XIM Community

What Should I Set My DPI To?  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Phinesse-My-Ferb

• View Profile
What Should I Set My DPI To?
« on: 11:52 AM - 07/23/14 »
I'll be using the Corsair Vengeance M65, and the DPI can go up to 8200. I was reading through the XIM4 manual and noticed that it said to set your DPI settings as well as the in game settings to their highest DPI & sensitivity level. Some say 8200 DPI is a bit much. When setting up my mouse, should I set it to its highest DPI anyway and just adjust the sensitivity level in the XIM Manager App? Also, what exactly does "Ballistics" do?

-First Time XIM User

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Re: What Should I Set My DPI To?
« Reply #1 on: 12:27 PM - 07/23/14 »
8200 DPI on PC would be way overkill, but not on the XIM.  Remember the XIM is doing mouse (linear) to joystick (non-linear) translation.  The more data the XIM gets from your mouse hardware the smoother your experience is going to be.  So yes, max DPI and then adjust XIM sensitivity to taste.

Ballistics is a tool that lets you create a custom acceleration curve.  This isn't need most of the time, as the XIM creates 1:1 movement for you anyways.  You might want/need to use ballistics in the cases of breaking through aim assist/sticky aim, slow vehicle turrets, or piloting aircraft.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Phinesse-My-Ferb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:56 PM - 07/23/14 »
8200 DPI on PC would be way overkill, but not on the XIM.  Remember the XIM is doing mouse (linear) to joystick (non-linear) translation.  The more data the XIM gets from your mouse hardware the smoother your experience is going to be.  So yes, max DPI and then adjust XIM sensitivity to taste.

Ballistics is a tool that lets you create a custom acceleration curve.  This isn't need most of the time, as the XIM creates 1:1 movement for you anyways.  You might want/need to use ballistics in the cases of breaking through aim assist/sticky aim, slow vehicle turrets, or piloting aircraft.
Perfect! Thank You So Much For The Quick Reply! [emoji4]

Offline JLisinski96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: justin101G
  • PSN ID: JLisinski96
« Reply #3 on: 09:21 AM - 07/24/14 »
Just wondering does anyone know what the max DPI is for the Logitech G500s is?

Offline Loki

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Loki Revamped
  • PSN ID: LokiRevamped
« Reply #4 on: 12:44 PM - 07/24/14 »
Just wondering does anyone know what the max DPI is for the Logitech G500s is?

Please don't trivialize something you don't understand

Offline JLisinski96

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: justin101G
  • PSN ID: JLisinski96
« Reply #5 on: 11:55 AM - 07/30/14 »
Thanks for the reply

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline Demonkaze

• KB & M 4 Lyfe
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: AimbotOnline

Offline kayoussoldier

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:16 PM - 07/30/14 »
I've had my g400 for a while and I'm looking for an upgrade. The g502 seems popular around here and I was thinking about getting that one. To the people that have one, are you using it at the max dpi (12,000) and does it make a difference over say 3600 dpi with the xim?

Offline Obsidian949

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Obsidian949
« Reply #9 on: 12:14 AM - 07/31/14 »

So in this case should you just leave the sensitivity in a game set to default and just adjust it through the xim itself?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:59 AM - 07/31/14 »
So in this case should you just leave the sensitivity in a game set to default and just adjust it through the xim itself?

ingame sensitvity always to maximum, same as DPI
then adjust your prefered speed via xim sensitivity
that applies to console games

for pc games its different ofc, thats what tuff refered to id say
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Obsidian949

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Obsidian949
« Reply #11 on: 09:00 AM - 07/31/14 »
Oh ok, that makes more sense then. Thanks Odin for the clarity!