XIM Community

The last of us remastered?  (Read 20592 times)

Offline wyld3

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wyld3 KNFr
  • PSN ID: Wyld3_KNFr
Re: The last of us remastered?
« Reply #165 on: 03:01 PM - 08/10/14 »
**Spoiler**

It's the best video game ending.  They could have went the cheap, easy way.  But no, they kept there artistic integrity and stayed true to the characters.  Doing it any other way is a disservice to ellie or joel.
« Last Edit: 03:02 PM - 08/10/14 by mist4fun »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: 03:01 PM - 08/10/14 »
It's kind of an on the fence spoiler I guess. Controversial parts of the game can lead to expectations and the user may not have came to the same conclusion if they had went through the game fresh. Hearing about ME3 stuff before finishing the game is a good example.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline pulpbiggles

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: LordofBiggles
  • PSN ID: PulpBiggles
« Reply #167 on: 05:42 AM - 08/11/14 »
I'm not quite sure I understand either ... finished the game at the weekend and I never had to actually use the flashlight to see. I turned it on a few times as I felt obliged (and I knocked the stick button) ... but I never felt I absolutely needed it on. Wonder if I've got my brightness too high.

Man the light off thing is really bad for the atmosphere. I understand the Yeesh now. I thought it would be more pew pew and less splinter cell.

I don't understand this completely. Light off thing bad for atmosphere? The flashlight? I've only had to recharge my flashlight once thankfully and I explore everywhere for upgrades and stuff. Regarding pew pew, you can play however you like for most of the game but the stealth element is there too if you want to use it.

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: 05:45 AM - 08/11/14 »
***Spoiler***

Disagree...I think the best way would have been to give the player a choice, multiple endings maybe?...again everyone needs to complete the game to get their own opinion.

**Spoiler**

It's the best video game ending.  They could have went the cheap, easy way.  But no, they kept there artistic integrity and stayed true to the characters.  Doing it any other way is a disservice to ellie or joel.

***Spoiler***

Offline willthetech

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: 05:48 AM - 08/11/14 »
I'm not quite sure I understand either ... finished the game at the weekend and I never had to actually use the flashlight to see. I turned it on a few times as I felt obliged (and I knocked the stick button) ... but I never felt I absolutely needed it on. Wonder if I've got my brightness too high.

Man the light off thing is really bad for the atmosphere. I understand the Yeesh now. I thought it would be more pew pew and less splinter cell.

I don't understand this completely. Light off thing bad for atmosphere? The flashlight? I've only had to recharge my flashlight once thankfully and I explore everywhere for upgrades and stuff. Regarding pew pew, you can play however you like for most of the game but the stealth element is there too if you want to use it.

Really...hmm  there were sections in the game  that were almost pitch black for me. I guess i could've adjust the brightness but then if defeats the purpose of the game producer... ;)

Offline Spunky

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: 06:28 AM - 08/11/14 »
I love playing these kind of games with the brightness set to how it's meant to be. Dead space <3. Fear <3 (not Fear3 though because that was garbage) i would imagine most people would crank up brightness though as I myself do in online fps so I can see the sneaky bad-tards hiding in dark corners.

The remastered version is my first look at the game. I've completed the hard mode so I could get a feel for it and be able to use the listening ability. I don't rely on the ability I just like to see 100% of a game before restricting myself to limited hud and so on. I'm currently on the hardest difficulty grounded and I'm loving every second of getting my @#$% handed to me. There are areas of the game where I know every enemies set path and can flawlessly stealth kill everyone in that area moving between them unseen with near milisecond precision. The reason for that is I've played those areas and died 1000 different ways. Has anyone seen the film Edge of tomorrow? That's what this game is like on grounded. Unless you just go on a shooting rampage or run for the exit.

So yeah I use my flashlight quite often as I can't see for @#$%. The controller pass through issue, will this be fixed at some point? If so is it going to be a software update or is my current hardware just not good enough? Would a pass through fix also fix the controller mic capabilities?

Offline TheJareBear

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: 04:21 PM - 07/17/16 »
I just downloaded this on the PSN flash sale. Is there a workaround for the flashlight shaking or is it still "gotta unplug and reboot controller" procedure

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: 05:49 PM - 07/17/16 »
If that is the only way to recharge the flashlight then yes. We support touchpad passthrough now though so if they allow you to do it that way you can.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: 06:07 PM - 07/17/16 »
i no longer remember how i did the flashlight but i played the whole game with the xim
the flashlight isnt being used all that often, and i think it never actually stops but just goes slightly darker
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: 06:14 PM - 07/17/16 »
Same, I don't remember needing to use it a lot throughout the game.

Offline TheJareBear

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: 08:26 PM - 07/17/16 »
Yeah as I've played more I see now it's a non-issue. Haven't needed to unplug controller once.

Sorry for bumping the old thread.

Game feels great on xim4

Offline Cygnus11

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: 10:23 AM - 07/18/16 »
I also just purchased this game today.  I'm curious if anyone still plays the multiplayer?  I never played it when it was originally released because I was so bad at aiming with the controller.  But I'd be interested in playing now with the xim4.  Does anyone know if this multiplayer is still popular now?

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: 11:46 AM - 07/18/16 »
I got it on PS4... for $20 on disk at gamestop, then two weeks later on sale for $7.99

shew buddy.
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX