XIM Community

Xim4's Competitive Edge May Not Only Be Based on Performance  (Read 4947 times)

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wintersxxx868
  • PSN ID: Wintersx866
We have all known that Xim4 will not be a downer in terms of performance.  Oddly it has occurred to me as well that Xim4, alongside its performance, might also be the most cost effective KB/M device to come out to date (if the price is right).

Let us take a look at the current KB/M models on the market. 

We have Tuact Venom X and CronusMax

Tuact's Venom X is currently listed at $150 ish on most of their distributor's websites.  It comes with the transceiver box, mouse, wand, a usb, and a mouse pad.  This package seems complete yet they completely forgot (quite stupidly I might add) to add a micro usb for controller connection... (that's besides the point)  However, the Venom X is a complete package.

CronusMax just comes with... well CronusMax lol  It retains for around $59.99 on amazon consistently and can be found for cheaper.

What both these systems lack is sheer performance but for the price tags they offer, they seem decent with of course CronusMax offering the worst performance out of the two. 

HOWEVER, If even Xim4 releases ANYWHERE below the price of $110, it beats the price point AND performance of BOTH systems.  Even though Xim4 doesn't come with a mouse, the logitech G500 can be had on amazon for as little as $29.99 and a Sony Nav, as little as $5.00 from Best Buy or even a cheapo keyboard from amazon at $11.  This puts Xim4 at a total cost of $145 to $151 and gives you a massive advantage over Venom X and CronusMax. 

You might ask how does it beat out CronusMax?  Well CronusMax actually requires a PC to be hooked up to for it to even work and if you don't have a laptop or any computer that's remotely close to your display, you're SOL. 

So the final verdict:

Tuact Venom X - $150

CronusMax - $59.99 baseprice + $29.99 mouse + $11 keyboard + $laptop + $hassle??? = ????

Xim4 - $145 - $151 (based on the guesstimated $110 price NOT OFFICIAL)

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
Cronus Max= $60
Venom X= $150
Price of NOT wanting to smash your cheaper turd alternatives and being thankful of your xim4= priceless
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline oOmantisOo

• View Profile
JUST TAKE MY MONEY!

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
So the final verdict:

Tuact Venom X - $150

CronusMax - $59.99 baseprice + $29.99 mouse + $11 keyboard + $laptop + $hassle??? = ????

Your logic makes no sense.

Its more like:

CronusMax - $59.99 baseprice + $59.99 mouse + $11 keyboard + laptop??
XIM - $110 baseprice +$59.99 mouse +$11 keyboard +smartphone or laptop??

XIM is not cheaper. Its just better. If you've learned anything from these forums you would realize that these group of guys love to spend money on their setups- as long as its better people will pay a premium for it

Offline Threewheels

• MVP
    • View Profile

XIM is not cheaper. Its just better. If you've learned anything from these forums you would realize that these group of guys love to spend money on their setups- as long as its better people will pay a premium for it

Dale has a point.  People happily paid $150 for a XIM3, and the XIM2 was upwards of $200.  Both products sold well because they worked well.  Whatever price XIM4 is released at, it will be a bargain.

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
So the final verdict:

Tuact Venom X - $150

Its more like:

No No Dale I think you missed my point on CronusMax requiring a laptop.  The computer NEEDS to be really close to CronusMax for the connection to be made as it has to be plugged in for authentication while plugged into your console.  Xim4 needs a computer too and a smartphone if you choose but isn't tethered or restricted by distance was the point.

Also Dale and ThreeWheels the main idea behind the thread was not ONLY does Xim4 have an advantage with performance, it also, this time around, has an advantage with its price range to the consumer

In regards to your $59.99 mouse, the point I was trying to make there was that a Logitech G500 isn't bad, and can be used as a base model mouse which is FAR better than the Venom X mouse.  Of course the user is free to choose whatever mouse they wish to use as I use a Logitech G502, but I was simply making a base model price. 
« Last Edit: 09:07 AM - 06/03/14 by wintersxxx868 »

Offline facade

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: xi scion ix
  • PSN ID: SeneschalGrigori

No No Dale I think you missed my point on CronusMax requiring a laptop.  The computer NEEDS to be really close to CronusMax for the connection to be made as it has to be plugged in for authentication while plugged into your console.  Xim4 needs a computer too and a smartphone if you choose but isn't tethered or restricted by distance was the point.

Maybe for PS4 but it does not require that for XB1.

However I have to agree with Dale that you don't factor in Kb/M  for CM but then ignore the fact that you will be buying one (or have one) for the XIM.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
So the final verdict:

Tuact Venom X - $150

Its more like:

Also Dale and ThreeWheels the main idea behind the thread was not ONLY does Xim4 have an advantage with performance, it also, this time around, has an advantage with its price range to the consumer

In regards to your $59.99 mouse, the point I was trying to make there was that a Logitech G500 isn't bad, and can be used as a base model mouse which is FAR better than the Venom X mouse.  Of course the user is free to choose whatever mouse they wish to use as I use a Logitech G502, but I was simply making a base model price. 
Needs to be plugged in for PS4?? Cause Im using one right now for XB1 and I never plug it into my PC.

Offline RML

• MVP
  • AKA "KO" - PUBG Shield [ON]
    • View Profile
This is a decent thread for noobs, trying to compare price and such. I remember my first purchase was a Tuact product many moons ago. I bought it because I'd never used an input adapter and wanted the "all inclusive" package, I.E. mouse and wand. Of course looking back now I know that was a mistake, for many, MANY reasons. But when you watch reviews on things like Youtube and such, they're typically very misleading. Thats where I was fooled into believeing that all the adapters out there are basically of equal quality. It's BS I tell you!

However, for those of us that have been around awhile, we would glady pay 2x's as much for XIM then anything else. Hell at this point I would pay practically anything OBs asked, I'm hooked and my Consoles are complete garbage without my XIM now. My only other option at this point is to move on to PC gaming which I prefer not to do because my friends and relatives are on console. But, I would never go back to Tuact or CM, I would never be happy with that level of quality again at this point. PC would be the only answer.

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile

However I have to agree with Dale that you don't factor in Kb/M  for CM but then ignore the fact that you will be buying one (or have one) for the XIM.
Most likely there was a patch because previously you actually needed to have it hooked up to a PC.

Also facade, read the original post, the prices are factored in there. 

Seriously, EVERYBODY ON HERE IS MISSING THE POINT.

The point is, when it comes to simple economics, it DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH SOME people are willing to pay.  Not everybody is fortunate enough to purchase things that cost $150 for a mouse and keyboard converter if all they have to spend is $100 or so. 

What I'm trying to say is that as of now, NOT ONLY is Xim4 THE BEST PERFORMING OPTION BUT ALSO THE BEST BARGAIN FOR YOUR MONEY. 

This is why car companies make trim levels and certain models. 

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile

Most likely there was a patch because previously you actually needed to have it hooked up to a PC.

Also facade, read the original post, the prices are factored in there. 

Seriously, EVERYBODY ON HERE IS MISSING THE POINT.

The point is, when it comes to simple economics, it DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH SOME people are willing to pay.  Not everybody is fortunate enough to purchase things that cost $150 for a mouse and keyboard converter if all they have to spend is $100 or so. 

What I'm trying to say is that as of now, NOT ONLY is Xim4 THE BEST PERFORMING OPTION BUT ALSO THE BEST BARGAIN FOR YOUR MONEY. 
I bought mine in December and havent plugged it into my PC since.

Your wrong. XIM is a better / more expensive option.... And that's okay.... because when you factor in performance it is a bargain.

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
I agree with you that CronusMax doesn't need a PC and is the cheapest option. 

However, Xim4 has the ability to also be the most economical for those in search of a amazingly working KB/M converter.

I just want people to understand that if money is an issue to PLEASE WAIT and hold on other KB/M converters.

Also the Xim4 might be the cheaper option in some cases as well
« Last Edit: 11:19 AM - 06/03/14 by wintersxxx868 »

Offline Riexn

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Riexn
  • PSN ID: Riexn
Well, you get what you pay for..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Xim4's Competitive Edge May Not Only Be Based on Performance... but because of its community!
Crusade atm: none

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
The point is, when it comes to simple economics, it DOESN'T MATTER HOW MUCH SOME people are willing to pay. 

Actually, when it comes to simple economics, that's all that matters, so long as the quantity represented by "some" is sufficient enough to produce the intended ROI.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic