XIM Community

Banned on Xbox for "profanity"  (Read 3758 times)

Offline gahagafaka

• MVP
  • The Avian Floo
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: The Worst Ever
  • PSN ID: crack_monk
Re: Banned on Xbox for "profanity"
« Reply #15 on: 04:49 AM - 04/05/14 »
yeah its the new reputation system or something they're doing

takes away privileges like twitch streaming, other functions, etc

also matches you with other people that get reported a lot

if this is voice recognition then well.... RIP me as well, I don't talk on live, but like Sif, I can get a bit frustrated lol

ps4 is possibly getting a reputation system as well though,  not as drastic but whatever.

Lion tamer, Goat slayer, Bird brains, Narnian

Offline glenn37216

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04:56 AM - 04/05/14 »
That's crazy!

What if someone in the background yells out profanity ? I can see the rage now... better be careful on what friends you invite over for console gaming .. some drunk guy yelling at his gf could land you a few days off from live.  ;D

Offline kryptik66

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: kryp7ik777 (only play PS4 now)
  • PSN ID: kryp7ik777
« Reply #17 on: 05:46 AM - 04/05/14 »
I got banned from xbox live for a week for using the work f*ck in my profile bio, some cod kid was obviously mad and reported me

Offline Sif Noob

• MVP
  • As If!!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel!
  • Gamertag: sif noob
  • PSN ID: T3h_GrayWo1f3
« Reply #18 on: 05:51 AM - 04/05/14 »
That's crazy!

What if someone in the background yells out profanity ? I can see the rage now... better be careful on what friends you invite over for console gaming .. some drunk guy yelling at his gf could land you a few days off from live.  ;D

I'm picturing the scene in the movie "in brughes" Natalie:Harry. Harry! It's a inanimate fk'n object!
Harry: [to wife] You're an inanimate fk'n object!

Me swearing at xbox then wife telling me... you get the point...
Banned :(
AD700+DSS2/ g500s/ CM QuickFire TK/ asus VX238H/ xbone/ x360/ ps3/ ps4/ xim4!- FTW :P

Offline Phantom Machine

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 08:32 AM - 04/05/14 »
It can't be the Kinect. I've flung more curse words at my X1 and in the general vicinity of the Kinect than anyone here would ever believe. Even in single-player games, every dude I kill gets a sentence or two of pure profanity. If an enemy actually kills me I'll spew forth a multi-paragraph diatribe on all the horrible things I'm going to do to his mother/sister/dog. This is the kind of stuff that would make a sailor blush, yet I've never received a ban.

Probably there was some 5 year old on your team with chat audio coming through his speakers and his mother walked into the room right as you were cussing up a storm. Why was a 5 year old playing a mature game, you ask? Because this is 2014 and parents are just horrible. 

Offline ashleydoll86

• hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03:28 AM - 04/06/14 »
MS as a company is just enforcing a similar ruleset that I've seen on private servers in PC gaming for a long time now. Don't bother fighting it, just change your attitude about swearing and stuff, it's hard at first, but you quickly realize it is not worth it to struggle against the inevitable.

It's not MS or the Xbox wing of MS that is being problematic, it's merely a growing change in our culture and MS is trying to appeal to people who want a clean experience. Sony has similar rules, but maybe does not actively enforce them as strongly. When I was a bit younger I was a pretty rowdy person online with a dark/offensive sense of humor that was mostly satirical, it used to be people loved this type of humor, now it's been thrown out with yesterday's garbage and you get in trouble for it very easily, even if all you do is drop a few F bombs.

So my advice is just learn to accept the changing social rules, things are a lot easier that way. You can still own people by getting under their skin passively aggressively, anyway. And if all else fails, out scoring them always speaks for itself. Me, personally, I just try to keep quieter in games now and just play.

However, no profane language bothers me, so when I hear other people on a server acting out, I understand them, and I can't imagine how petty someone would need to be to actually REPORT THEM instead of just ignore it, but that's life, those people who report you will always be willing to do so, the only way to avoid it is to give them nothing to report.
Xbox One

Xbox 360 S

Gaming PC - Ivy Bridge 3570K @ 4.5ghz, ASRock Z77 Extreme4, 16 gigs G.Skill Sniper Series, EVGA GTX 760 4GB @ 1155 clock 1700 memory 1220 boost, XFX 850w PSU, sitting inside a CM HAF 922

Monitor: Asus VG248QE 1ms, 144hz

MKB: Steel Series Sensei, Steel Series Merc Stealth, Steel Series QcK

Audio: Earforce DSS, Samson SR850 headphones

Mobile: Nokia Lumia 1520, Microsoft Surface Pro 2 64GB w/ type cover

Gaming roots: Wolf 3D, Doom, Half-life 1, Diablo 1 and 2, Ultima Online, CS 1.3, RTCW/ET, DAoC, Deus Ex, Goldeneye, Halo CE (PC version)

Offline mindworm22

• MVP
  • "I'm your huckleberry..."
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: Liquidboy
« Reply #21 on: 07:31 AM - 04/06/14 »
All I can say is I'm glad it's not on PS4...I don't ever swear at people, but at the game itself -- I'm quite the offender. 

"You beat that horse to a bloody pulp in that circle-jerk of a thread .... and then poured the remains in a blender, pureed them, and gargled the leftovers. How you're not sick of it is beyond me." --- RookCheck

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:32 AM - 04/06/14 »

MS as a company is just enforcing a similar ruleset that I've seen on private servers in PC gaming for a long time now. Don't bother fighting it, just change your attitude about swearing and stuff, it's hard at first, but you quickly realize it is not worth it to struggle against the inevitable.

It's not MS or the Xbox wing of MS that is being problematic, it's merely a growing change in our culture and MS is trying to appeal to people who want a clean experience. Sony has similar rules, but maybe does not actively enforce them as strongly. When I was a bit younger I was a pretty rowdy person online with a dark/offensive sense of humor that was mostly satirical, it used to be people loved this type of humor, now it's been thrown out with yesterday's garbage and you get in trouble for it very easily, even if all you do is drop a few F bombs.

So my advice is just learn to accept the changing social rules, things are a lot easier that way. You can still own people by getting under their skin passively aggressively, anyway. And if all else fails, out scoring them always speaks for itself. Me, personally, I just try to keep quieter in games now and just play.

However, no profane language bothers me, so when I hear other people on a server acting out, I understand them, and I can't imagine how petty someone would need to be to actually REPORT THEM instead of just ignore it, but that's life, those people who report you will always be willing to do so, the only way to avoid it is to give them nothing to report.

I'll just buy a ps4 instead
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline Acc0rd

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79
  • Gamertag: Acc0rd
  • PSN ID: Acc0rd79
« Reply #23 on: 01:58 PM - 04/06/14 »
time to sell that xbone and buy a ps4 or go back to PC fulltime.

http://twitch.tv/acc0rd79

www.youtube.com/Acc0rd79 (car reviews now)
Black Magic Intensity Pro
XIM4/XIM Edge/XIM2 :) Im OLD SCHOOL!
Turtle Beach XP500

Offline BroTsla

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:11 PM - 04/06/14 »
I've yet to be banned on xbox one for cussing... Now I did however catch a mute ban on xbox 360 for cussing and so forth(You can't send messages, talk to friends, or party invite for 2 days).. So I doubt it had to do with your Kinect.

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: mynameiscolb
  • PSN ID: mynameiscolb
« Reply #25 on: 02:17 PM - 04/06/14 »
I've yet to be banned on xbox one for cussing... Now I did however catch a mute ban on xbox 360 for cussing and so forth(You can't send messages, talk to friends, or party invite for 2 days).. So I doubt it had to do with your Kinect.

http://www.geekwire.com/2013/xbox-kinect-hear-curse-playing-nba-2k14/

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 02:19 PM - 04/06/14 »
From someone's FIFA game (single player!):

Offline BroTsla

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 02:23 PM - 04/06/14 »
That's insane, so what if I unplug my Kinect? Strange I haven't been banned for cussing yet.. And apparently this goes for Ps4 if you use the PS camera..

Offline colb

• MVP
  • The Global Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 02:26 PM - 04/06/14 »
That's insane, so what if I unplug my Kinect? Strange I haven't been banned for cussing yet.. lol

You can unplug your Kinect, and play without it. But you'll miss out on some voice features (XBOX, record that! XBOX, Snap party, etc).

I read somewhere, you can also disable the microphone or change the privacy features? I'm not sure.

Offline THE-MARAVINGY

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • PSN ID: ApocalypticWesal
« Reply #29 on: 02:41 PM - 04/06/14 »
I got a warning of Sony last year for my language so since then i have been learning a new language i call it vegetable swearing, no one can get banned for calling someone else a potato or a carrot.