XIM Community

Hearing great things but... acceleration? auto aim? target auto-lock on?  (Read 1902 times)

Offline IceWilly

• View Profile
Everyone's support here has made me a believer and I have my hand on the buy button.

But realistically, are their any downsides?

From an mental standpoint...
It seems that this device is almost too good and basically unlevels the playing field so much that its overkill?  I am all for asserting dominance, but being a seasoned CS/Quake player myself... am I going to be so good that it takes out the fun?

Are their any nuances that haven't been mentioned that people can share? Things you wouldn't consider until you had the device in front of you and were playing?

All in all, i am delighted to have found this site and this application... especially after XFPS was such a let down.

Thanks and keep up the good work!
« Last Edit: 04:58 PM - 10/23/09 by IceWilly »

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearing great things... but are there any downsides?
« Reply #1 on: 03:25 PM - 10/23/09 »
Everyone's support here has made me a believer and I have my hand on the buy button.

But realistically, are their any downsides?

From an mental standpoint...
It seems that this device is almost too good and basically unlevels the playing field so much that its overkill?  I am all for asserting dominance, but being a seasoned CS/Quake player myself... am I going to be so good that it takes out the fun?

Are their any nuances that haven't been mentioned that people can share? Things you wouldn't consider until you had the device in front of you and were playing?

All in all, i am delighted to have found this site and this application... especially after XFPS was such a let down.

Thanks and keep up the good work!

I would have to say NO!! it will not unlevel the playing fields so much that it wouldn't be enjoyable...

Remember your playing console with all sorts of aim bot features involved,
Next time you get killed by a grenade watch the kill cam 9/10 the grenade will seem to turn from it original trajectory and curve towards you then B00M!!

Also i may be wrong here but spray and pay isn't that bad on games like COD4 meaning you can shoot and hit your target while ADS, then turn away while jumping to cover flick back and spray and get really lucky? (in other words spray because it does pay :D) i know players on pad who can do this... i don't know if the game is kinda helping the player by just giving them the kill? o.0

That last part probably sounds like BS

But all i know is i play PC & PS3(with xim1) atm. And i dont see curving grenades on my PC kill cam (if i ever play pub! which i rarely do!) Or "As many" random spray kills :S

I more than likely haven't explained my self properly there but its late and that all i can afford :D
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline IceWilly

• View Profile
Re: Hearing great things... but are there any downsides?
« Reply #2 on: 04:48 PM - 10/23/09 »
lets take CoD4 for example.

How does the lock on feature, or acceleration feature of aiming with the thumbstick translate into mouse movements. Will it be auto correcting for me when I don't want it to?

Offline SkippyFX

• "give me something i cant do, and ill do it"
    • View Profile
Willy IF this is what your asking then yes... Cod4 does have a lock on system just helps your aim out a lil.. Yet it can be extremely annoying when to ppl are crossing you and your game wants to go left but you want to go right really @#$% you up.

But!!!! you can turn off the acceleration feature via sum USB to PC device allows you to edit your controls and sensitivity stuff like that. Sum you can do in game but not the acceleration feature AKA Lock on. That must be done with sum USB to PC device if someone can elaborate on that it would be sweet.

Oh btw auto lock on is in game settings XiM360 had nothing to do with it.

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Willy IF this is what your asking then yes... Cod4 does have a lock on system just helps your aim out a lil.. Yet it can be extremely annoying when to ppl are crossing you and your game wants to go left but you want to go right really @#$% you up.

But!!!! you can turn off the acceleration feature via sum USB to PC device allows you to edit your controls and sensitivity stuff like that. Sum you can do in game but not the acceleration feature AKA Lock on. That must be done with sum USB to PC device if someone can elaborate on that it would be sweet.

Oh btw auto lock on is in game settings XiM360 had nothing to do with it.

1st of all What SkippyFX??

There is a twitch on you cross hair when an enemy crosses through them... But honestly its not very noticeable if you play a fast game ( COD4 is a fast game and i expect MW2 to be the same ) then you cant really tell.

Acceleration is there for the control pad "the further you push your thumb stick in any direction the faster it will go until it reaches the maximum speed setting in the options menu" I don't know what SkippyFX meant but i think he has the wrong idea? <3

In COD4 the xim works really well BUT being a css play as you are! i know how much you guys strive to make sure there is absolutly NO accelaration in game. You might notice it alot at first BUT this is like anything you will soon forget about it. With the right Cfg you can have all the speed and pin point accuracy you want "with the right amount of tweaking :D"

Basically the only diffence from xim to PC for me are these:

1, Frame rate (i play COD4 pc at 250fps) Console its locked at 60fps so for me when playing with a keyboard and mouse its noticeable (but thats personal prefrence ^^)

2, Accelaration ( And the more you play the less you notice and you'll get better everyday )

3, There isnt a 3rd option & maybe thats a problem? Jus Kidding xD
« Last Edit: 09:02 PM - 10/23/09 by flowzilla »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline NinjaX2

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xaanit
THe lock on in COD 4 console is extremely noticeable...ecspecially up close.

I do not mind too much, it only helps....

Unless you are down an alley, shooting at a guy across the way, and some dude runs by the alley and pulls your xhair with him, as this happens quite often.

In the end though, none of this has anything to do with the 360, but with the games mechanics.

Fact is, if you are more used to playing with mouse and keyboard, than you are with a gamepad....the xim is your answer.

Just understand that even with a xim..there are some kids on XBL that will smoke you with a controller...just the way it is.

Offline IceWilly

• View Profile
I will be more than happy to get beat by anyone on XBL. I want to have competition, I just want to control it how I am used to.  I do alright on the controller as it is, I can score pretty well.

Its really just those times when I see a guy across the map and I can't dial in exactly on him with the joysticks. Then he shoots me because he has a sniper rifle.   Those case's i am like, @#$% i could have killed him 3 seconds ago with a mouse.

Up close may not be the end of the world, Surely i would be quicker to turn with a mouse and I could deal with the lock on it that I assume.

I'm still not sure, its just so much $.  I suppose I could buy it and try it out, and return/restock if it wasn't what I wanted. I gotta move quick either way though. Need to have it up and running before CoD4:MW2

Offline Riseing

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • My clan site
Buy it, I have bought 2 of em. They are amazing.
Help me in my quest to get tweak positive rep.
http://www.ximmers.com/forum/index.php
Go there for macros and such.

Admin