XIM Community

USB Switch fine?  (Read 8162 times)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Re: USB Switch fine?
« Reply #15 on: 04:17 PM - 02/04/16 »
an usb headset through a kvm should work, but of course it will only work for one of the two connected platforms at a time

also what you might want to consider is using xim sandhawc
it lets you connect your pc attached gear to the xim, so you can sort of run xim through the pc
with a keyboard click you can instantly switch between pc and console
also you dont have the power issue then anymore as your devices are powered through the pc
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Hyp

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05:02 PM - 02/04/16 »
Yeah the more I'm looking into it, the more I'm considering the main reason for wanting this and that's the convenience factor. So with that, I'm now leaning more towards a full on KVM switch as opposed to a USB switch so I can toggle a monitor as well.

Xim Sandhawc sounds neat, but if I went that route I'm restricted to only Mouse and Keyboard yeah? Since the ports would be reserved for Mouse, Keyboard and PS4 controller, leaving no room for a USB headset.

Most KVM switches will allow for a quick keyboard hotkey that toggles the switch, I believe. Essentially using the Xim as your switch is pretty cool though #ThatValue.

Offline Hyp

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 08:48 PM - 02/04/16 »
http://amzn.com/B006H412LO

Something like this seems ideal for the following setup:

Mouse (USB)
Keyboard (USB)
Gaming Headset (USB)
Monitor (HDMI)

Switching between PS4 and a Computer. Sadly the reviews on this particular unit are not great. I'm trying to find a device with these ports but reliable.