XIM Community

Food Inc.  (Read 1104 times)

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
Food Inc.
« on: 01:21 PM - 04/11/14 »
Want to become vegan? Here's some motivation lol j/k. I'm not vegan, and never will be, but this really makes me want to move somewhere in Europe / any place where I wont be force fed poison to one degree or another. 

this is just a 1hr talkshow, not the documentary https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Oq24hITFTY
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline tuffrabit

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • tuffrabit's Twitch.tv channel
  • Gamertag: TuFFrabit
Re: Food Inc.
« Reply #1 on: 01:54 PM - 04/11/14 »
Buy local dude.  Or grow your own food.  It doesn't have to be complicated and expensive.

Offline PointBlankShot

• MVP
  • Xbox One X > PS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:03 PM - 04/11/14 »
I have watched that documentary.  Its a good one. moving to Europe will not solve your poisonous food, nor will moving to the USA.

The world's food system is broken... didn't you know? solved by corn... which is NOT a solution.

I solved my own dilemma by shopping smart for my family, and when I can afford it going to farmers markets, and places like something called "lots of pasta" here.  A small store selling locally sourced foods when possible, and selling locally sourced foods worldwide otherwise.  all very good.  All very healthy.

Oh, and one other thing I found out is that just because it says organic does not mean its "good"

You might think this is funny but just about an hour ago i went to that store and bought groceries.  Tonight the fam and I are having a locally made loaf of cheddar bread, moroccan olives, and a full spread of thinly sliced meats and cheeses.

The way I know i have eaten good is how I feel afterwards.  I can eat a Mcdonalds hamburger, and immediatly feel @#$%.  Tonight after our meal even though it is full of rick hearty flavorful meats and cheeses i will feel wonderful, literally full of energy.  As we have this meal I just explained often, I now.

The really crazy part of it all is, this meal cost me $6 for each person.  I spent $11 for lunch last week for just me on a single valuemeal at wendy's.  basically I can feed two people well for the same cost as fast food.  So can you if you do it right.

Xbox One X + Orbweaver + G502 + XIM4/APEX

Offline asilver

• MVP
  • STE4LYOURFACE
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:41 PM - 04/11/14 »
Buy local dude.  Or grow your own food.  It doesn't have to be complicated and expensive.

I eat a lot of bananas, salad, and chicken. Need to start raising chickens I guess, that will never happen.

But yeah, not complicated, or expensive, just boring. Bananas are cheap, a single salad costs like just over a dollar, organic chicken is a little high but affordable. Bag of naval oranges 5$. All in all I get a sh1t load of food for 30$. If I were feeding a family this would be totally different. I wouldn't be able to eat as healthy.

Not moving half a world away just b/c of food and our retarded government, but I wish our regulations were in the same ballpark as the rest of the world. It's wrong.
Dirty Tony De La Nomadz M.C.

cs:go

Offline xSundown

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08:38 PM - 04/12/14 »
I've been devouring Organic granola bars like there's no tomorrow. I've stopped eating beef almost entirely. The past year I'd say I eaten beef about 6-8 times. I eat a chicken breast every single night though lol. I've been eating more "all natural" and organic foods and milk. I avoid anything with HFCS.
[email protected]| Noctua D15s| Asus Gene Viii| 16gb DDR4 3200mhz G.Skill Trident RAM| Phanteks Evolv mATX| EVGA 750w G2| 1tb Samsung Evo SSD| EVGA GTX 980ti FTW| Dell U3415W

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #5 on: 08:55 PM - 04/12/14 »
HFCS is the devil. Pisses me off that they try to sneak it into "juice".

Offline Xog

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 08:59 PM - 04/12/14 »
i just had two double whoppers with cheese. I had the munchies but I have nobody to blame but myself.

No regrets.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #7 on: 09:14 PM - 04/12/14 »
i just had two double whoppers with cheese. I had the munchies but I have nobody to blame but myself.

No regrets.

I eat unhealthy couple times a week. It's just so delicious. But I also eat a lot of home grown veggies / local stuff.

Offline abc123

• MVP
  • It's as easy as ABC 123
    • View Profile
    • unofficial xim api cloud for configs
  • Gamertag: Dr Donkey Kong
« Reply #8 on: 09:19 PM - 04/12/14 »

I only buy hydro! bit i prefer vaporizing over eatables

Offline Joker76

• No asterisks in this lifetime, only scoreboards.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Drunkn Joker
« Reply #9 on: 05:55 AM - 04/13/14 »

This is great advice. In fact, you can save A LOT of money buy buying in bulk if you have freezer space. If you live in a rural area (or can get there with a short drive), chances are you can find farmers who raise cattle, chickens, pigs, etc. We buy 1/4 cow each spring and have it butchered for less than $200. Last year we bought 1/2 pig for $100 and I still have some left. This year we're getting 1/2 lamb too.

Farmer's markets are a great place to find these things, just ask around. Just make sure you're asking for organic, grain/grass fed livestock. Same thing for vegetables, or grow your own. We have a small garden but if you have some extra space you can always try your hand at canning/preserving (even if it's market-bought products) so you can have stuff to last through the winter months too.

It doesn't have to be expensive but it is less convenient than going to the grocery store. You just have to put a little effort into it. Good luck!

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 07:20 AM - 04/13/14 »

+1
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Admin