XIM Community

OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!  (Read 58819 times)

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!
« on: 12:16 AM - 05/25/14 »
not asking for a release date (though it would be nice) just wondering, as we all are, how every thing is going? there hasn't been a progress update in awhile (that I've seen) Is everything signed off now and in full production? how much more is left to do? simple questions really, no need for flaming.
I 'm just a curious kind of guy and like to know how things are going ;D

yeah this is totally gonna attract some hate... respond quick before they block this due to all the abuse! hahaha
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline ps4noob

• View Profile
Re: OBs wanna give us an update? ;D No hate!
« Reply #1 on: 12:55 AM - 05/25/14 »
Yea pretty keen to get update I have been spamming this site for the last two weeks  lol

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01:08 AM - 05/25/14 »
You get no updates because you are both noobs , people such as myself have Obsiv phone number and get to hear about every update first /

Offline ps4noob

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01:12 AM - 05/25/14 »
Can you give us some info then mr important? Thanks in advance

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01:16 AM - 05/25/14 »
That was a joke , it seems that you did not get it . Anyways , do as my profile picture says . Personally I dont want to hear about normal updates , I dont care . The only thing I care about is when it is going to be aviable to purchase . Even if Obsiv tells you something like "its currently shipping to US" , that means nothing , the only thing that means something is the purchase option that allows you to purchase it .

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 01:18 AM - 05/25/14 »
Sorry I didnt notice that was your first post , welcome to the forum

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 03:46 AM - 05/25/14 »
Waining your skills they are! Redeem yourself you must!
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
« Reply #7 on: 03:47 AM - 05/25/14 »
Anyways , do as my profile picture says .
Before or after you changed it?
I dont want to hear about normal updates , I dont care . The only thing I care about is when it is going to be aviable to purchase . Even if Obsiv tells you something like "its currently shipping to US" , that means nothing , the only thing that means something is the purchase option that allows you to purchase it .
This is where we differ i like to know everything thats happening, and is going to happen.
Being told its not ready yet sucks, but being told its not ready yet BECAUSE... is not so bad, at least you know whats going on and what there is left, you can see progress.
If OBs was to say there is 25 things left to do, then each day said 23, 22, 19, 17... you'd be getting more and more excited towards the date, looking forward to it even more and the wait would be a hell of a lot easier.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline PegasusActual

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 01:28 AM - 05/26/14 »
If I knew we'd be at the end of May with no release yet I probably would have hunted down a XIM Edge.  My XIM3 mocks me in its useless state.

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
« Reply #9 on: 01:33 AM - 05/26/14 »
If I knew we'd be at the end of May with no release yet I probably would have hunted down a XIM Edge.  My XIM3 mocks me in its useless state.

i was looking at them at christmas and decided not to thinking it was near, hahaha how wrong was i. ah well its too late now, it'll be soon anyways

Offline andy21984

• Check out my youtube channel <3
    • View Profile
    • Xtreme Gaming
  • Gamertag: Xtreme Habbitz
« Reply #10 on: 05:54 AM - 05/26/14 »
+1 il like a little update on what stage we are at :)
YouTube~ http://www.youtube.com/user/bino19841
Twitch~ http://www.twitch.tv/xtremehabbitz/profile
Facebook~ https://www.facebook.com/xtremegamingBF4
Twitter ~ https://twitter.com/andy21984

Offline jimwho

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07:10 AM - 05/26/14 »
LOL
I sold my XIM3 and Edge back in November with the understanding they were useless for next gen platforms.
My bad for following the post in this forum saying they would be useless next gen. But 6 months later here we all sit. Sure could have purchased edge on e-bay for 2-3 times what I sold mine for. Almost pulled the trigger a few times. But my situation doesn't allow me to drop $150 and then have xim4 release the following week and drop another $150. Then sell my edge for $20. So I have been forced to use a controller and my gameplay with it has improved 3x easy. Instead of 5-15 I'm 15-5. So thanks for the long wait. I have even had a small, and I say very small thought of not getting XIM4 at all because of my improvement. Its nice to just turn on console and play. But I will purchase the XIM4 like I did the XIM3 and Edge. But now I can show up at a friends or family members house and play on their console without dragging around a keyboard, mouse and my xim then trying to setup a area to play. Yes one of my post was blocked and I'm not sure why. I'm thinking the people moderating this forum either have or believe they will get xim4's first for stopping any perceived negative comment. But we can post in 100 different ways this same question ? Yes an update would go a long way. I'm in a profession that I learned early on, information good or bad helps maintain peace.
« Last Edit: 07:27 AM - 05/26/14 by jimwho »

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
« Reply #12 on: 08:11 AM - 05/26/14 »
Yes one of my post was blocked and I'm not sure why. I'm thinking the people moderating this forum either have or believe they will get xim4's first for stopping any perceived negative comment.

I highly doubt that, that's not how things work around here. If  a post was moved or erased it might have been offensive or in serious breach of a rule?
I've seen a number of posts promoting other products or bad mouthing xim that have been allowed to remain.
Some do get locked or moved to another area once things get out of hand, but that's mostly due to fellow members starting to get personal and no one appreciates or wants to see that around here.

I have been forced to use a controller and my gameplay with it has improved 3x easy. Instead of 5-15 I'm 15-5. So thanks for the long wait.

On a positive note I'm glad your enjoying your controller ;)
Have you considered Kontrol Freeks?
-cheap enough and might hold you over til xim4 releases.
« Last Edit: 08:15 AM - 05/26/14 by Sif Noob »

Offline lordy

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:41 AM - 05/26/14 »
OP I was thinking the same question the other day but didnt dare ask as everyone flames. Its a good question to be honest, a little update from the man him self one way or another will ease peoples minds. I think some would agree the not knowing is worse than knowing it will be another 4 weeks or more. We constantly check the forum for an update or news, we dont have too as were on the waiting list but we do it anyway looking for anything new

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09:28 AM - 05/26/14 »
OBsIV said that he hopes to have an update next week, not a release date, but an update. But given the Q1 ETA snafu, is anyone really surprised that when Q2 was announced we'd be waiting at least until June?