XIM Community

just to get a better understanding  (Read 2620 times)

Offline #47

• View Profile
just to get a better understanding
« on: 03:26 AM - 06/29/14 »
hey guys so ive been keeping an eye on the xim4 for a wile now , Ive been a long time user of the previous models xim1 for my ps3 and xim2 for my 360.  Now with those models you had to configure the dead zones with a separate program running on your computer, we would all have to hunt for the best configurations on this site , now don't get me wrong i had no problem doing that to enjoy the way i like to play my games . Im just curious as to how the new model will work . am i still going to need to figure out the best dead zones and see which type it is  or figure out the xy ratios our selfs. from what i read it didnt seem to be set up the same way but i was curious so i figured id ask .

Thanks

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
Re: just to get a better understanding
« Reply #1 on: 04:44 AM - 06/29/14 »
From what I've read you download the smart translated (ST) for the game you want to play and your pretty much good to go. No need to configuring.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
just to get a better understanding
« Reply #2 on: 05:57 AM - 06/29/14 »
No more config hunting needed, a smart translator contains the perfect settings for true 1:1 movement
All you need to do is set sensitivity and button binding
If for some reason you have certain velocity or movement habbits you can even tweak the smart translator
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10:13 AM - 06/29/14 »
Wow OP, you've missed out on some marvelous advancements in the XIM world. Prepare to have mind blown.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 05:56 PM - 06/29/14 »
ok sweet im glad , this seems to be a big evolution interns of tech from the older models i cant wait to try it out, is there any  of the older models that work on the new consoles in the mean time ?

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:09 PM - 06/29/14 »
ok sweet im glad , this seems to be a big evolution interns of tech from the older models i cant wait to try it out, is there any  of the older models that work on the new consoles in the mean time ?

Well there is the Xim Edge which works on the PS4 via a firmware upgrade, a specific bluetooth adapter and I think something else. The edges are going for insane prices right now so I'd just wait it out. Guessedimated ETA of Xim4 is end of July.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:12 PM - 06/29/14 »
For the record the current workings on the new Gen consoles with current Gen XIMs is just temporary for beta testing the new XIM4 firmware/feature sets. After release you would require an actual XIM4 to play next gen.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 06:29 PM - 06/29/14 »
Im just curious as to how the new model will work .

Just FYI, it isn't a new model, it's been around since the XIM3. Tried and true, everyone loved it and you have nothing to worry about.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:51 PM - 06/29/14 »
Eh? It is a new model. All new hardware, increased memory, built in Bluetooth, etc.

The biggest differences you will experience OP is how to build actual configs as the interface has a major upgrade and you can now configure it with your phone, if you have an Android, or with PC. IOS/Win Phone coming later.  Of course it'll have new features you've never used such as ballistic curves, etc which are geared for the more advanced user.

Offline #47

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 06:52 PM - 06/29/14 »
alright then ill just wait out then till the xim4 is ready , i checked out ebay and the prices did seem high for the edge , i did see some other models of different competitors  stuff but seeing as ive already had a good standing with these products i don't see why i would bother with any thing else. I don't know about the the rest of you but it is @#$% irritating playing with a controller .  Honestly if the community on pc side were as strong as they use to be i would have probably just stayed with pc gaming but i don't know if any of you guys jump back and forth from pc to console the pc side of things are hurting . I picked up ghosts  for the pc because i just got so sick of the @#$% controller let me tell you worst impulse rage buy ever. Its like impossible to find any hardcore rooms, battle field 4 is still ok but i feel that's only a matter of time before that community starts to dwindle

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:12 PM - 06/29/14 »
Eh? It is a new model. All new hardware, increased memory, built in Bluetooth, etc.

The biggest differences you will experience OP is how to build actual configs as the interface has a major upgrade and you can now configure it with your phone, if you have an Android, or with PC. IOS/Win Phone coming later.  Of course it'll have new features you've never used such as ballistic curves, etc which are geared for the more advanced user.

Oh sorry, I read 'old model' as the old standard translations and 'new model' as smart translations, which have been around for a while. That's what OP was mostly concerned about, right? Not having to configure and stuff.

Offline Crafty

• zzzzzzzz
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Zchted
« Reply #11 on: 12:50 AM - 07/02/14 »
alright then ill just wait out then till the xim4 is ready , i checked out ebay and the prices did seem high for the edge , i did see some other models of different competitors  stuff but seeing as ive already had a good standing with these products i don't see why i would bother with any thing else. I don't know about the the rest of you but it is @#$% irritating playing with a controller .  Honestly if the community on pc side were as strong as they use to be i would have probably just stayed with pc gaming but i don't know if any of you guys jump back and forth from pc to console the pc side of things are hurting . I picked up ghosts  for the pc because i just got so sick of the @#$% controller let me tell you worst impulse rage buy ever. Its like impossible to find any hardcore rooms, battle field 4 is still ok but i feel that's only a matter of time before that community starts to dwindle
The grip for my analog sticks are worn out and ripping.. And I've only had my ps4 for about half a year. That's fine though, as our journey is almost complete.
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz