XIM Community

My opinion on the XIM4 hardware  (Read 809 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
My opinion on the XIM4 hardware
« on: 06:18 AM - 08/01/14 »
I think it really looks neat although I liked the rubberised look. Was the button the cause to make the top non rubberized, was it pinched? Its much smaller than I thought it would be. Great Design overall. Maybe take in consideration to replace the cheap foam feet with rubbers. 9/10 but only cause I will never be satisfied!
RookCheck: Relax, no one is attacking you personally.

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
Re: My opinion on the XIM4 hardware
« Reply #1 on: 07:47 AM - 08/01/14 »
I think it really looks neat although I liked the rubberised look. Was the button the cause to make the top non rubberized, was it pinched? Its much smaller than I thought it would be. Great Design overall. Maybe take in consideration to replace the cheap foam feet with rubbers. 9/10 but only cause I will never be satisfied!

It's amazing what Sugru can do, buy a 5 pack and go crazy. I have one pack left I might fix the feet or stick a spare android to it at an angle to make my Xim4-android-ultimate-gaming-device.  ;D

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: My opinion on the XIM4 hardware
« Reply #2 on: 07:51 AM - 08/01/14 »

Thank you roads, I appreciate it. it means a lot.

No, the paint wasn't the cause of the sticking button. It was that it was getting caught on the PCB inside since the rails it glides on weren't thin enough to allow it to readjust itself. Strangely the prototype (high quality 3D print) didn't have the problem so the steel mold needed to be amended.
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.