Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Re: Lag
« Reply #76 on: 03:17 PM - 05/04/14 »
abc is a very very helpful sesame street red puffy guy.

Yeah so how does this static DHCP work. you assign the PS4 and Bone mac adress to static DHCP and the PS4 and Bone is on AUTO no static IP.
The port forwarding you can set to that static DHCP?

EXACTLY! :) in the router you assign the MAC to a static DHCP (below the start of your DCHP server hand-out: normally 192.168.1.100, so assign it to 192.168.1.50 for example).

After that on the Xbox or PS4 turn it off then back on (all the way off) it will then pickup the static designated IP.  Then you can port forward to your hearts desire :)  This will also stabilize your UPnP if you are going to keep that up.

:)

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 03:20 PM - 05/04/14 »
no upnp, idea is great if would work correctly.
So which device gets port 80??
Crusade atm: none

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 10:10 PM - 05/04/14 »
I have to leave port 80 on UPnP, right?

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 11:30 PM - 05/04/14 »
I have to leave port 80 on UPnP, right?

if you do that it will only be open to the first console that is turned on.

Normally, you'd change the external port to something else but since you can't define the internal port changing with a routing table.  I recommend that you attempt to forward the same port to both a DMZ would be doing the same thing.  All data goes to both devices in this situation and might easily cause some issue if they were both on.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 02:38 AM - 05/05/14 »
Makes sense, my present router did  not allow to forward to two IPs. Maybe its different with Asus WRT or Tomato.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 07:05 AM - 05/05/14 »
Makes sense, my present router did  not allow to forward to two IPs. Maybe its different with Asus WRT or Tomato.

I believe it is, i'll continue searching for a better solution.  Ninja could probably inject knowledge into this conversation as well.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 02:16 PM - 05/05/14 »
Now look at this, I can assign forward to two consoles. 40 and 41 are now static DHCPs the consoles are on AUTO both.

I wonder what those forwards to the 192.168.1.2 are. That IP is not in the device list.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 05:12 PM - 05/05/14 »
Now look at this, I can assign forward to two consoles. 40 and 41 are now static DHCPs the consoles are on AUTO both.

I wonder what those forwards to the 192.168.1.2 are. That IP is not in the device list.

if you read it it is internal ports meaning tomato is likely using that as a post back for 5GHz vs 2.4GHz

But awesome! open those ports and see what's up

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 11:09 PM - 05/05/14 »
What? No, internal port is the destination port to forward to. Has nothing to do with Wifi. Could have left it blank just read below later that it could been left blank and I am used to set the detination ports from my old router.
Tomato is awesome never had so much options to set. I even think UPnP could work well on these Linux based firmwares.
Thanks abc!

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 11:40 PM - 05/05/14 »
What? No, internal port is the destination port to forward to. Has nothing to do with Wifi. Could have left it blank just read below later that it could been left blank and I am used to set the detination ports from my old router.
Tomato is awesome never had so much options to set. I even think UPnP could work well on these Linux based firmwares.
Thanks abc!

UPnP does work well it is just flawed by the nature of it's own design.

Everything looks solid, those top three looked like loopback ports but the more i look the more I don't know why they are open.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 04:29 AM - 05/06/14 »
Ah OK my misunderstanding, sure those three are strange.

Admin