbox360 translator on an X1 game. 
« Last Edit: 01:40 PM - 08/01/14 by TheFool262 »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:00 PM - 08/01/14 »
Yes that would do it, they are different look mechanics but if you're using the X1 ST (verify this) and you have look drift guard disabled then it should be smooth. Is it hip or ads? What is your dpi and xim sensitivity?

Offline TheFool262

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 02:44 PM - 08/01/14 »
Definitely the X1 ST.   Never connected the mouse to a PC to change it, so the DPI is whatever the standard highest setting for a Logitech G400 which is 3600 I believe.   My ADS is set to 111, and Hip is set to 82. 

I've been playing a bit more, and I think it's just the very noticeable difference between the X and Y axis speeds in the game itself.  When hip aiming, I barely notice it, but soon as I ADS, it makes it seem choppy.  Is there any way to get around that speed difference?   Maybe my ADS sensitivity is too high?

Offline TheFool262

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03:48 PM - 08/01/14 »
Lowered my ADS sens down near to where my Hip is set, seems a lot better but still noticing that speed difference on the X and Y.  It's playable now though.

Offline huyrawr

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:08 PM - 08/01/14 »
Titan fall seems really weird, sometimes its smooth but im not sure what im doing; quick switch or reloading my aimer will go up and down at a speed that is abnormal.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 04:21 PM - 08/01/14 »
Definitely the X1 ST.   Never connected the mouse to a PC to change it, so the DPI is whatever the standard highest setting for a Logitech G400 which is 3600 I believe.   My ADS is set to 111, and Hip is set to 82. 

I've been playing a bit more, and I think it's just the very noticeable difference between the X and Y axis speeds in the game itself.  When hip aiming, I barely notice it, but soon as I ADS, it makes it seem choppy.  Is there any way to get around that speed difference?   Maybe my ADS sensitivity is too high?

I'll try those values when I have a chance, I also use the G400. It's not unusual to sometimes experience choppiness when you're using a very high sensitivity with a low turn speed. It has a lot to do with how the game handles angle transitioning between high and low velocities. Skyrim vs CoD is a good example of this. Anyway I'll look at it, are you using very high or insane?

Offline TheFool262

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:08 PM - 08/01/14 »
Yup, for sure on insane.  It's only Titanfall that im having this issue with.  CoD  with the same sensitivity settings works great.  I think I just need to get used to the aiming in TF again.  Making the Hip and ADS more equal to one another helped quite a bit though. 

I think it's just the weird way they made aiming in TF and not necessarily anything on the XIM's end,  not sure what else it could be. I appreciate the help though.    :D

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 05:14 PM - 08/01/14 »
I'm working on the last of us right now but after that I'll check it. While the ST is always trained on the highest in game sensitivity and you should always use the highest in game sensitivity in Titanfall's case I would recommend experimenting using Very High instead. You don't lose much turn speed and it gives you a bit of aim assist that helps make up for the look mechanics shortfalls. I generally don't like aim assist in other games and I disable it if available but it works well in this game.

Offline Obsidian949

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Obsidian949
« Reply #10 on: 01:33 AM - 08/02/14 »

I was going to ask, how do you disable this??

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
« Reply #11 on: 01:53 AM - 08/02/14 »

I was going to ask, how do you disable this??
It is an option in the in-game controller settings.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 05:22 PM - 08/02/14 »
I tried it and 111 ads with 3600 dpi is way too much. The game only lets you turn so fast and you sensitivity is so high that you're skipping over all of the granular stuff. You're going from 0 to 100 then 0 to 100 between movements and it just feels wrong. I suggest starting with a very low sensitivity and then working your way up until you find something that feels nice.

Offline safeman2014

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:18 AM - 08/03/14 »
hey mist whats it like on xboxone titanfall does it feel playable. enough on default or does it need tweaking bad

Offline jaradaj

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 05:56 PM - 08/05/14 »
Why turn look/movement drift off?