XIM Community

AH-MAH-GAWD the Master Chief Collection  (Read 3221 times)

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: KodRaiN
AH-MAH-GAWD the Master Chief Collection
« on: 04:04 AM - 06/10/14 »
Easily the best part of the M$ E3 press conference, in probably the majority opinion based off the buzz on the internet.  Here are the basics based off what was briefly mentioned and some extra things I've been able to logically infer from what has been stated:

-Remastered campaigns of Halo 1 and 2.  For sure they are adding fresh paint to Halo 2's campaign, but I am still wondering if they are updating Halo 1's textures from the anniversary remake released in November 2011, or just including that overhaul. 

-Halo 3 and 4 campaigns and multiplayers.  At this point it sounds like both those games will be left unaltered with the exception of user interfaces and the matchmaking systems.  Since the MC Collection comes on one disc, ALL content unlocked, loading a mission/multiplayer map also loads the respective game's engine.  This means campaign and multiplayer playlists that jump between the four installments. 

-Over 100 multiplayer maps.  OK, so when you look into that number, and break that down across four installments, this means EVERY official map from each game.  Here's the list of official maps for each game:
__Halo: CE_ (Xbox) 13 maps:  Battle Creek, Blood Gulch, Boarding Action, Chill Out, Chiron TL-34, Damnation, Derelict, Hang 'EM High, Longest, Prisoner, Rat Race, Sidewinder, and Wizard. 
__Halo: CE_ (PC) 6 maps:  Danger Canyon, Death Island, Gephyrophobia, Ice Fields, Infinity, Timberland. 
__Halo 2_ (Xbox) 23 Maps:  Ascension, Backwash, Beaver Creek, Burial Mounds, Coagulation, Colossus, Containment, Desolation, Elongation, Foundation, Gemini, Headlong, Ivory Tower, Lockout, Midship, Relic, Sanctuary, Terminal, Tombstone, Turf, Warlock, Waterworks, and Zanzibar. 
__Halo 2_ (Vista) 2 maps:  District, Uplift.
__Halo 3_ 23 maps:  Assembly, Avalanche, Blackout, Citadel, Cold Storage, Construct, Epitaph, Foundry, Ghost Town, Guardian, Heretic, High Ground, Last Resort, Longshore, Narrows, Orbital, Rat's Nest, Sandbox, Sandtrap, Snowbound, Standoff, The Pit, and Valhalla. 
__Halo 4_ 24 maps: Abandon, Adrift, Complex, Daybreak, Erosion, Exile, Harvest, Haven, Impact, Landfall, Longbow, Meltdown, Monolith, Outcast, Perdition, Pitfall, Ragnarok, Ravine, Shatter, Skyline, Solace, Vertigo, Vortex, and Wreckage.

Oddly, that only brings us to a total of 91 maps, and that would be assuming they remake/add in every map from Halos 1-4, even the remakes of, uh, remakes? Dawg?  My only other theory is that by "Maps," 343 is referring to both campaign and multiplayer levels.  At an average of 10 levels per Halo, that would be 40 of the 100 maps, so a lot of the lesser-known maps might not make the cut. 

Another thing that has me curious is that I've read on a few articles that only six of the Halo 2 maps are getting a fresh coat of paint.  I don't know how accurate of a statement that is, but maybe there will only be six Halo 2 maps?  Who knows.  At this point it would be safe to assume that each Halo will have a full campaign and at least a few of the better-known maps running on the original engine.  I hope that includes Halo 1, whether or not they have fresh textures and skyboxes. 

Also mentioned on a few different articles was that each game will have their old glitches intact.  I really don't know the validity of that information, but it could be a good or a bad thing.  If this includes the campaign, the speed-running community will be very happy.  If it includes the multiplayer (exiting nearly every CE level, H2 double/quad shot/BXR, and superbounces) it could make a few of the hardcore people happy, but would be more than likely leave a sour taste in the mouths of people used to more recent titles with fewer blatant glitches/exploits. 

-4000 gamerscore.  I'm stoked about this because I have nearly every achievement for the halo games save for Halo Wars, Vista, and one in Halo 4.  Hopefully they don't add in too many lame ones like that Mantis stomp one in Halo 4...

-Halo 5 beta access. 

-Halo Nightfall.  Digital live-action by Ridley Scott, expanding the Halo universe.  Forward Unto Dawn was decent given its budget.  Let's see what Mr. Scott can do. 

All this is available November 14th on the Xbox One for only $60.  I'm pretty stoked about this and I am interested in what the rest of you think about it.   

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
Re: AH-MAH-GAWD the Master Chief Collection
« Reply #1 on: 04:26 AM - 06/10/14 »
Good job they dropped the price of the X1..
Man i didn't want to own two systems the GEN! FU Microsoft.....
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:34 AM - 06/10/14 »
Great source of info on this:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2014/06/09/new-halo-master-chief-collection-info-and-gameplay-e3-2014

again, sounds like EVERY MP map  Every console map that ever shipped (so no Halo PC or Vista exclusive maps), and 6 re-imagined halo 2 maps... playing slightly different than the originals?  huh.  Still wondering where they're getting "100 maps" from.  Must include campaign missions, then. 

Also, oh em gee, forge on halo 2 through 4. 
« Last Edit: 04:40 AM - 06/10/14 by KodRaiN »

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 06:10 AM - 06/10/14 »

Same
Going for a halo bundle with 399 if possible
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 06:16 AM - 06/10/14 »

Same
Going for a halo bundle with 399 if possible

For sure, but i want the WHITE PS4 Destiny bundle as well looool ;/
I now wish i held out buying current Gen until this E3 was over.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline tuffrabit

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #5 on: 07:24 AM - 06/10/14 »
That's a good deal.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline R3MiX

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: KAMPR-
« Reply #6 on: 08:04 AM - 06/10/14 »
Oh-muthafawkin-em-gee !!!
XiM3R since ever since.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09:09 AM - 06/10/14 »
wait thats 100 maps in one game??

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09:15 AM - 06/10/14 »
its 91 or so, they said itll be 100 though so dunno what other stuff they pack in
personally im all in for the Halo CE playlist, not going to touch the other crap ;)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline Ryoga

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09:22 AM - 06/10/14 »
Probably some of the MLG made/Bungie approved user generated maps...

Offline KodRaiN

• MVP
  • Code Reign
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 10:05 AM - 06/10/14 »
Probably some of the MLG made/Bungie approved user generated maps...

I would be all for some official remakes of some of those forge maps.  Onslaught and such from halo 3?...

Offline Winnnie

• MVP
  • The 'Pished' Brit
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 10:51 AM - 06/10/14 »
I would! That's all I'm saying towards the xbone points! XD
UK TEAM XIM STREAMER.

Live on Mon//Weds//Fri//Sun
Winnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnie

Offline jackel1060

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jackel 1060
« Reply #12 on: 11:26 AM - 06/10/14 »
The interview of the 343 guys was informative. I've posted screenshots from the multiplayer menu's where you can see how it looks:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/lvxrucqlswgoyg4/AAAagpu-8grclblGOc0On392a

Offline Xpl0iter

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Xpl0iter
« Reply #13 on: 07:10 PM - 06/10/14 »
I can't forget that feeling where every one would rush for that bazooka and sniper in blood gulch...

Back in the days, i used to have a pc so bad (HALO CE on PC) that when ever i joined the game, i announced that if any one didn't wish to die needlessly, they should stay away from the invisibility shield.

My card wouldn't be able to render the invis, and their entire body would become a white blur for me.
Sniper being my main weapon and all..

Well, needless to say, the ones who decided to ignore my warning had a high velocity headed their way.

Offline The Pfhor

• MVP
  • "The Master of Unlocking."
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Pfhor
  • PSN ID: Jjaro
« Reply #14 on: 07:53 PM - 06/10/14 »
What's going to be crazy for us XIM users, it that since it has all four game engines built-in, we are likely going to have to switch up our STs EVERY match depending on what map is going to be played. I guess not really that big of a deal with the new XIM4 interface though. That is unless they make it so each game has the same control mechanics, which would be nice. I suppose we will find out when the game launches.
« Last Edit: 08:02 PM - 06/10/14 by The Pfhor »
USN: OS1 (SW/AW)
Steam ID: thothjjaro
Mouse: Logitech G502
Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 w/ Cherry MX Red