XIM Community

Has anyone's order shipped yet?  (Read 126820 times)

Offline CaptainBiscuit

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: CaptainBiscuit1
Re: Has anyone's order shipped yet?
« Reply #15 on: 07:08 AM - 07/30/14 »
For everyone in the UK. We could in theory have ours Friday at the earliest. FedEx international priority is 2 business days. This is assuming they ship Wednesday. Don't know if FedEx deliver on Saturday but that would be handy as well.

Offline d13unholy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 07:11 AM - 07/30/14 »
Lets face it though.  A contest between an average m&k player versus an average pad player is likely to end only one way.  That's the main reason for the excitement behind XIM - i.e getting the upper hand.

I don't agree or disagree. To each his own in my opinion. I know many mouse players who punish, but i also know an equal amount of controller players who would crush said person. different strokes for different folks. Freedom of movement with a mouse is wonderful though.

Offline Noquarter

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 07:18 AM - 07/30/14 »
Yeah, I find its being able to effectively track a fast moving target with the mouse which makes the biggest difference.  That and quick 180 degree turns for the win.  You can do it with a pad but not on as high a sensitivity as XIM.

I must say though I have encountered some devastatingly good pad players on BF.  However I am of the first CS generation and I just cant be bothered to relearn playing such games on the pad.

Offline Sickbones

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 07:46 AM - 07/30/14 »
I can't wait for this to come in. Been playing FPS games since the first Wolfenstein 3D, Rise of the Triad, Blake Stone, etc.

Was also pretty competitive during CS1.3-1.5.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #19 on: 08:05 AM - 07/30/14 »
Be prepared for the relatively slow turn speeds compared to PC.  I've been doing almost nothing but PC the last month and I went back the other day.  It was an adjustment to say the least.

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
« Reply #20 on: 08:17 AM - 07/30/14 »
That and quick 180 degree turns for the win.  You can do it with a pad but not on as high a sensitivity as XIM..

But isn't the XIM limited to the same turn speed as a controller, at the game level. If a controller player is using a high sensitivity they would theoretically have the same ability to 180 as a XIM user.

I personally don't think the XIM offers an unfair advantage at all, but I think that's a conversation for a different thread.

Here's hoping they start shipping today and we can be playing this weekend  ;)

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 08:25 AM - 07/30/14 »
Isn't it a bit too early for shipping out? whens the official date obsiv said? preorders were just taken on the 28. Whats the official release date again?

Offline K_U

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:32 AM - 07/30/14 »
Isn't it a bit too early for shipping out? whens the official date obsiv said? preorders were just taken on the 28. Whats the official release date again?

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=33834

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08:35 AM - 07/30/14 »
ahhh seen that before mind must have glazed over it. Regardless not as fanatical and cough cough insane that i need it right away. My guess is i won't get it until early next week anyways. So no point getting riled up after so many months.  ;) Still will slaughter more effectively even a few days later with xim anyways

Offline Sickbones

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 08:44 AM - 07/30/14 »
Be prepared for the relatively slow turn speeds compared to PC.  I've been doing almost nothing but PC the last month and I went back the other day.  It was an adjustment to say the least.

Even if I max the sensitivity in the game?

Is it not close to 1:1 response?

Offline SlamminUK

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 08:51 AM - 07/30/14 »
1:1 response as much as it can be.

You wait till you jump in a tank with a turret. Slide, lift and repeat.

Offline alexpantazis

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: LOUSredstrike
« Reply #26 on: 08:54 AM - 07/30/14 »
Great to hear that XIM4 is shipping.  After following along all these months and  seeing the amazing work by Obsiv and crew it really sheds some light on the challenging process of product development.  That just underscores the intelligence, talent, hard work and determination that they possess.

Thank you Obsiv and all the others that created this product.  It is a testament to creativity and capitalism at its finest.

I will order one as soon as the Store lets me finalize an order (guess the overwhelming demand has overloaded the process).

Thanks again and I look forward to fragging in all the great PS4 games ahead.

Offline Sickbones

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:54 AM - 07/30/14 »
1:1 response as much as it can be.

You wait till you jump in a tank with a turret. Slide, lift and repeat.

That I don't have too much of a problem with. Even on PC you need to constantly do that even when I play with a higher sensitivity.

I'm used to higher sensitivity FPS gaming on PC so I hope it translates decently (I usually play infantry in most games I play).

If I get it this week, I can't wait to fire up CoD and see how I fare on that :P.

Offline delpers

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: delpers
  • PSN ID: delpers
« Reply #28 on: 09:13 AM - 07/30/14 »
Just got my shipping notification

Offline DerHertog

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 09:13 AM - 07/30/14 »
Just got my shipping notification