XIM Community

Win10 Experiences - Update Yes or No?  (Read 731 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Win10 Experiences - Update Yes or No?
« on: 10:16 AM - 07/18/16 »
im sure there are lots of people like me knowing that the free to upgrade offer will expire soon
what id like to know is what experiences everyone has done with Windows 10 so far and if you would recommend to upgrade now

a lot has been changed since its release, and most of the spyware can now be deactivated via free programs
Win7 is working fine for me, but regarding the expiration date in 2 weeks its worth it to take a closer look at Windows10 now imo
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Irloki

• View Profile
Re: Win10 Experiences - Update Yes or No?
« Reply #1 on: 11:25 AM - 07/18/16 »
As long as your drivers are good there is no reason not to upgrade at this point. Only problem I have is bluetooth is flakey on mine which is probably down to drivers.

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 11:44 AM - 07/18/16 »
yes, i have triple monitors... will not work witn win 10 for my setup, I run dual GTX285

also, i am not certain the SLI capability is built in yet either...  i have attempted upgrade twice... both times i had major issues.... even when I went and got a GTX 960 and use it the single card for three monitors it would lock up constantly...

Win 10 is wonderful if your hardware and drivers like it.  If yo upgrade to Win10, you can with the click of a button revert back to win(7) or whatever you had.
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 11:45 AM - 07/18/16 »
here are instructions on how to revert back to your previous OS if you cannot get win10 to work right. its really easy.

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=how%20to%20undo%20win10%20upgrade

To access this, open the Start menu and select Settings. Click the “Update & security” icon and select “Recovery.” You should see a “Go back to Windows 7” or “Go back to Windows 8.1” option. Click the Get started button to get rid of your Windows 10 install and restore your previous Windows install.Jun 29, 2015
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX