XIM Community

Can we please get another estimate as to the release date?  (Read 36794 times)

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
Re: Can we please get another estimate as to the release date?
« Reply #15 on: 02:30 PM - 04/12/14 »
It's a huge financial commitment.  I don't know the cost of manufacturing but if it's $50.00 each and he's talking about 5 figures (10k units)....  We're talking about $500,000.00.   That's a big chunk for the initial batch so it's understandable that they have to be right, and that takes time.

That being said....  A little communication goes a long way.  Not knowing causes frustration and frustration leads to these kinds of threads.  A simple "here's where we are on the process" kind of post would stop everyone from getting in an uproar and possibly even keep some from buying other things.

As much as the zealots would hate to admit it, the other products do have something offer.  It may not be as good, but it might be good enough.  More than a few who buy them because they are tired of the wait (and lack of info) may not come back.    It would be much easier to just level with the customers and keep us in the loop.
« Last Edit: 02:44 PM - 04/12/14 by Pneumatic »
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 02:43 PM - 04/12/14 »
For those who dont know what Q2 means , "Q" stands for quarter . So it means the 2nd quarter of 2014 . One year has 12 months and 1/4 or 1 quarter is 12/4=3 months . So it should be released before the end of June .

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #17 on: 04:26 PM - 04/12/14 »
For those who dont know what Q2 means , "Q" stands for quarter . So it means the 2nd quarter of 2014 . One year has 12 months and 1/4 or 1 quarter is 12/4=3 months . So it should be released before the end of June .

+1...this answers the question when do they think XIMO 4 will be released

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #18 on: 05:08 PM - 04/12/14 »
Just stop. Please. These threads are beyond played out.
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline Uber Pooch

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 05:25 PM - 04/12/14 »
Is it too much to ask to have it by May 27 (the release of Watch Dogs). For those who don't play with the controller we've already had to sit on the sidelines for BF4, COD Ghost, and Titanfall. If it's not out by Watch Dogs then screw it, you may as well wait until late fall. 

Offline sYk

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 05:37 PM - 04/12/14 »
Q2 isn't much of an estimate. Might as well say it's coming out 2014 lol. Can we narrow it down lol. Say 2 to 3 weeks? 5 to 8 weeks? Probs end of Q2? Tomorrow!?
Tonight?!? Lol

Offline bf4onps4

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 06:30 PM - 04/12/14 »
I can live with q2. I noticed others are caving and going with alternatives, but a june estimate at the latest is doable for me. Im getting used to a controller and the maps so its all good.

Offline bf4onps4

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 06:32 PM - 04/12/14 »
End of May is my educated guess.

I just assume june and anything earlier will be a nice bonus.
« Last Edit: 06:38 PM - 04/12/14 by bf4onps4 »

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #23 on: 06:37 PM - 04/12/14 »
Q2 isn't much of an estimate. Might as well say it's coming out 2014 lol. Can we narrow it down lol. Say 2 to 3 weeks? 5 to 8 weeks? Probs end of Q2? Tomorrow!?
Tonight?!? Lol
+1 to that hahaha. 3 months is a long time. I was simply saying can't we narrow it down and make it a little clearer. If he knows it's not this month then say late Q2.
Or if he thinks it'll be soon say early Q2. 4-8 weeks etc.
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline ArmouredNZ

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: ArmouredNZ
« Reply #24 on: 07:42 PM - 04/12/14 »
something a little more specific would help me. I am thinking of doing the XimE (beta) mod to play on ps4, but I dont want to buy the bluetooth adaptor for the Xim4 to be released in a week. Im not going to buy another product but this wait is painful and has me conflicted.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10:17 PM - 04/12/14 »
As much as the zealots would hate to admit it, the other products do have something offer.  It may not be as good, but it might be good enough.  More than a few who buy them because they are tired of the wait (and lack of info) may not come back.    It would be much easier to just level with the customers and keep us in the loop.

If you are so desperate, have honestly nothing else to do with your time that you're willing to drop more than a hundred bucks on some other device just because you can't wait another month or two...then you're probably either rich enough that you'll end up buying the XIM4 when it comes out anyways, or too stupid to know how to handle your money, in which case you'll also end up buying the XIM4 when it comes out as well.

In other words, Obsiv doesn't have to worry about "losing" potential customers.

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10:39 PM - 04/12/14 »

Money isn't a determining factor in what I use but if the Venom meets my needs i will be in no big rush.  I will know in a few days when it gets here. :)

When it does arrive....  I will be one of the few here who have actually used it before I cast judgement.
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10:47 PM - 04/12/14 »
I will be one of the few here who have actually used it before I cast judgement

But we know its as bad as the others and it will not meet your needs.
Crusade atm: none

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10:58 PM - 04/12/14 »
Money isn't a determining factor in what I use but if the Venom meets my needs i will be in no big rush.  I will know in a few days when it gets here. :)

You miss the point. It doesn't matter if the venom meets your needs. You fall in the 'i have too much money' camp. I mean, most people here aren't getting the venom or anything else because they don't want to have to pay for an inferior product when the better product is right around the corner. But for rich people, it doesn't matter, you'll buy whatever you need to satisfy your needs as quickly as possible.

That being said, I will bet my left nut that you'll end up getting the XIM4 anyways. No rush if the venom is good enough? Yah, I'll bet my other nut you place your order ASAP once its released.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #29 on: 11:03 PM - 04/12/14 »
I have an alternative:

it does everything the XIMO does and more!

Only $150!!!!

Understand that you are purchasing nothing more than an image...enjoy your $150 image and lie it will be amazing for you and you can order it today!