XIM Community

A few questions about the XIM before i buy  (Read 1952 times)

Offline scootrsmb

• View Profile
A few questions about the XIM before i buy
« on: 07:53 AM - 03/29/08 »
I just bought the XFPS 3.0 sniper. I plugged it in so excited then the mouse is delayed and so hard to use. So i did some research and eventually came here. WHat exactly is the XIM? Does it make it so the mouse is responsive like a computer, and easier to move? Thanks. Thats all for now i'll probably think of more

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
Re: A few questions about the XIM before i buy
« Reply #1 on: 09:00 AM - 03/29/08 »
We REALLY need a dedicated FAQ section for first timers...

OBsIV's page explaining all about the XIM is here.
http://obsiv.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!948789BF56FAF394!282.entry

I wrote a review on mouse and keyboard systems for the xbox here (includes a section on xim and how it works)
http://nvirt.com/2008/02/02/xbox-360-keyboard-and-mouse-round-2-2/

Offline scootrsmb

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 09:21 AM - 03/29/08 »
Thank, i looked for a faq on saying what it actually does but i didnt see one. Thanks for the links.

Offline scootrsmb

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 09:25 AM - 03/29/08 »
When you say

"a micro controller that takes input commands from the XIM software running on your PC and generates PS2-ish signals,"

is that simply the XIM?

Offline OMGsus

• Administrator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: OMGsus
  • PSN ID: OMGsus
« Reply #4 on: 06:48 PM - 03/29/08 »
Thank, i looked for a faq on saying what it actually does but i didnt see one. Thanks for the links.
No problem.

When you say

"a micro controller that takes input commands from the XIM software running on your PC and generates PS2-ish signals,"

is that simply the XIM?
yes it is... the xim interfaces with the PS2 connection on the XFPS. ... the XFPS is a garpage K/M adapter but does a good job at translating dualshock inputs since theres not much "translation" involved.

Remeber, the XFPS is only required because it can circumvent peripheral security on the xbox by man-in-the-middle'ing a wired controller's connection.

Offline scootrsmb

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07:19 PM - 03/29/08 »
Ok, also, should i wait for the xim2 or should i just go ahead and get the XIM? When you have the xim plus xfps does the movement of the mouse actually look like it does when its on the computer and as responsive?

Offline aN4rK1

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:43 AM - 03/30/08 »
If you plan to use it just for the 360 then yea i would suggest waiting, but if you plan to use it with a PS3 then just go ahead and buy.
People have been getting the best results on COD4. Halo is playable but its still kind of laggy.

Offline evm

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 03:13 PM - 03/30/08 »
Ok, also, should i wait for the xim2 or should i just go ahead and get the XIM? When you have the xim plus xfps does the movement of the mouse actually look like it does when its on the computer and as responsive?

I found out about XIM back in February, I heard about XIM2 a decided not to wait.  Good thing I did not because I would still be waiting.  XIM is @#$% good when it comes to COD4, I have no other FPS.

Offline scootrsmb

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 06:39 PM - 03/30/08 »
Ok, thank you for the responses guys. I play call of duty 4 so if its like the response of  a computer then i'll be in heaven.

Offline xPOLESTARx

• www.team-dropouts.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 10:32 PM - 03/30/08 »
The only reason I bought a 360 was because of the XFPS... that was a GREAT disapointment.. after using the XIM you can't even compare the two.

I was going to wait.. but that was... a good month ago..

Gamertag: xPOLESTARx

Offline Luigi

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03:50 AM - 03/31/08 »
We in a april on tuesday(ironically the day my xfps is coming before I discovered and read your site and msn groups for like 4 hours) should i get me a xim or is it the release date that close that a should wait. SOmeone with some inside knowledge approximate cause if its over a month of waiting then I'll pick up a xim.thanks