XIM Community

Binding Multiple Xbox Controller Buttons to a Single KB Key  (Read 2995 times)

Offline DGibbs

• View Profile
Is there a way to bind multiple Xbox controller buttons to a single keyboard button?

For example, in the new Dark Souls II, in order to jump a chasm, you are supposed to hold the "B" to sprint while pressing the "Left Stick" forward and at the moment you want to jump, click the "Left Stick" down.

It would be nice to actually bind the keys to where a forward jump could be accomplished by just moving forward with the kb W and hitting the keyboard spacebar to jump - just like I used to be able to do on the old games in the 90's.

Since I'd already use the keyboard W to move forward anyway, it would be cool if I could bind the Xbox "B" and Xbox "Left-stick Click" to the spacebar.

Any ideas?

Dan :)

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
Yes but you need to use Xim Manager to do it. See below.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline DGibbs

• View Profile
Okay, so, for example, using the "B" xbox button above, I can assign "B"'s "Primary Buttons" to "Mouse Button Left" for "Attack"and then under the "Secondary Buttons", I can assign both "B' and "Left Stick Click" to the keyboard "Spacebar" to give me "Jump"

Is this how it's done?

Theoretically, I could assign every button on the Xbox controller to one physical keyboard or mouse key?