XIM Community

Destiny Alpha [PS4]  (Read 7479 times)

Offline kmarcum2012

• View Profile
Destiny Alpha [PS4]
« on: 08:53 PM - 06/11/14 »
Did anyone apply for the alpha happening this weekend? If so, apparently you are guaranteed a spot. http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/27xf19/alpha_for_everyone_who_signs_up_on_greatness/

Can anyone who plays it check and see if the XIM is responsive enough? I know the final product should be running at 1080p 30 fps, but not sure about the alpha. I know I have had issues with responsiveness for sub 30 fps games and doesn't handle as smooth as a 60 fps games. So if anyone could try it out and let me know it would be much appreciated.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
Re: Destiny Alpha [PS4]
« Reply #1 on: 08:59 PM - 06/11/14 »
Which game are you having responsiveness issues with?
Get the most out of your XIM APEX, read the XIM APEX Support FAQ.

Offline kmarcum2012

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:14 PM - 06/11/14 »
I know it's nothing that the XIM can prevent, but games such as Borderlands 2, Watch Dogs, and imo the worst offender Mass Effect 3. Those are just 3 games where the aiming lags behind quite a bit and seems pointless to use a XIM as opposed to a controller. Halo 4 was manageable but after being spoiled by how responsive COD is and the max turn speed, it's hard to not want that for every game.

I just want to know if the responsiveness is bad enough that I should be honing in on my controller skills while I wait for the release. This is a game I am definitely psyched for and can't wait to get my hands on.

Offline GuNStArHeRo

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • Subscribe
  • Gamertag: x GuNStArHeRo
  • PSN ID: GuNStAr-HeRo-
« Reply #3 on: 06:01 AM - 06/12/14 »
I know it's nothing that the XIM can prevent, but games such as Borderlands 2, Watch Dogs, and imo the worst offender Mass Effect 3. Those are just 3 games where the aiming lags behind quite a bit and seems pointless to use a XIM as opposed to a controller. Halo 4 was manageable but after being spoiled by how responsive COD is and the max turn speed, it's hard to not want that for every game.

Buddy Borderland 2 works more than fine with XIM. Watch_Dods work fine for me and Mass Effects is ok. I do agree that CoD is one of the best game to work with XIM.
XIM: 3/Edge/4/Apex | Titan: One/Two | XiM Link | PC: i7700k 1080ti ftw3 | M: Console: G502 - PC: fianlnouse Cape Town UL2 | KB: by the day and mood (60% to 65%) | Mouse Pad: by the day and mood (X-Large) | Audio/Mic: GoXLR | PC Mic: Shure SM7B | Monitor: 24" BenQ Zowie xl2436

Offline SooSpicey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SooSpicey
« Reply #4 on: 08:07 AM - 06/12/14 »
i signed up with all 3 of my psn accounts!!! :P

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 08:51 AM - 06/12/14 »
I thought Destiny's fps was supposed to be 60fps..

Now look what you made me go do.. Now i'm going have to use goolge and stuff meh.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Web-head

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Spidey
« Reply #6 on: 09:18 AM - 06/12/14 »
Bungie has said that they are targeting 1080p and 30fps for Xbone, and that they think they will make it now that the extra resources have been freed in the new dev kits.  No official statement of what they are targeting for PS4 yet.

Was reported on GameSpot yesterday.

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10:42 AM - 06/12/14 »
1080p and 30fps is confirmed for a while ago on PS4 for those still wondering, the beta will run that too on the PS4 bungie said
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10:46 AM - 06/12/14 »
Must have cost M$ a fortune.
Crusade atm: none

Offline kmarcum2012

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11:07 AM - 06/12/14 »

Buddy Borderland 2 works more than fine with XIM. Watch_Dods work fine for me and Mass Effects is ok. I do agree that CoD is one of the best game to work with XIM.

Pal :), I assume you haven't played any of those games on PC. If so, you would know what I'm talking about. Mass Effect 3 was just unplayable with the XIM and I just got used to using the controller. Borderlands 2 was manageable but not even close to the responsiveness of the PC version. I'm also a high sensitivity mouse player which just doesn't work in games that have even the slightest lack of responsiveness.

Offline kmarcum2012

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11:08 AM - 06/12/14 »

If you have a XIM4E, could you please test it out and see if it's manageable?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11:27 AM - 06/12/14 »

lol. The Division is targeting 30fps too. Sad times.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline SooSpicey

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: SooSpicey
« Reply #12 on: 11:44 AM - 06/12/14 »

yes i can give my impressions, but it will be kinda hard to determine if its manageable with the xim4e without a smart translator

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11:54 AM - 06/12/14 »

lol. The Division is targeting 30fps too. Sad times.

Welcome to 2012..

Who can deny the god that is carmack!
Kneel puny humans!

Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline kmarcum2012

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02:20 PM - 06/12/14 »

yes i can give my impressions, but it will be kinda hard to determine if its manageable with the xim4e without a smart translator

Agreed. I'm mostly worried about whether the mouse movement is responsive enough. Since this will be a game that I play competitively, I'd like to know if it's bearable from that standpoint. Thanks!

Admin