XIM Community

Razer Ourobos wireless mode  (Read 1796 times)

Offline BowDux

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: daviderosa83
Razer Ourobos wireless mode
« on: 03:58 AM - 07/17/14 »
Hi guys

I have a few question about the razer ourobos:

Online i can find only the razer ouroboROs, does it's a different one or in the compatibily list is wrong write?

Can someone confirm that it can work in wireless mode?

It's the only gaming mouse in the compatibility list that can be my choise, i need a wireless mouse couse i play on the sofa with a board on my leg and i'm  far from console, and i'm lefthand and the ouroboros is the only with a symmetric design.

I'm sorry for the bother, but it's quite expensive, and i want to be sure that it will work well

Offline izzyreb02

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EruKaze
  • PSN ID: xSLaYer-GunsX
Re: Razer Ourobos wireless mode
« Reply #1 on: 08:06 PM - 07/19/14 »
Hi there, I can clearly confirm that it works both wirelessly or Wired Mode.

I have the mouse during XimEdge Time and it worked fine with no problems.

Same goes through the Xim4e beta No problems :) . I only had issues was only the blue tooth connectivity due to my android phone wasn't truly android (meaning its a fake) so basically other than that your all set to go.

I'm also of thinking of getting wireless sensei but that's only for my basic use, but I could test it out if it works though through Xim4. But time will tell on that.

At the moment I have 2 Razer Mouses, Mamba 2012 and Ourobus. Ourobus is now going to be the Console mouse for Xim4 and Mamba or the sensei I'm thinking of getting is only for my basic use.

Offline BowDux

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:48 AM - 07/20/14 »
Thanks you Izzyreb. It seems that i'll make a present to myself. Can u tell me what is, in your opinion, the optimal setting in DPI and report rate?

Offline izzyreb02

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 03:20 AM - 07/20/14 »
It all varies on preferences. I like the mouse cause I'm a left handed and I need a wireless mouse that is comfortable as well on gaming or what not.

It is a good mouse on Xim 4 cause one good thing is cause you wouldn't need to use the Razer software on it and everything is just onboard on the mouse itself.

The Razer Synapse software that you use on the computer, is a bit buggy. It jumps or skips or what not but that's just due to the software's fault.

But if your only going to use it for Xim4 then you shouldn't run into any problems like that.

the DPI for me is I usually just have it 1800 (on the 2nd bar sensitivity on the mouse) and report rate set to 500. (Polling rate)

I reckon there is no need to go extreme to 1ms when Xim 4 is only able to go 8ms or 4ms (I cant remember >w<) so 5ms is a better option on the mouse.

Offline HemiRoiD

• A Bigger Pain
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: HemiRoiD
« Reply #4 on: 06:48 AM - 07/20/14 »
 I just picked up a razer mamba for xim4
Is there a reason your not going to use it on xim4 just wondering is it not a good choice
Razer  Orbweaver /Razer Mamba/PS4/Asus mx279h/XIM4
Straight Talk LG L34C Optimus Fuel Android

Offline izzyreb02

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:35 AM - 07/21/14 »
Well on the hardware compatibility it says Razer mamba 2012 (wired) so it may seems it only works wired better.

I actually like ambidextrous aneway where it fits any palm of the person, even left handers. Its funny how I use Razer Mamba but it fits fine for me, even though I'm a leftie. But I like the wireless freedom for me.

It was mad getting 2 wireless mouses and one of them is only supported on wired only. But of course when Ourobous was released I actually able to test it out if it works with Xim and reported if it did or not.

Apparently it did :)

I always try to find a suitable mouse that either fits or works properly for me on basic use but at least Ourobous runs flawless on Xim

Offline BowDux

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12:55 AM - 07/23/14 »
Thanks for answers Izzyreb  ;D