XIM Community

Your opinion on macros and Janki's KD/Monitor  (Read 27666 times)

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
Your opinion on macros and Janki's KD/Monitor
« on: 07:49 AM - 04/25/14 »
[what is this thread about]
An open discussion about what constitutes a "macro", why some macros are bad and why some are not, why some macros are built into the device and others trigger forum members to tell people to kill themselves and go to hell.

[why is this thread here]
I once saw a handicapped individual ask on this forum how he could achieve something through a macro that non handicapped people can do easily, and he was told no macros.
I once saw a forum member tell someone to commit suicide and burn in hell for wanting to use a specific macro

[disclaimer]
Tuffrabit has stated that some of the below may be false, I don't know which ones though

[original post content]
Push a button and it pushes multiple buttons
Push a button and it pushes the button multiple times
Push a button and it holds the button down
Push a button and it changes the aim speed
Push a button and it alters the acceleration of the aiming system
Push a button and it performs a sequence of actions
Change the acceleration of the aiming system to no acceleration 1:1
Instead of aiming with a 1" range of motion with your thumb, you aim with any range of motion you want with your whole arm
Retain the precision of lowest sensitivity while playing on maximum sensitivity
Use a wide range of unlicensed devices that are normally not compatible
Alter USB data between controller and console in real time to achieve the above
Create a passive unseen device to avoid the console manufacturer from blocking your device

Only two of the are considered cheating and will not be discussed on this forum.

[challenge]
Give the list above to someone you know that isn't a member of this forum, explain what the xim is, and ask them to check off which ones they think would not be allowed on this forum.
« Last Edit: 02:43 PM - 04/30/14 by toqy »
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Dale

• MVP
  • What would the great lion do?
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DaleisGOD
Re: Your opinion
« Reply #1 on: 07:51 AM - 04/25/14 »

^^ these are the two :P

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
« Reply #2 on: 07:52 AM - 04/25/14 »
Some of your above statements are ignorant of the technology and some them are just outright wrong.  Care to elaborate on your intentions with this?

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07:55 AM - 04/25/14 »
An open discussion about what constitutes a "macro", why some macros are bad and why some are not, why some macros are built into the device and others trigger forum members to tell people to kill themselves and go to hell.
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07:56 AM - 04/25/14 »
in your opinion

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #5 on: 07:58 AM - 04/25/14 »

lol i'm not going to defend AK telling them to kill themselves.  I think it's more a don't ask don't tell policy.

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07:59 AM - 04/25/14 »

Then perhaps your topic title should be more clear and/or you should state that in the OP.

Because as it stands, it appears as though you are attempting to create a flamewar.

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08:01 AM - 04/25/14 »
Then perhaps your topic title should be more clear and/or you should state that in the OP.

Because as it stands, it appears as though you are attempting to create a flamewar.

I was confused about what it was until I read his second part.  I think if he reformatted the OP it would help

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08:02 AM - 04/25/14 »

^^ these are the two :P

Indeed, and they are functions of a connected device... not a function of the XIM.

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08:04 AM - 04/25/14 »
The only macro I've ever used for more than 1 day is "toggle ads" for Titanfall... but that function is built into most games- and would have been built into Titanfall if it weren't bare bones.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08:06 AM - 04/25/14 »
The only macro I've ever used for more than 1 day is "toggle ads" for Titanfall... but that function is built into most games- and would have been built into Titanfall if it weren't bare bones.

My sources have indicated to me that you have used rapid fire macros provided by "platoad"

😂😂😭

Offline Dale

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Your opinion on macros
« Reply #11 on: 08:17 AM - 04/25/14 »
I honestly would use macros if I felt like they gave me an advantage- but I don't.  In Ghosts, the only guns worth using are remington/mtar (nither benefit from macros)... In BO2, I felt like a macro hurt my aim more than benefited me by increasing my rate of fire. But yeah, this "platoad" character tried to pawn off his gypsy magic more than once- but only scrubs need that snakeoil :P

Think of XIM like a SCUF (embraced by MLG)- all the original functions of the controller still exist- its just makes it easier to do them...

« Last Edit: 08:21 AM - 04/25/14 by Dale »

Offline abc123

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 08:19 AM - 04/25/14 »
My sources have indicated to me that you have used rapid fire macros provided by "platoad"

I've used rapid fire as well...it's more trouble then it is worth...
I can click faster and more on time then a rapid fire mod ever did for me...

You have to get it just right on the delay timing and even then it isn't perfect, because the Logitech mice don't seem to have good macro support (perfect timing).

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 08:33 AM - 04/25/14 »
has toad killed himself yet?

Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #14 on: 08:35 AM - 04/25/14 »
I used to write scripts (macros) for Counter-Strike all the time. But since you could do it from the in-game console, it usually wasn't considered cheating (except the 2 glitches). Anyone could do it, if they understood basic knowledge of aliasing and console commands.

Things like:

- Bunny hop
- Semi-auto
- 3 round burst
- 180 degree spin
- Crouch Hop
- Flashlight Fire
- Rapid fire
- Crouch Jump (useful in old versions of CS for speed boost)
- Demo recording glitch (would resupply your ammo)
- Spectator rejoin glitch (allowed respawning after death)

The issue now, is in console gaming, it's not exactly widely available. You need to buy third party devices to macro/script. It cannot be done in the game. This is why people consider certain things macros as cheating.

On PC, only console COD players that convert over like to cry about macros. AHK is common knowledge in PC gaming and a LOT of good players (not just FPS) use it. I've seen it in RTS, FPS, MMO, etc.
« Last Edit: 08:41 AM - 04/25/14 by colb »