XIM Community

Consumer Neglect  (Read 10829 times)

Offline xxgmon3yxx

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: Memo214
Re: Consumer Neglect
« Reply #90 on: 01:08 PM - 04/07/14 »
It's a private company... Basically anything can be said and changed at any time. Either wait or buy what's available. I chose the latter since I was tired of waiting and I'm not telling anyone to do the same by any means, you earn your own money so you can do whatever. So far the only complain I have on the venom is the lack of multiple key binds, other than that it does the job. Luckily my current financial situation allows me to explore my options and once the Xim 4 hype dies down and the final product is release I will most likely buy one for the extra features.

The community here is on the defensive and I understand their frustration. Starting threads like this is like going into an apple forum talking about android.

I just hope Xim devs work out their bugs and release a working product for a fair price! In the mean time I will be on that CoD!

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #91 on: 01:09 PM - 04/07/14 »
I'm sure OP will be back soon.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline RookCheck

• MVP
  • Your move.
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: RookCheck
« Reply #92 on: 01:12 PM - 04/07/14 »
I swear to god I will bring forth a rage so complete in it's fury that your innards would boil from the sheer amount of energy pouring from your monitor.

Rook said everything that can be said.

Offline nataku_0

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 01:32 PM - 04/07/14 »
Luckily my current financial situation allows me to explore my options and once the Xim 4 hype dies down and the final product is release I will most likely buy one for the extra features.

Hype? My friend, it is not just hype.

Extra features? You mean actual usability and consistency? My buddy has a venom, it reminds me of the XIM2 back when I didn't know what to put in the standard configs....trust me, nothing like a smart translator....let's not pretend the only thing the XIM4 has over its competitors is some key binding options and a smartphone app....

Offline Ding Chavez

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: DcIhNaGv3z
« Reply #94 on: 02:47 PM - 04/07/14 »
So far the only complain I have on the venom is the lack of multiple key binds, other than that it does the job.
[...]
 In the mean time I will be on that CoD!

Honestly, for CoD, the competition of XIM actually does ok.  But that is a testament to how good COD's look mechanic is compared to other games.  But the competition falls off quickly as you start getting into all the different look mechanics out there, and all the complexity that comes with them.  Some look mechanics are so bad that even the brilliance of XIM's Smart Translators cant fix it *cough* CS go *cough*.  But overall, the Smart Translators does all the work for you, making each game reach the as-good-as-it-gets 1:to:1 potential.

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 02:51 PM - 04/07/14 »
My consumer neglect got infected and i'm on IV antibiotics. Thanks OBsIV
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 03:07 PM - 04/07/14 »
I chose the latter since I was tired of waiting and I'm not telling anyone to do the same by any means, you earn your own money so you can do whatever. So far the only complain I have on the venom is the lack of multiple key binds, other than that it does the job.

I have made the same decision but they are sold out AGAIN.  Apparently this batch didn't even make it to the supplier before they sold out of them (I got the email this morning that they will arrive in a couple of days but will be available to order today and logged in to find them already sold out).  XIM can't get it released and Venom X can't build enough to fill demand.

I am doomed to wander the barren wasteland of PS3.  :(
« Last Edit: 03:29 PM - 04/07/14 by Pneumatic »
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline KYRoadie

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: BlackWOLFMojo
« Reply #97 on: 03:17 PM - 04/07/14 »
I have experienced "consumer neglect" as well.  And I want to whine on this forum.  My "neglect" came in the form of having to use something else that was severely inferior to my XIM. So if it's OK with the rest of you, I'm going to wait patiently with money in hand until the- sure to be better than anything else; going to work well at release; be an upgrade to current XIM3- XIM4 comes out.  So take that XIM community and developers! I hope you're sorry that you make an awesome product that brings so much joy to so many!  :'(

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #98 on: 03:59 PM - 04/07/14 »
JesusHChrist. 

When the Venom / Aimon / Hori / or whatever can do Killzone: Shadow Fall like Mist's fantastic smarty, feel free to call me. 

Otherwise -- it's all noise.  With anything *but* COD, you're doomed. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 04:09 PM - 04/07/14 »
I have experienced "consumer neglect" as well.  And I want to whine on this forum.  My "neglect" came in the form of having to use something else that was severely inferior to my XIM. So if it's OK with the rest of you, I'm going to wait patiently with money in hand until the- sure to be better than anything else; going to work well at release; be an upgrade to current XIM3- XIM4 comes out.  So take that XIM community and developers! I hope you're sorry that you make an awesome product that brings so much joy to so many!  :'(

:D
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline nxsteven

• View Profile
« Reply #100 on: 06:54 PM - 04/07/14 »
"Neglect" is far from the correct term.

I will say that as a consumer of XIM products, my expectation was set that I would have a "next-gen" product by the end of the first quarter. So far we're, gasp!, a week past that date.

With that said, I own an XIM Edge*, can purchase the additional BT adapter and use the beta version of this product. I haven't done so as I'd rather save the few bucks if I can. If there is an ETA of "end of second quarter" or the like, I would gladly participate in the beta.

*Modified
« Last Edit: 07:10 PM - 04/07/14 by nxsteven »

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 06:57 PM - 04/07/14 »
Unfortunately XIM3 isn't included in the beta. Edge's hardware is more similar to XIM4 than XIM3 is to XIM4. For this reason XIM3 couldn't be included in the beta.

Offline nxsteven

• View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 07:11 PM - 04/07/14 »
Unfortunately XIM3 isn't included in the beta. Edge's hardware is more similar to XIM4 than XIM3 is to XIM4. For this reason XIM3 couldn't be included in the beta.

I meant XIM Edge. Corrected my own post. Thanks.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 07:36 PM - 04/07/14 »
Good! I'm glad you have that option available then. I didn't want you to think it was possible, order the hub and adapter and then find out you couldn't participate.

Offline nxsteven

• View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 07:53 PM - 04/07/14 »
Yep. I'll wait a few more days before ordering the Laird BT820.

Admin