XIM Community

Solution to DS4 touchpad question  (Read 969 times)

Offline mr_clark

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: mr_clark
Solution to DS4 touchpad question
« on: 02:30 PM - 04/04/14 »
I was wondering what the final solution(s) to the DS4 touchpad are with the XIM4?

Are we having to continue using the DS4 touchpad or can we map the touchpad it to something else? Will the joystick on something like the G13 work as touchpad?

Thanks.

Offline phene

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: fauxmatic
Re: Solution to DS4 touchpad question
« Reply #1 on: 02:40 PM - 04/04/14 »
Ehh I kinda hate the touchpad on the DS4 ...found it too gimmicky in Infamous. But to the OP, I don't know if you follow GIMX? But he made some headway on it, XIM may do something similar ...but so far it's commands in most games seem superfluous
PSN: fauxmatic | PS4
Chat: Turtle Beach P11 via USB
Setup: XIM4 . G502 . Sony Nav

Offline mr_clark

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 02:49 PM - 04/04/14 »
Ehh I kinda hate the touchpad on the DS4 ...found it too gimmicky in Infamous. But to the OP, I don't know if you follow GIMX? But he made some headway on it, XIM may do something similar ...but so far it's commands in most games seem superfluous

I definitely agree the touchpad is a bit silly but if you (and I'm using Infamous: Second Son as an example) can't use the touchpad to absorb energy, open cells, break autoguns, etc then you're kind of screwed.

We definitely need some way to map different combinations (e.g. push the touchpad down, swipe left, right, up, or down) to be able to play some games.

What are the beta testers doing right now?

Offline mr_clark

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 02:53 PM - 04/04/14 »
I see there's a thread already in the beta forum. I'll keep an eye out there for what solutions are found for this.

http://xim4.com/community/index.php?topic=31885.0

Thanks.

Admin