XIM Community

OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!  (Read 58820 times)

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
Re: OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!
« Reply #30 on: 09:55 AM - 05/27/14 »
Why have a development blog if you're not going to keep it updated.  There are many anxious customers who are unnecessarily being kept in the dark.

lolwut?

Just because he hasn't posted major blog entries doesn't mean anyone is in the dark. He's answering questions and providing updates on what they're working on fairly regularly on the beta forum.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline solly

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: Solicitor 501
« Reply #31 on: 10:12 AM - 05/27/14 »
Sorry I didnt notice that was your first post , welcome to the forum

rofl   ;D

lolpop posts make every thread entertaining.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #32 on: 11:09 AM - 05/27/14 »
Why have a development blog if you're not going to keep it updated.  There are many anxious customers who are unnecessarily being kept in the dark.

lolwut?

Just because he hasn't posted major blog entries doesn't mean anyone is in the dark. He's answering questions and providing updates on what they're working on fairly regularly on the beta forum.

yeah he is posting on the forum daily with tidbits.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 03:22 PM - 05/27/14 »
It would take literally seconds per week (or even bi-weekly) of OBsIV's time to stop threads like this from ever popping up.  He mentioned that they need to sign off on the prototype and that virtually stopped questions for weeks and gave the forum douche brigade something to reference when questions did pop up. 

Apparently keeping customers (and potential customers) informed is not a priority.  Maybe he gets some sick pleasure in seeing people twist in the wind.  :)
« Last Edit: 03:29 PM - 05/27/14 by Pneumatic »
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #34 on: 03:33 PM - 05/27/14 »
Anyone who thinks OBsIV isn't doing a good job keeping people updated is either literally blind or willfully ignorant.

All you have to do is follow his posts.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 03:41 PM - 05/27/14 »
Anyone who thinks OBsIV isn't doing a good job keeping people updated is either literally blind or willfully ignorant.

I am neither blind, nor ignorant.  I do look in on his posts quite often but since I am not in the beta they don't pertain to me.  He keeps those of you with the XIM4e updated on the progress of the beta quite well.  If he did the same regarding the production of the XIM4 then there would be no issue here and this thread wouldn't exist.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?action=profile;area=showposts;u=8

I have that saved as a bookmark.

Offline seth00

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 05:30 PM - 05/27/14 »
If had heard positive reviews of other products I would have bought something else already at this point I think it will release by fall/winter don't want waste my money on something that will not work well though if it drags on too long I will get whatever splitfish comes out with or this venom x which looks crummy but if it works it's worth it.

You'd just be wasting your money. XIM4 is supposed to be out by the end of June. You've waited this long so you may as well wait another month. The exception could be if you really wanted to play a game that's out now or to be released soon, e.g. Watch Dogs, and you can't play with a controller. But even then it would be a pricy purchase for a game.
Well a month longer doesn't see too bad but will there be enough for everyone

Offline Syko7

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 05:45 PM - 05/27/14 »
When they are done playing with it , they will release it.... its the same with hackers.. when they find an exploit they have fun using the advantage no one else has for awhile ,  then when they are bored they release it to the public.

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #38 on: 05:50 PM - 05/27/14 »
Well a month longer doesn't see too bad but will there be enough for everyone

Yes, there will be over 10,000 in the initial batch. Sign up for the waiting list here;
http://store.xim3.com/XIM4-COMING-SOON_p_13.html
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline monsieuremile

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: EricLeFermier
« Reply #39 on: 05:53 PM - 05/27/14 »

I am neither blind, nor ignorant.  I do look in on his posts quite often but since I am not in the beta they don't pertain to me.  He keeps those of you with the XIM4e updated on the progress of the beta quite well.  If he did the same regarding the production of the XIM4 then there would be no issue here and this thread wouldn't exist.

Hey pneumatic i tough you were satisfied with your venom x
Xbox One X
Xim Apex 1000hz
Mouse: G603 12000 dpi 1000hz
Keyboard: G413
XIM Link 1.3

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 06:09 PM - 05/27/14 »
I am!  I have it dialed in pretty well and have been playing every weekend for the last couple of months.  If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the Venom X when it came out rather than waiting around for the "first quarter" XIM target date to come and go. 

That being said...  I still want to try out a XIM.  I don't really have a dog in the fight so if XIM is better I will say so.  As of now I am happily using my Venom X.  I am waiting to be "wow'd".    :)
« Last Edit: 06:31 PM - 05/27/14 by Pneumatic »

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #41 on: 06:49 PM - 05/27/14 »
"first quarter" XIM target date to come and go.

There was never a first quarter target date.  There isn't a target date even now.  Just hopes on the part of OBsIV and speculation on the part of the community.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #42 on: 06:49 PM - 05/27/14 »
I am!  I have it dialed in pretty well and have been playing every weekend for the last couple of months.  If I had it to do over again, I would have bought the Venom X when it came out rather than waiting around for the "first quarter" XIM target date to come and go. 

That being said...  I still want to try out a XIM.  I don't really have a dog in the fight so if XIM is better I will say so.  As of now I am happily using my Venom X.  I am waiting to be "wow'd".    :)
you'll blow your load when you plug your xim4 In
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #43 on: 07:52 PM - 05/27/14 »

if you are following his posts you'll see he is focused on the XIM 4 firmware.

1. Fixing PS3 support
2. Adding Logitech mice support
3. Cleaning up for the final release

This is the quality you get from them they slave to fix the bugs that others would ignore and call a feature.

forum douche brigade

Interesting wording, I won't take this personally because it's the internet.  I'll continue to answer repeated questions with the same answers as that's the latest information.  If I don't reply to any of your posts it's because I can no longer see them.  Have a good life!

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 09:14 PM - 05/27/14 »
As I said....  " He keeps those of you with the XIM4e updated on the progress of the beta quite well."  I am impressed with the level of beta testing and am sure that it will be a quality product but that's not what this thread is about, is it?  The update being asked for is about the production of XIM4, not the PS3 and Logitech support or the status of the final clean up.

It's all a moot point anyway since you blocked me.  I am deeply and profoundly wounded by this most troubling news.   I will still somehow try to take your advice and "have a good life", though at the moment I don't see how it will be possible.  Farewell my love.