XIM Community

OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!  (Read 58818 times)

Offline sYk

• View Profile
Re: OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!
« Reply #15 on: 10:13 AM - 05/26/14 »
*looks over at my XIM 3 covered in dust* :cries:

Offline RageInvader

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I RageInvader I
« Reply #16 on: 01:10 PM - 05/26/14 »
I concur, the not knowing is what makes folk impatient and make pointless topics.....

If obsiv came on once a week and told us what stage they are at we would be less impatient and excited.
Xbox One   |   XIM4   |   G700s

Offline jimwho

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01:33 PM - 05/26/14 »
Yep, a little can go a long way.
The post was a request to change "coming soon" and "its coming" to something different to give us a sense of progress. It was respectful and meant to be humorous. Not sure why it was shut down.
« Last Edit: 01:41 PM - 05/26/14 by jimwho »

Offline GSUJeeper

• AEKDB
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Jeepers x
« Reply #18 on: 02:30 PM - 05/26/14 »
I don't understand why everyone thinks it's too much to ask to get an update weekly, or bi-weekly, hell, or even monthly.

As active as Obsiv is on these boards, it irks me that he doesn't drop a sentence or two like, "Finished the enclosure today, moving to blah". That would IMMEDIATELY stop these kind of threads that everyone like to hate on.

If you were part of the team, wouldn't you get excited dripping good news to a community that is becoming more and more toxic every day the XIM4 isn't out?

Just my $0.02.
Newbie here!

XIM3
Mouse: CM Storm - Inferno
Gamepad: Belkin N52TE / PS NAV
PLAYSTATION 4
BATTLEFIELD 4
TURTLE BEACH PX5

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #19 on: 02:39 PM - 05/26/14 »
But given the Q1 ETA snafu

There was no snafu, because there was no ETA given.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #20 on: 04:30 PM - 05/26/14 »

That's been explained to him multiple times. You'd think someone broke a blood-oath the way he goes on about it.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 07:19 PM - 05/26/14 »

OBsIV stated "we are currently targeting a XIM4 release of Q1 2014." And then when Q1 passed, OBsIV said, "... the goal was to release it by the end of Q1 2014".  Q1 was the  ETA until April 1 arrived.

So I suppose according to your logic Q2 isn't an ETA either.

Offline seth00

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 08:15 PM - 05/26/14 »
If had heard positive reviews of other products I would have bought something else already at this point I think it will release by fall/winter don't want waste my money on something that will not work well though if it drags on too long I will get whatever splitfish comes out with or this venom x which looks crummy but if it works it's worth it.

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #23 on: 03:13 AM - 05/27/14 »

OBsIV stated "we are currently targeting a XIM4 release of Q1 2014." And then when Q1 passed, OBsIV said, "... the goal was to release it by the end of Q1 2014".  Q1 was the  ETA until April 1 arrived.

Just stop. It's old. We get it, you're jilted. And no one wants to hear about it anymore.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04:48 AM - 05/27/14 »
If had heard positive reviews of other products I would have bought something else already at this point I think it will release by fall/winter don't want waste my money on something that will not work well though if it drags on too long I will get whatever splitfish comes out with or this venom x which looks crummy but if it works it's worth it.

You'd just be wasting your money. XIM4 is supposed to be out by the end of June. You've waited this long so you may as well wait another month. The exception could be if you really wanted to play a game that's out now or to be released soon, e.g. Watch Dogs, and you can't play with a controller. But even then it would be a pricy purchase for a game.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04:57 AM - 05/27/14 »

Just stop. It's old. We get it, you're jilted. And no one wants to hear about it anymore.

Now Rook, you and I both know that's not true so no need to get defensive. I'm probably one of the few members here who really hasn't been impacted by the XIM4 delay. I haven't played an Xbox game for over a year so if you do the math that was way before the next gen consoles were out. I even sold my pre-order of the One on eBay for a nice profit. :)

But that still doesn't mean there wasn't a Q1 ETA and now there's a Q2 ETA.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #26 on: 07:41 AM - 05/27/14 »
OBsIV sharing his internal process goals and hopes does not equal an official ETA.  There's a difference.

XIM4 Anti Aim-assist curve: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31309.msg400143#msg400143
All you ever wanted to know about headsets and chat for the 360: http://www.xim3.com/community/index.php?topic=16461.0

Offline MaXKiLLz

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 07:57 AM - 05/27/14 »
Why have a development blog if you're not going to keep it updated.  There are many anxious customers who are unnecessarily being kept in the dark.

Offline cheesebeater

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 08:11 AM - 05/27/14 »
do people know a beta sub forum even exists? i use that as a meta developer's blog..

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #29 on: 09:40 AM - 05/27/14 »
OBsIV sharing his internal process goals and hopes does not equal an official ETA.  There's a difference.

yeah, OBsIV made this point very clearly.  It wasn't a promised delivery time.  It was a goal, there is a difference because a GOAL is something you want but might not make.  A promise, is beyond an ETA because ETA = ESTIMATED time of arrival.