XIM Community

Clearance delay in Canada  (Read 29428 times)

Offline Kevin-D-Lee

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: SG Kevin D Lee
  • PSN ID: Kevin-D-Lee
Re: Clearance delay in Canada
« Reply #30 on: 08:40 AM - 07/31/14 »
expecting mine in an hour or two.

Offline Beldents

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08:42 AM - 07/31/14 »
Just got mine 10 mins ago  8)

did you have to pay something to the fed ex guy? i would like to know because i wont be at home when it will arrive ty.

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lxy8339100
« Reply #32 on: 08:46 AM - 07/31/14 »
Just got mine 10 mins ago  8)

did you have to pay something to the fed ex guy? i would like to know because i wont be at home when it will arrive ty.

I didnt pay anything to the Fedex guy but there is a receipt in the package that I need to pay total CAD28.93 customs fee

Offline Gauvreaum

• Watcha Know Bout Life?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08:47 AM - 07/31/14 »
That's all good great and grand for all you fine folk. I still don't even have a tracking number. So it hasn't even shipped (ordered the morning it was available).

And I am also an Edmonton Ximmer. Well Edmonton ish. Morinville (Moronville) to be exact. Ps4.

Offline derek0129

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:46 AM - 07/31/14 »
Canadian Customs can be a bxtch. Sometimes the delay is an hour, sometimes it is a few days. I'm in Edmonton too, but. when I got my XIM3 I was in Yellowknife and it took 3 days to clear Richmond customs.

Sounds like people are getting them through fairly quickly, but sucks about the extra duty. Stupid customs needs its pound of flesh. I'm guessing it's 5% GST, a few dollars of duty, and the handling fee of 10-20 because of the inconvenience of them having to figure out how much to charge you.

Love my country, hate the border agency.
Admitted XIM Fanatic since 2011: XIM, XIM Edge, XIM 3, XIM 4, XIM Apex

Offline cirrostratus

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 11:39 AM - 07/31/14 »
Canadian Customs can be a bxtch. Sometimes the delay is an hour, sometimes it is a few days. I'm in Edmonton too, but. when I got my XIM3 I was in Yellowknife and it took 3 days to clear Richmond customs.

Sounds like people are getting them through fairly quickly, but sucks about the extra duty. Stupid customs needs its pound of flesh. I'm guessing it's 5% GST, a few dollars of duty, and the handling fee of 10-20 because of the inconvenience of them having to figure out how much to charge you.

You guys in AB should only get the 5% GST. There's no duty on most USA manufactured products because of NAFTA ;). There's also a $10 advancement fee that FedEx charges if you don't have a FedEx account. So the total for you should be around $16.78.

Alice I assume you're in ON? I got the same tax bill.
XIM4 | PS3, PS4, PC | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Topre Realforce R2 PFU | Sennheiser Game One

Offline alicel9100

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: lxy8339100
« Reply #36 on: 12:00 PM - 07/31/14 »

You guys in AB should only get the 5% GST. There's no duty on most USA manufactured products because of NAFTA ;). There's also a $10 advancement fee that FedEx charges if you don't have a FedEx account. So the total for you should be around $16.78.

Yes, I am at ON

Offline derek0129

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 01:33 PM - 07/31/14 »

I assumed that it was manufactured in China, "designed in America." Does actual manufacturing happen in the USA, because yes, then NAFTA should apply? Thought someone in this thread said they owe $28. Of course, customs getting it wrong is not unusual and then you go through the long process of trying to get your $28 back.

Offline Cith

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:08 PM - 07/31/14 »
That was really fast... shipment info sent at 10:08AM and already in a town nearby.... that was quick.. hopefully it gets delivered for tomorrow with the delay or ill be waiting until Tuesday!

3:45 pm   
Clearance delay - Import

MISSISSAUGA, ON
10:08 am   
Shipment information sent to FedEx

Offline doc911

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: doc911dr
« Reply #39 on: 04:50 PM - 07/31/14 »
Delay is gone for me. I'm an Edmonton ximmer. Any others?

Mine is gone too

Guelph, Ontario

A fellow ximmer, again. I live in Ottawa since 92' but born and raised in Guelph.
Funny that another disabled player is from G-spot.
doc911

Offline Xpl0iter

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xpl0iter
« Reply #40 on: 05:17 PM - 07/31/14 »
Mississauga Ontario here ^_^

Offline cirrostratus

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05:52 PM - 07/31/14 »

I assumed that it was manufactured in China, "designed in America." Does actual manufacturing happen in the USA, because yes, then NAFTA should apply? Thought someone in this thread said they owe $28. Of course, customs getting it wrong is not unusual and then you go through the long process of trying to get your $28 back.

Haha, give our esteemed bureaucrats at least a little credit. I find usually the screwups are by the courier companies submitting the wrong paperwork and you get the wrong duty. Yes, the XIM4 is "made in the USA" even if some internal circuit components are probably sourced from Asia.

We got a $28.93 tax bill because $17.63 of it is due to Ontario's HST which is 13% (5 federal GST + 8 provincial PST) plus the $10 advancement fee, which has another $1.30 tax on that. The world is less sunny outside of Alberta and the territories as far as sales tax is concerned. Nova Scotia and Quebec even get 15%!

XIM4 | PS3, PS4, PC | Logitech G Pro Wireless | Topre Realforce R2 PFU | Sennheiser Game One

Offline derek0129

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 07:48 PM - 07/31/14 »

Haha, give our esteemed bureaucrats at least a little credit. I find usually the screwups are by the courier companies submitting the wrong paperwork and you get the wrong duty. Yes, the XIM4 is "made in the USA" even if some internal circuit components are probably sourced from Asia.

We got a $28.93 tax bill because $17.63 of it is due to Ontario's HST which is 13% (5 federal GST + 8 provincial PST) plus the $10 advancement fee, which has another $1.30 tax on that. The world is less sunny outside of Alberta and the territories as far as sales tax is concerned. Nova Scotia and Quebec even get 15%!

I work in finance. I can't give bureaucrats any credit after dealing with the CRA. But good to know they got your duties right.

And I just moved to Alberta after 3 years in Saskatoon, so I am loving the lack of PST (and cheap booze)!

Offline snyph3r

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 01:02 PM - 08/01/14 »
Its here...took 24 hrs from Vegas to Calgary, Canada...it cost us $335.17 Canadian for 2 Xim4 including custom  ($24.98)....not sure how much we saved if we ordered separately....
« Last Edit: 01:13 PM - 08/01/14 by snyph3r »

Offline Bertuzzi1616

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09:40 AM - 08/05/14 »
Quick question for anyone in canada who got theirs already. The latest update on my fedex tracking page says, in transit clearance in progress, and that was yesterday at 10am. The estimated delivery date still says today by 5pm, just wondering what you guys experienced and if you think I should receive it today or not.