XIM Community

XIM4E Beta 20140416 Feedback  (Read 8660 times)

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
Re: XIM4E Beta 20140416 Feedback
« Reply #15 on: 11:36 PM - 04/17/14 »
yes i have. its just problems using the PC manager. i did another factory restore and flashed to the new drop did everything using just my phone and so far so good. PC manger still lets me accept the agreement and then download but then i get the following: (Not responding) then connection failure (10060). I did try on a friends laptop with the same bluetooth used in my PC and it did work for about 3mins and then while doing a config half way through it crashed and gave me the same ((Not responding) then connection failure (10051). Besides the PC manager everything else works great so far.

ah follow tuffs guide to clear everything off:

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=32187.0

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 11:58 AM - 04/18/14 »
Last night I upgraded all three of our XIM edges to the latest beta, from version one...

I could NOT get the firmware to install on Win 8.1.  i would click update and the line showed, but never told me the message it was about to upgrade from one to another like it did on win7 after I gave up on win 8.1.

That is all I know. I did follow the steps exactly.  removed the hidden xim folder etc...

also, thought you all should know we bought three chat adapters last night, and each and every one of our beta machines are sweet!  no issues after upgrade.  the sound is superb.  I was surprised when I got into COD ghosts that I was hearing the in game voice over the voice channel....is that new to X1 or a XIM feature?
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline quanchi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12:22 PM - 04/18/14 »
Does this beta add passthrough support for the DS4 touchpad? I want to get back to playing Killzone SF single player :)

I am bumping this gentleman's post because I to would like to play Killzone SF single player .... I thought the DS4 touchpad passthrough was coming this drop ... what happened ? just curious ... not fretting here

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #18 on: 02:28 PM - 04/18/14 »
Last night I upgraded all three of our XIM edges to the latest beta, from version one...

I could NOT get the firmware to install on Win 8.1.  i would click update and the line showed, but never told me the message it was about to upgrade from one to another like it did on win7 after I gave up on win 8.1.

That is all I know. I did follow the steps exactly.  removed the hidden xim folder etc...

also, thought you all should know we bought three chat adapters last night, and each and every one of our beta machines are sweet!  no issues after upgrade.  the sound is superb.  I was surprised when I got into COD ghosts that I was hearing the in game voice over the voice channel....is that new to X1 or a XIM feature?

For the Win8.1 issue, please follow this: http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31086.0.

And yes, X1 audio support is pretty recent.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline piotr2012

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02:56 PM - 04/18/14 »
Hello. I would like to know as well if DS4 touchpad passthrough was included in this firmware for games such as killzone shadow fall. I have a xim edge and am planning on buying a ps4 but would like to know this before buying it. Thanks.

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #20 on: 05:50 PM - 04/18/14 »
I'm guessing Obsv's lack of response on the DS4 touchpad means "no, and read the patch notes". Sometimes features do make it in when they aren't in the notes - I think even the XIM4e has had a few undocumented changes in the past - so it'd be nice to know because I'm not bothering to install this update and redo everything if I don't need it.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #21 on: 05:53 PM - 04/18/14 »
No, it's not in there. Orbital is working on that and wireless Nav right now.

Also, please install the update. Your feedback of the latest drop is important to us. Factory restore isn't required on this drop so you won't have to worry about re-pairing to your device.

Offline Ixian

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: MGIxian
  • PSN ID: Planetix
« Reply #22 on: 08:29 AM - 04/19/14 »
Thanks!

I meant more that I'll have to re-do all my configs again (unless I am missing something) but you're right, I should be testing the betas.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #23 on: 09:52 AM - 04/19/14 »
Thanks!

I meant more that I'll have to re-do all my configs again (unless I am missing something) but you're right, I should be testing the betas.

That's ok -- I appreciate any time you can spend on it.

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 10:10 AM - 04/19/14 »
So is the robotic voice problem on the xbox1 just nailed down to a power issue with the edge? The xim4 won't have this issue?

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 07:25 PM - 04/19/14 »
So is the robotic voice problem on the xbox1 just nailed down to a power issue with the edge? The xim4 won't have this issue?

Not sure Panda, I haven't heard anything concrete yet. Hopefully we'll get a response soon here.

Online OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #26 on: 07:31 PM - 04/19/14 »
:)

Don't know. It'll help to isolate the problem when we rule out power as the issue.

Offline guitarpanda

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 08:11 PM - 04/19/14 »
:)

Don't know. It'll help to isolate the problem when we rule out power as the issue.

I understand ma' lord.  Forgive my inquiry.

Offline Edawsiwel

• Teacher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 01:26 AM - 04/20/14 »
Here is a problem. My edge went wierd when i tried a new mouse, getting the red green blue flashing. No response. thought i would do the new update, internet is working fine but when i click on the firmware update link, says that my internet cannot display the page.

Looks like i might be out of the gaming again unless there is something i can do. i can never go back to the controller.
TEACHER

Itís a poor craftsman who blames his tools

A lion will never tell you he is a lion

It takes all sorts to make a world

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #29 on: 03:01 AM - 04/20/14 »

Here is a problem. My edge went wierd when i tried a new mouse, getting the red green blue flashing. No response. thought i would do the new update, internet is working fine but when i click on the firmware update link, says that my internet cannot display the page.

Looks like i might be out of the gaming again unless there is something i can do. i can never go back to the controller.

You need to factory restore.  Download the latest XIM edge beta firmware.

Hold the red button while plugging in the device.  Then click factory restore, this will solve the issue you are having.