XIM Community

ps4 Ear force P4C  (Read 3585 times)

Offline D_Rock27

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: D_Rock27
ps4 Ear force P4C
« on: 03:52 PM - 07/29/14 »
Will this headset work while still plugged in the ds4 controller with xim4? I'm talking only about me hearing chat and being able to talk through the built in mic,I use home theater for game sound.

http://www.turtlebeach.com/product-detail/ps4-headsets/ear-force-p4c/415

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: ps4 Ear force P4C
« Reply #1 on: 03:56 PM - 07/29/14 »
no you need to plug the controller chat cable from the headset into a usb soundcard that you plug into the ps4
audio settings: chat play through speakers
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Ueber

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:00 PM - 07/29/14 »
EDIT: I see it in the manual. "(A USB audio adapter connected directly to PlayStation 4 required)". That is just silly. Is there a plan to support chat via XIM4?
EDIT2: Can someone point me to a "USB audio adapter" which is working with a PS4? Preferably a tested one. Also my PS4 is across the living room, how do you connect the headset to the USB audio adapter?
EDIT3: USB audio adapter which I saw had two sockets: mic and sound. The P4C and also Tritton Kaiken which I have, have only one 3.5 jack for both.
« Last Edit: 04:23 PM - 07/29/14 by Ueber »

Offline Jaddjitsu

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Jaddjitsu
« Reply #3 on: 04:32 PM - 07/29/14 »
I cannot find an option to play chat through speakers, i have not been able to get the px4 to work in this manner.  I can plug a regular mic, into the usb card and get it to pick up, but not with the mic on the headset.  Unless there are some more options i have yet to figure out how to access

Offline D_Rock27

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: D_Rock27
« Reply #4 on: 04:37 PM - 07/29/14 »
nope i can't have whiney kids yelling through my home theater speakers.Looks like this is going to cost more than i thought

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 04:48 PM - 07/29/14 »
EDIT: I see it in the manual. "(A USB audio adapter connected directly to PlayStation 4 required)". That is just silly. Is there a plan to support chat via XIM4?
EDIT2: Can someone point me to a "USB audio adapter" which is working with a PS4? Preferably a tested one. Also my PS4 is across the living room, how do you connect the headset to the USB audio adapter?
EDIT3: USB audio adapter which I saw had two sockets: mic and sound. The P4C and also Tritton Kaiken which I have, have only one 3.5 jack for both.

your issue is that the sound is just mono and therefore they can go with a regular jack, i dont think theres an easy option to split chat audio from mic audio from such a source for a usb soundcard
if you find one then just use the usb soundcard

or use a second DS4 that you use for chat exclusively

I cannot find an option to play chat through speakers, i have not been able to get the px4 to work in this manner.  I can plug a regular mic, into the usb card and get it to pick up, but not with the mic on the headset.  Unless there are some more options i have yet to figure out how to access

old the ps button on the controller and there you can configure the DS4 device options, there you can set the audio to play through speakers

nope i can't have whiney kids yelling through my home theater speakers.Looks like this is going to cost more than i thought

i dont think theres any worthfull option for you right now, chat though controller doesnt work with the DS4 when its in usb mode therefore also not with the xim
your only chance to get the chat with a xim is from play through speakers, and you cannot isolate that for your home theater

at this point you might want to buy a second DS4 that runs wireless that you use for chat, this isnt comfortable but probably your only option right now
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Offline Ueber

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 04:56 PM - 07/29/14 »
at this point you might want to buy a second DS4 that runs wireless that you use for chat, this isnt comfortable but probably your only option right now

This does not work, when you turn on the second controller and choose your account the first controller will get disconnected. Is this only in case of XIM4 that it does not get disconnected? Please advise.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 05:36 PM - 07/29/14 »

This does not work, when you turn on the second controller and choose your account the first controller will get disconnected. Is this only in case of XIM4 that it does not get disconnected? Please advise.

you sign into a second profile that you use for chatting with your friends (party chat)
PSN Plus and all your purchases also carry over to other profiles on your console

tbh i wouldnt do this unless you already have a second DS4
buying a second DS4 just for this is worth more than the headset, imo id go for a regular headset that is known to work, eg the sony gold which gives great sound for the money
or some custom picks with a dss2 and a modmic

Offline Ueber

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 05:50 PM - 07/29/14 »
I already have a 2nd DS4, and probably will buy a 3rd and 4th down the road (Diablo 3 local coop ftw). But the main driver for me is that I have a sound system for which I paid a lot of money (compared to the price of a xim4 or a ps4), therefore I don't want to buy an expensive headset and listen to the game sound on headphones. Those mono headphones are only for voice chat purposes. I still listen to the game sound through 5.0 surround sound with two huge stereo boxes in front of me. #firstworldproblems :)

Anyways, thanks for your input.

EDIT: btw. the sony gold is like 4 times the price of a tritton kaiken :)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:18 PM - 07/29/14 »
well the second controller is just a temporary solution anyhow, lets hope sony is updating this issue soon so the controller also passes over audio in usb mode, then you can regularly use those mono-headphones :)

Offline ButtoxQT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ButtoxQT
« Reply #10 on: 06:19 PM - 07/29/14 »
I should have just posted this here for you to hopefully help instead I posted a ne thread and tried to delete it...

Any of you that frequently play with a group that successfully have used a headset to play and communicate input is appreciated.

It is really disappointing that I can't just use my headset like I'm suppose to now. I also do not make alot of money, or enough that I can wantingly drop another couple hundred on a headset mic combo that works flawlessly.

Can anyone tell me with the USB sound card I just bought...will the chat not be able to be heard through my headset now? I just purchased a powered USB hub, and male/female 3.5mm extension and a usb sound card to try and make this work...BUUUUUUUT......if I'm wearing my headset and the voice chat plays through the tv speakers then that is useless anyway. I mean I like to sound whore in COD I don't hear anything outside my headset so if the voice doesn't come through the headset with this work around then I wasted money on both the parts and also the px4 which were a gift to me since I'll need to buy new @#$% anyway....

HOPEFULLY I'm wrong and with the workaround sound card the game sound and voice will still both play through my headset.

Basically communication is key and I want to try and find out where this voice playback goes with the sound card option. I wont want to play without a headset as you are at a huge disadvantage. But playing with friends, no communication if I can't hear voice is just as bad...

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 06:43 PM - 07/29/14 »
here my response, i locked the other topic :)

the first problem is that XIM cannot do anything against this as its a sony fault, the second problem is that most gaming headset companies are idiots and release cheap solutions that require chatcables to the controller rather than costy solutions with usb mics

anyhow here are some solutions to your problem

1) the usb soundcard
when setting play through speaker the chat audio should also be heard in your headphones, if not then this is a turtle beach fault regarding the way it grabs the audio
normally you would grab the sound via otpical to a dolby decoder that you connect to the headset, in that case chat audio can be heard in the headphone when picking play through speakers
a good headset has two jacks, one for the mic and one for the audio
the audio one plugs into the dolby receiver, the mic jack into the usb soundcard
if the headphone only has one jack then you need to buy an adapter to split the audio line from the mic

2) the premium usb soundcard aka astro mixamp
while it gives super bad audio quality its an all in one soundcard solution that lets you hear and talk with any headset, just plug it via usb into the PS4 and connect the optical to it and you are done

3) use a second controller and sign in with a second profile

Offline ButtoxQT

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ButtoxQT
« Reply #12 on: 06:56 PM - 07/29/14 »
Well my idea was to purchase the USB card that someone on here recommended a few times, maybe it was you I don't remember. So i plug that in the USB hub that I ordered also. Then I take the cord that would plug into my controller and extend it with a male female 3.5mm and just just the mic jack on the usb card. If I can hear that voice in my headset along with the surround sound...awesome! If not I want to punch sony in the throat...