XIM Community

Missing features - the roads list  (Read 13011 times)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Missing features - the roads list
« on: 01:18 AM - 07/03/14 »
Features missing with short explanations. This is for the time after release of the XIM4 when Obsiv adresses the app.

features already acknowledged by Obsiv:
   http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=30420.0

needed:

- normalisation of buttons. If you set up a game, the next game will adjust the actions to the buttons automatically. Example game A has jump on "a" and game B on "x" and you mapped space on your keyboard for it, if you set up game B it will automatically map space. This feature exists in XIM Edge and XIM3 but not in XIM4E or XIM4.

- normalisation of sensitivity.  If you set up a game, the next game will adjust the sensitivity automatically so on your mouse pad both games turn the same distance on your mouse pad.

- turn assist. while activated the mouse is working as a joystick. This was used differntly than mapping the right stick to keyboard. It also uses less keys (Sony stick users).

- quick input ballistics editor. World record for a full curve non-linear is set at something over 2 minutes on the PC by Mist. No one dared to test this on the App yet. Goal is under 10 seconds.

- direct number input for sens maybe even slider instead up/down arrow

- additional non global activation of main config of a game. This is important as the global key can only be activated when the App is turned off. Example global activation of game mapped to "F1", non global is "m".  You can get out of vehicle in BF4 and have foot soldier sensitivity with "m" even if the app is running.

- Global keys should be active even if App is running XIM4 must talk back to the App

- Xim Commander

- Global Menuing  It would be a menu button you set up to a config where you can map the controller buttons for the menus in all games. For example you can set left mouse button to A (X) and right mouse button to B (circle). Without this you will have to remember in each game how the controller is mapped or grab the controller. This could be dropped if normalisation would also add subconfigs as you could set it up in the master config and it would be copied game by game.

- Real preorders

- Warn about double key bindings system wide as an option

- let the main config be changed even if XIM app is running

- Sixaxis and Touch pad keyboard/mouse mapping and passthrough

- import/export configs

- XIM button reset function

- Turn on PS4 with XIM

- show mapped controller button Not only show the button pressed (least informative as you just pressed it) and the action but also the corresponding mapped controller key. You need this to learn and find the button location on your mapping. Example Last of us tells you to press L3, now where the hell did you map L3 to. Right now the only way you have is blindly try out the buttons or enter the button menu by at least three clicks/taps.
The phone should not be touched for this its time consuming and you want to play the game not the XIM App.

- Counter measure in ST Its time for the ST to get to the next level and try out some counter measures to timed acceleration and missing speeds. Missing speeds could be strobed by using higher speeds trading jitters for the gap. Timed acceleration like holding max speed in last of us that makes spin speed up could be countered by forcing the speed lower for the time necessary to hinder the speed up.

- OFFLINE config editing, sync at XIM4 start I
« Last Edit: 02:34 AM - 02/15/15 by roads »
Crusade atm: none

Offline Riexn

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Riexn
  • PSN ID: Riexn
Re: Missing features - the roads list
« Reply #1 on: 01:20 AM - 07/03/14 »
- turn assist. while activated the mouse is working as a joystick. This was used differntly than mapping the right stick to keyboard. It also uses less keys (Sony stick users).

Radial menu?

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:29 AM - 07/03/14 »
I dont have experience with radial menues but I think they can be handled well with turn assist?

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #3 on: 04:39 AM - 07/03/14 »
Man they need to come out with more games so I can screw with the ui more and debunk half of these features...  :P just kidding.

Seriously unfortunately ive only been playing bf so my use of the ui has been minimal. We need some good fps boys.

I do miss my standard hip and smart ads hybrid for bf though... no lie. Zen too...
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 04:59 AM - 07/03/14 »
Standards he doesn’t want to, its been discussed so many times. He wants them gone. I think there is nothing we can do about it. He gives alternatives like that DZ augmentation knob boost its called I think, but standards are gone.

Offline amak1

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wa2En5emble
« Reply #5 on: 05:12 AM - 07/03/14 »
Standards he doesn’t want to, its been discussed so many times. He wants them gone. I think there is nothing we can do about it. He gives alternatives like that DZ augmentation knob boost its called I think, but standards are gone.

Yea yea... I have to screw with it more.
Ice... 15ml lime cordial... 1 dash angostura bitters... 2 oz 100% agave tequila... top off with sprite or 7 up

Offline PointBlankShot

• Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:32 AM - 07/03/14 »
not sure if this is in the latest beta.. but assignment of keystrokes to joystick on G13 would be nice
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline ShortSchoolBus

• U.S. Army -Who dares, wins.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07:07 AM - 07/03/14 »
Turn assist is a big plus. The right stick works well, but turn assist is better IMHO.
Apex XIM4 Xim Edge
Xbox 360 Xbox One
Logitech G910 Keyboard
Logitech G503 wireless
Razer Vespula Pad
Astro A40

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07:29 AM - 07/03/14 »
not sure if this is in the latest beta.. but assignment of keystrokes to joystick on G13 would be nice

You can not set the stick as joystick in setpoint in windows? XIM overrides that setting? Not something that makes it on my list as too few people use that. Get an Orbweaver if you want to use the stick digital?

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:57 AM - 07/03/14 »
Hi Roads, im new here.

My name is Winnnie, im going to take over both of your arms and you will type:

Xim Commander to the list......

;D ;D ;D
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline neepz

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 05:02 PM - 07/05/14 »
lol Win ya loon  ;D

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:15 PM - 07/20/14 »
Added double key binding systemwide check warning as an option. Helps to sort out strange XIM behaviour.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10:09 AM - 07/28/14 »
added
let the main config be changed even if XIM app is running

Offline Humble

• MVP
    • View Profile