XIM Community

XIM4 Keyboard Mode/Feature available?????  (Read 3448 times)

Offline daddygame

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: DADDYGAME
XIM4 Keyboard Mode/Feature available?????
« on: 09:51 AM - 08/05/14 »
Im sorry to ask but i was wondering if there was some how a button or some feature u can set up to allow the keyboard to switch from gaming to a full operating keyboard to type messages instead of having to plug it out of xim and directly to ps4 or what ever console u have.

im sorry in advance if im confusing yall or asking a stupid question.

Offline GusBr

• Gus
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 Keyboard Mode/Feature available?????
« Reply #1 on: 11:28 AM - 08/05/14 »
Unfortunately it's not possible, and I don't think it would work in the future.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:32 AM - 08/05/14 »
There was talk of that a while back, but the XIM identifies to the console as a controller and therefore cannot send keypresses.  I'm not sure if there's much that can be done, but OBs is a clever guy and maybe something will come up in the future.  :)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #3 on: 12:02 PM - 08/05/14 »
For it to work....they'd have to basically fake a USB disconnect, then a USB connect and send the keyboard as passthrough without the controller.  then when you switch back do the opposite, this is likely dangerous to your keyboard, mouse, and controller since it will be doing unusual things to accomplish this.  I agree that it would be nice to be able to type messages. 

Instead i simply keep live.xbox.com open and then send messages via my computer.

Offline SlamminUK

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:17 PM - 08/05/14 »
Yes there was allot of talk around this with the XIM3. If you just want a quicker way to compose messages then just use the mobile app for the specific console. You can write messages in no time with this. I use Xbox Smart Glass.

Offline RageInvader

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I RageInvader I
« Reply #5 on: 12:28 PM - 08/05/14 »
The Xbox One supports USB keyboards.

This could be done by buying one of these (http://www.ebuyer.com/239573-startech-4-to-1-usb2-0-sharing-switch-usb421hs) plugging the keyboard into it, then routing one cable into xim, then another cable directly into Xbox One

The Switch can use a keyboard hot key to switch. so you could programme the scroll key to switch between xim and direct connection to XB1.

Xbox One   |   XIM4   |   G700s