XIM Community

XIM4 release based on lead time  (Read 57324 times)

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
Re: XIM4 release based on lead time
« Reply #30 on: 11:50 AM - 04/16/14 »
Please don't read into this like that. I want this device shipped more than anyone and it pains me to not having it shipping *now*, but, there is more to manufacturing than component lead time. I'm working on getting a realistic ETA and right now the enclosure is the variable.

You're welcome to ship me three bare device, and I will order an enclosure later?  ;D

I wonder if we would be allowed to know how many are on the waiting list?
Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #31 on: 12:10 PM - 04/16/14 »
Hmmm, you are saying you'd want the board without the enclosure and then pay additional shipping for the enclosure later? It actually isn't a bad idea for a select few on here, but, honestly it would complicate things such as handling warranties.
Get the most out of your XIM NEXUS, read the XIM NEXUS Support FAQ.

Offline owenwilson

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: cAz-1986
« Reply #32 on: 12:16 PM - 04/16/14 »
Hmmm, you are saying you'd want the board without the enclosure and then pay additional shipping for the enclosure later?

Me too! :-P

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #33 on: 12:17 PM - 04/16/14 »
Hmmm, you are saying you'd want the board without the enclosure and then pay additional shipping for the enclosure later? It actually isn't a bad idea for a select few on here, but, honestly it would complicate things such as handling warranties.

I'm willing to accept "no warranty" :)

Offline Lisu

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 12:40 PM - 04/16/14 »
Lol. I want one too. Lets just call it XimLite

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #35 on: 01:21 PM - 04/16/14 »
Patience is a virtue some people need to adopt.

Offline coolrunninja

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 01:25 PM - 04/16/14 »
I like the idea of getting the board now. the enclosure is strictly for looks... thats what is killing the wait time *VISUALS* plus ESD damage.

The real question is how terrible is the lead time on the enclosure. Are you talking weeks or months. Bc that just seems ridiculous for a piece of plastic and a few screws.

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #37 on: 02:09 PM - 04/16/14 »
Bc that just seems ridiculous for a piece of plastic and a few screws.

Enclosure has always been one of the most difficult parts of developing any XIM. The molds themselves cost $10s of thousands so you need to be sure to get it right the first time.

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 02:19 PM - 04/16/14 »
Then why did you not take the Edge molds? You could have adapted the pcb to it and use pink plastic this time. I dont find its worth the money, your money, tbh.
Crusade atm: none

Offline OBsIV

• Administrator
  • MVP
  • It's obsessive.
    • View Profile
    • OBsIV's Blog
« Reply #39 on: 02:21 PM - 04/16/14 »
Then why did you not take the Edge molds? You could have adapted the pcb to it and use pink plastic this time. I dont find its worth the money, your money, tbh.

New product -- new enclosure. Wanted a button (so did you). Board is bigger too.

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 02:21 PM - 04/16/14 »
Guys stop being ridiculously pathetic. First no packaging now no enclosures? seriously? Is it really that hard to patiently wait? its like kids with ADD up in here. Just sit still chill out and it will come. No need to bump up threads every single day on the issue of whens it coming,how much,etc. You signed up for the email alert now just calm down. We know its going to be in the range of 100-150 for the time being. I'm sure when its ready obsiv will be the first to announce it here and via email. Its obvious obsiv cares about the quality of the product and isn't trying to make a slipshod crappy looking thing. Just give it a rest and let the man do his thing. There's going to be alot being made this time around. Every day its whens it coming whens it coming.

God i'd hate to be in obsiv's shoes right now getting repeatedly asked the same q's. No offense

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 02:30 PM - 04/16/14 »

New product -- new enclosure. Wanted a button (so did you). Board is bigger too.

I would take it in a anti static bag and be happy..
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 02:31 PM - 04/16/14 »
sigh..obsiv don't skimp on making a quality product just because we got alot of anxious people here who can't wait like normal human beings. Please release it when your satisfied its done well and not before.

MrSir

« Reply #43 on: 02:35 PM - 04/16/14 »
yessss that would be awesome. 

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 02:39 PM - 04/16/14 »
sigh..obsiv don't skimp on making a quality product just because we got alot of anxious people here who can't wait like normal human beings. Please release it when your satisfied its done well and not before.

ROFL! Because until you said that, he was about to listen to all the people here who can't wait like normal human beings and release it tomorrow in a anti static bag..

Wait? Humans realized through "being" what it is to wait! they conceptualized it! therefor waiting is a normal part of being human! You simpleton.

Shh grownups are talking.
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility