XIM Community

Mouse scroll wheel to button mod / hack  (Read 4939 times)

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Mouse scroll wheel to button mod / hack
« Reply #15 on: 04:37 AM - 06/16/14 »
I've seen this mod done before over @ geekhack.

--< digging up old favorite's to see if I can find the actual page.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #16 on: 12:10 PM - 06/16/14 »
What about on certain logitech mice where you can disable the click?  That wheel then spins for days, but then again, it's a little too easy to accidentally cause it to spin...

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:21 PM - 06/16/14 »
Yeah thatís click click click, not a click hold.
Crusade atm: none

Offline gduck24

• View Profile
    • Make Mod Hack
  • Gamertag: grayskuii
« Reply #18 on: 03:50 PM - 06/16/14 »
What about on certain logitech mice where you can disable the click?  That wheel then spins for days, but then again, it's a little too easy to accidentally cause it to spin...
g502 freespins and it activates really easy so thats a no go.  It free spins so well that I am guessing it is an optical wheel?  This might make mechanically changing it hard to do.

I've seen this mod done before over @ geekhack.

--< digging up old favorite's to see if I can find the actual page.

That would be great if you could find it.  I have exhausted my google powers with no solutions. 

I gotta quit welding in flip flops...

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03:49 AM - 06/17/14 »
How many side buttons does your mouse have?  if the objective is to not compromise aiming, movement, firing then I would upgrade to a mouse with more buttons.  I've had no problem with the three buttons on the side of my G500 and the sensitivity up/down buttons. 

I have, however, had to split D-pad weapon selection (Gears, Borderlands, Half-life) between scroll up/down and Q/F because for whatever reason side scroll with the XIM3 fails to reliably cause actions in-game to occur even though the XIM screen shows the binding animation. 

Offline gduck24

• View Profile
    • Make Mod Hack
« Reply #20 on: 12:36 PM - 06/17/14 »
I have the g502 so I have plenty of buttons.  I was just trying to avoid using 2 buttons for one function.  X and Y just happen to be on my scroll wheel, and also happen to be use and pickup on the game.  So its probably limited to BF4. 

My side scroll did not work well as long as the mouse buttons are lpan and rpan.  I had to change them to keyboard presses and now they work.  This is a known issue and obsiv commented on it somewhere around here.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04:23 AM - 06/18/14 »
Huh, I'll have to see if that helps with my mouse.  It wasn't an issue till the very last firmware update (2012?), and it seems like it causes the in-game action to occur about 10% of the time. 

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04:54 AM - 06/18/14 »
Alright, so I guess they split the gaming mice off of setpoint into Logitech Gaming Software.  Would setting a button to "unassigned" be the same as Generic in the old SetPoint (like how you got the DPI buttons to function as normal buttons?  In the software it removes the Left Scroll and Right Scroll tags when I unassign them.  I'll fire up Borderlands 2 and see if it works. 

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 05:24 AM - 06/18/14 »
Ugh.  Major problem.  The Logitech Gaming Software will no longer allow us to assign Aux to any button on mice.  Someone else posted an issue on the G500s of not being able to map functions to the DPI buttons, and my guess is this is why.  Luckily mine are set to Aux4 and Aux5, and I wont dare see if they will still work if I assign them to something like Volume up.  The side scroll works for weapon selection now, but sometimes I have to hold it for a second.  I'm going to see if I can dig up the last version of Setpoint that worked with the G500. 

If not, hopefully there will be a fix on the XIM4 side of things in the future to allow weirdly named assignments like volume up/down, play, stop, etc. to be recognized and mapped. 

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 09:04 AM - 06/18/14 »
Assign characters or numbers?
Crusade atm: none

Offline gduck24

• View Profile
    • Make Mod Hack
« Reply #25 on: 03:03 PM - 06/18/14 »
LGS lets me set any button to a keystroke.  Thats all you need for lpan and rpan.  The aux buttons you have from the set point should be able to be replaced with keystrokes as well.  There is some german site somewhere that has all the versions of setpoint software.  Just have to do some googlin.