XIM Community

Development Equipment  (Read 1477 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Development Equipment
« on: 09:06 AM - 06/19/14 »
I'd like to request the ability to ship (at my cost) unsupported hardware to a PO Box.

This would allow the developers to get hands on with the hardware to add support.

Requirements:
* shipping to a from is at the users cost
* any and all items shipped are at the users risk of damage and might not come back at all
* XIM as a company doesn't guarantee the safe return of items or support for items shipped.

I think this protects XIM and honestly i'd still ship items to the PO box to get firmware support.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Development Equipment
« Reply #1 on: 09:14 AM - 06/19/14 »
What hardware are you interested in?
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:52 AM - 06/19/14 »
I misread the first post thinking he wanted the XIM DEV hardware sent to him to test with it lol. Now I believe he is suggesting that we send OUR hardware to the xim team so they can build support for it vs waiting for them to procure such hardware themselves.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #3 on: 11:06 AM - 06/19/14 »
I misread the first post thinking he wanted the XIM DEV hardware sent to him to test with it lol. Now I believe he is suggesting that we send OUR hardware to the xim team so they can build support for it vs waiting for them to procure such hardware themselves.

Good read. I was confused at first as well, especially since I know ABC to be a levelheaded and realistic member.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12:58 PM - 06/19/14 »
What hardware are you interested in?

Any and all unsupported hardware.

Currently the only hardware for me is:
* mionix naos 7000

But i know the g602 is also having issues, and i'm sure there are other members that would be willing to ship their equipment to the XIM team to get support.

For me the reasoning is simple, I now have a mionix naos 7000 and it's just sitting on my desk.  I won't use it until support is added for the keystroke functionality.  When this was the same for my g700s I had both mice just sitting in a box.  I don't know how often this would happen, but I imagine that it would be cheaper than the XIM team having to order these products.

I suppose we can submit USB traces like we did earlier if that's all that is needed, but if like in the case of the g602 the XIM team requires the physical antenna.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:08 PM - 06/19/14 »

Hurm, how can I make this more specific? I definitely didn't mean to come across as demanding Development Equipment.  More importantly, this is more of a suggestion or a request.  If the XIM team is willing to do this, so am I.  I assume other users might as well be willing to mail equipment to get functionality added.

Offline mcdonamw

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 01:26 PM - 06/19/14 »
Didn't take it as such (demanding). I was merely commenting how your first post could have been taken two different ways and I thought OBsIV took it the first way I did, that you wanted DEV hardware to test with.
XIM Apex | Xbox Series X | HyperX Alloy Origins 60 | Razer Basilisk V3 | Artisan Ninja FX Hayate OTSU

Offline slayersteve

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: x SLAYER Steve
« Reply #7 on: 01:04 AM - 06/20/14 »
Yeah. That confused me on my initial read as well. :)
Hell, I'll send in my G602 if it will cut Dev time too.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02:01 PM - 06/24/14 »
I was considering posting a similar question just yesterday, because...

Due to some issues with my hands, I need to use small mice, and the best-sized/shaped genuine gaming mouse I could find is the CM Storm Spawn, which is on the "not working" list, alas.

I, too, would be happy to send this mouse to XIM HQ, paying for shipping both ways myself, if it might contribute to a (slightly) expanded "working" list.  (Possibly including the nearly-identical CM Xornet.)

And yes, I also understand that it might not produce results, but I'm happy to gamble that it might.

Offline Aiken_Drum

• Support Staff
  • MVP
  • You talkin' to me?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02:37 PM - 06/24/14 »
I also have a Razer Hydra if that's interesting.  I know OBsIV did some work with a prototype motion controller a while back.