XIM Community

Razer naga left handed dpi  (Read 1509 times)

Offline paulg123

• View Profile
Razer naga left handed dpi
« on: 06:53 AM - 07/13/14 »
Hey guys so I have been out of the xim scene for a while with the edge last year.I have a ps4 now and I'm a leftie, with the xim edge I remember I had to use the deathadder leftie on the default DPI setting as Razer brought out that cloud settings feature or software whatever it was so that in order for certain saved  settings to work you had to have the software running on the PC.Back to my point though is that I noticed the naga leftie has been released and was just asking if anyone would know whether the xim 4 would only pick up the default DPI of that mouse too or if it has added functionality to somehow pick up on your cloud settings and actively use higher DPI settings?

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
Re: Razer naga left handed dpi
« Reply #1 on: 10:42 AM - 07/13/14 »
I believe it has to be an edition that works with Synapse 1.0, which still stored settings on the mouse.  I don't know for sure that the one you're looking at works with it, though.  Here's the driver, if you're brave enough to buy one and try it out:

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=744

If it works, then you should be able to program it to your tastes on PC and then swap over to XIM and use it like you'd use any other plug-n-play mouse.

Offline paulg123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12:52 PM - 07/13/14 »
I believe it has to be an edition that works with Synapse 1.0, which still stored settings on the mouse.  I don't know for sure that the one you're looking at works with it, though.  Here's the driver, if you're brave enough to buy one and try it out:

http://drivers.razersupport.com/index.php?_m=downloads&_a=viewdownload&downloaditemid=744

If it works, then you should be able to program it to your tastes on PC and then swap over to XIM and use it like you'd use any other plug-n-play mouse.
OK thanks for your reply much appreciated , I take it by your reply that nothing has changed with the xim 4 and I'm stuck with the same situation :-/

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:06 PM - 07/13/14 »
Can't help you there, XIM4 will be my first XIM.  I'm just familiar with how plug-and-play mice work vs. custom driver mice.

As I understand it... and yes, I think you already have the gist of this, but since I did some research on it, I want to share for anyone else who comes along with a similar question...

Synapse 1.0 saved your settings in the mouse's onboard storage, rather than your hard drive or the cloud.  You could set up your mouse on one computer, save the settings to the mouse itself, and then you'd be able to take the mouse to another computer and plug it in and have it work, even if you didn't install any custom software or drivers on the other computer.  Mice with many buttons typically identify as a standard combo mouse+keyboard and send standard mouseclicks and keystrokes, so no special driver is needed.  The down side of this is that storage on the mouse is limited, so you get a small number of profiles and you have to select one manually (if you can at all... pretty sure you can though).  The mouse doesn't know what game or app you're in.

Synapse 2.0 wants to know where your cloud-based settings are, which it downloads and caches locally on your hard drive.  Unlike 1.0, the settings aren't saved on the mouse, but updated on the fly as the driver sees you using this or that program.  I'm not sure if the mouse ever saves anything to its local storage.  It just uses the settings it's sent until it's told otherwise or the power is lost.  This means that plugging it into another computer, without Synapse 2.0, only uses the default settings, which are limited in functionality.   The up side of this is that you can have a bazillion profiles that are each automatically selected when you switch to the appropriate app.

The 2.0 behavior is fabulous for PC gaming, I must admit, though I hear the driver's a bit hokey for some people.  Still, in theory, it's a good idea.  Alas, this niche-market use, where you have to use it in driverless plug-and-play mode, is not compatible.  Unless, as I mentioned, Synapse 1.0 works with the Naga you want to use.  You could mail their tech support and ask, I suppose.  A warning, though... people have complained loudly and at great length about Razer tech support, so... don't hold your breath.
« Last Edit: 02:30 PM - 07/13/14 by Aiken_Drum »

Offline paulg123

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 03:59 AM - 07/14/14 »
Can't help you there, XIM4 will be my first XIM.  I'm just familiar with how plug-and-play mice work vs. custom driver mice.

As I understand it... and yes, I think you already have the gist of this, but since I did some research on it, I want to share for anyone else who comes along with a similar question...

Synapse 1.0 saved your settings in the mouse's onboard storage, rather than your hard drive or the cloud.  You could set up your mouse on one computer, save the settings to the mouse itself, and then you'd be able to take the mouse to another computer and plug it in and have it work, even if you didn't install any custom software or drivers on the other computer.  Mice with many buttons typically identify as a standard combo mouse+keyboard and send standard mouseclicks and keystrokes, so no special driver is needed.  The down side of this is that storage on the mouse is limited, so you get a small number of profiles and you have to select one manually (if you can at all... pretty sure you can though).  The mouse doesn't know what game or app you're in.

Synapse 2.0 wants to know where your cloud-based settings are, which it downloads and caches locally on your hard drive.  Unlike 1.0, the settings aren't saved on the mouse, but updated on the fly as the driver sees you using this or that program.  I'm not sure if the mouse ever saves anything to its local storage.  It just uses the settings it's sent until it's told otherwise or the power is lost.  This means that plugging it into another computer, without Synapse 2.0, only uses the default settings, which are limited in functionality.   The up side of this is that you can have a bazillion profiles that are each automatically selected when you switch to the appropriate app.

The 2.0 behavior is fabulous for PC gaming, I must admit, though I hear the driver's a bit hokey for some people.  Still, in theory, it's a good idea.  Alas, this niche-market use, where you have to use it in driverless plug-and-play mode, is not compatible.  Unless, as I mentioned, Synapse 1.0 works with the Naga you want to use.  You could mail their tech support and ask, I suppose.  A warning, though... people have complained loudly and at great length about Razer tech support, so... don't hold your breath.
Thanks for your info , its good to have someone on the same wavelength of what I am talking about and I'll give Razer a try at tech support to see if I have any joy lol