XIM Community

AH-MAH-GAWD the Master Chief Collection  (Read 3260 times)

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
Re: AH-MAH-GAWD the Master Chief Collection
« Reply #30 on: 02:38 PM - 06/11/14 »
The way I understand it, you can choose to play only one "style" of multiplayer. I'm not sure exactly how that effects the maps, but if you're playing the Halo:CE style you won't be seeing any BR's or armor abilities or any other mechanics from the other games.

Thank God I'll finally be able to play a halo game online without my crosshair in the lower third of the screen. Holy crap that drives me nuts! Also, 3sk pistol. My life will be complete.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
« Reply #31 on: 08:49 PM - 06/11/14 »
Thank God I'll finally be able to play a halo game online without my crosshair in the lower third of the screen. Holy crap that drives me nuts!

huh?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09:55 PM - 06/11/14 »
In Halo your crosshair isn't centered on your screen, it's slightly below center. I guess it wasn't like this in Halo 1? I never really noticed it until someone pointed it out.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 10:00 PM - 06/11/14 »
Correct, Mist. In CE the crosshair was centered. After, I dunno, 1,000 hours of playing that way I pop in Halo 2 on launch night and immediately think my TV is broken or something. It all just looks wrong. 10 years later it still looks wrong, haha.

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 10:27 PM - 06/11/14 »
Never noticed it either, and I've probably logged more hours across each Halo than anyone else on this site, more than likely.  I was at about 110,000 matches in Halo 2 between Live and customs...  because I wasn't in college yet, Lol.

I am really hoping they at least update the multiplayer textures on 1 and 2.  Not re-skinning, because that would create a lot of problems if done like the Anniversary campaign.  I encountered soooo many invisible walls because the game still ran off the original geometry, and sometimes I would think I was behind cover but a Plasma would fly through it.  Imagine that happening in multiplayer.

I don't see any reason they couldn't at least update the textures.  12-year-old me figured out how to do that to maps on CE PC...

Before this title launches, I'm going to boot up Halo 1 and figure out how to grenade launch power weapons to myself off the spawns like I did in the PC days.  People like me, veterans of the first two installments, are going to have a HUGE advantage online in the first couple of months in Halo 1 and 2.  I'll have to practice quad-shots in Halo 2 as well.  Never done them on a M/KB... unless someone can figure out how to Macro the Xim4 ;D ;D ;D (probably highly frowned upon)

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 06:10 AM - 06/12/14 »
by the way guys, dont you have mixed feelings about Halo CE with a proper netcode?
i always thought thats what makes Halo CE special, the need to know where your opponent will be next in order to land your hit
also it looked kind of like art when doing a perfectly pre-aimed 3sk :)
having not to pre-lead might make the game too simple and easy, especially with aim assistant

(i cant believe i post a video of that benja-douche now but he used some slo-mo to see it better)

PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 06:19 AM - 06/12/14 »
You had shot-leading in Halo 3, and that only sucked over live if the host had a McDonalds connection.  The shot leading on CE (PC) also mostly worked fine when done PvP. 

This time around we have dedicated servers, and they have stated that all four installments will play exactly as when they faded into glory. 

An added bonus for us is that shot leading over distances essentially negates the benefits of sticky aiming because you are no longer aiming directly at the target. 

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 06:44 AM - 06/12/14 »
but the thing is Frank said in an E3 interview that Halo CE will have a fixed netcode, so no pre-aim
and on distance there also can be aim assistant, eg BF4 has aim assistant when you have to pre-aim on longer targets for the bullet travel :/
it might not be sticky aim then but aim assistant still is doable
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 07:54 PM - 06/12/14 »
Now I've heard that there will be 97 total maps:  91 original, including PC maps, and six freshly reskinned Halo 2 maps.  I don't see why they wouldn't add the PC maps.  They were awesome.  They already remade Timberland, aka "Ridgeland" for Reach.  I wonder if Halo 1 will have the flamethrower. 

internet y u no corroborate info?