XIM Community

XIM4 Store Now Open 8/26  (Read 116671 times)

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 Store Closed.
« Reply #30 on: 07:03 AM - 08/03/14 »
If you read this entire thread you will notice OBs has stated he still has XIM4's, it's not about a device shortage, it's about trying to keep up with orders and taking care of customers on a FIFO (First in First out) basis. They recieved 10x's the number of preoreders they were expecting!

Offline vulcandreams

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 01:19 PM - 08/03/14 »
Ok let's analyze what has been stated... 10x more than expected.... I interpret that to mean.. I have 1000 units and received 10,000 orders... ?. If it were me... I would have limit one per customer (account holder WITHOUT ANNOUNCING it)  to minimize the EBAY WHORES. I should be quiet.... As I haven't received mine yet.. Out for delivery ;D

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #32 on: 01:21 PM - 08/03/14 »
Uncool. I've been a Xim supporter/tester for years, have a Xim 3 and a Xim Edge, was on the pre-order list, and never got an email or notification. Now the store is closed and it looks like I'm going to be playing pre-order roulette.

I know you all have been swamped but what is the point of having a list to notify when pre-orders go up if it doesn't work? I didn't even know it was available (briefly) until today.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 01:32 PM - 08/03/14 »
Ok let's analyze what has been stated... 10x more than expected.... I interpret that to mean.. I have 1000 units and received 10,000 orders... ?
Nah, I don't think you should infer that.

The problem is more to do with the rate at which the place was contracted to fill orders.  You have to do guesswork with that, try to figure out ahead of time how many orders will get placed on day 1, then you tell the place and they assign N workers to the task.  I think those workers got overwhelmed by the actual volume vs. the projected volume and they need to catch up.  It seemed to speed up at some point, so I'm guessing they added workers.

Also, OBs said at one point that the first batch's size was at least 5 digits, meaning at least 10,000 units.  He also mentioned at one point that it was well *over* 10,000.  They should have plenty of units for everyone.  I think it's just the bottleneck of getting everything physically shipped that's the issue here.

Offline vulcandreams

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 01:34 PM - 08/03/14 »
I have the XIM3 using it on PS3 with adapter.... Chose not to invest in XIM EDGE as PS4 and XBOX ONE was on the horizon and I expected a new XIM DEVICE would be in the offering. So I suffered through using the XIM3 while getting raped by XIME users  >:( . I now have both new gen systems and consider buying two XIM4 units but allowed stock for others to enjoy. Yes the pre-order notification did not happen, but if you waited as long as I did to get a new unit.... You would have checked almost daily to know when it was going to be released.. :o

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 01:45 PM - 08/03/14 »
I know you all have been swamped but what is the point of having a list to notify when pre-orders go up if it doesn't work? I didn't even know it was available (briefly) until today.
Well, it does suck to miss a chance to get in on the pre-release opportunity, but it wasn't actually a pre-order.  Officially, XIM4 hasn't actually released.  This buy was specifically meant to give active community members, who are presumably the most excited about the launch, a brief chance to get in a few days early.  They also end up being the last wave of guinea pigs (what I'd call gamma testers) before general availability.  That's useful--people have indeed found a few kinks that OBs is addressing.

It's just unfortunate that, even though you clearly are a loyal XIMmer, you happened to be inactive on the forums during this time.  Maybe for XIM5, OBs can come up with some kind of loyalty/reward scheme for supporters that considers more than just current participation.  I find that he does listen to feedback.  :)

Offline vulcandreams

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:47 PM - 08/03/14 »
Ok... If I have the units on hand..then I would have stated that "my logistical department has become overwhelmed in processing the received orders for shipping, as a result we have closed the store to allow our initial influx of orders to be fully processed thank you in advance  for understanding and patience"  8)

Offline XCNuse

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: XCNuse
« Reply #37 on: 04:39 PM - 08/03/14 »
I never got an email about the Xim4 being released... and people already have them, and you can't buy them.

That's slightly annoying.

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 06:49 PM - 08/03/14 »
This pre-release was for active forum users. If you didn't know about it then you aren't active or you got unlucky and didn't check the forum for a few weeks for whatever reason. This "pre order" was announced in the blog too a few weeks prior.

A lot of members got screwed over for the xim3 launch cause the release date was widely known. So stop complaining about the email notification because it wasn't meant to be sent out.
« Last Edit: 06:53 PM - 08/03/14 by Oxxy »

Offline Demonkaze

• KB & M 4 Lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AimbotOnline
« Reply #39 on: 07:16 PM - 08/03/14 »
Ok... If I have the units on hand..then I would have stated that "my logistical department has become overwhelmed in processing the received orders for shipping, as a result we have closed the store to allow our initial influx of orders to be fully processed thank you in advance  for understanding and patience"  8)
He did say that

Offline vulcandreams

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 07:20 PM - 08/03/14 »
I may have missed where it was stated that way... ::)

Offline XCNuse

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 07:23 PM - 08/03/14 »
I was on vacation; I was informed there would be an email lol, that is all I'm saying.

Offline vulcandreams

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07:27 PM - 08/03/14 »
This pre-release was for active forum users. If you didn't know about it then you aren't active or you got unlucky and didn't check the forum for a few weeks for whatever reason. This "pre order" was announced in the blog too a few weeks prior.

A lot of members got screwed over for the xim3 launch cause the release date was widely known. So stop complaining about the email notification because it wasn't meant to be sent out.

If it wasn't meant to be sent out then it should have never have been posted.. It's about the PR (public relations).

Offline Oxxy

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08:06 PM - 08/03/14 »

If it wasn't meant to be sent out then it should have never have been posted.. It's about the PR (public relations).

You'll receive an email (as will everyone else) When it is officially released. This was a PRE ODER for active forum members, not an official release. I don't get why people can't understand that.

Please read the forums instead of blindly complaining.

Offline XCNuse

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08:18 PM - 08/03/14 »
You'll receive an email (as will everyone else) When it is officially released. This was a PRE ODER for active forum members, not an official release. I don't get why people can't understand that.

Please read the forums instead of blindly complaining.
Granted; I saw something about pre-order and assumed that would be the email. It was stated the product would be released on the 1st, and that is why I am confused. I assumed pre-order would have only been the payment of items, not the actual shipment of items.

Admin