XIM Community

CronusMax Mouse and Keyboard for Playstation 4  (Read 11700 times)

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: CronusMax Mouse and Keyboard for PlayStation 4
« Reply #15 on: 04:15 AM - 04/03/14 »
For anyone who haven't purchased this item (CronusMax)
you arn't missing anything , I guess its a good temporary Mouse and Keyboard Fix
but it doesn't feel anything like an official PC mouse and keyboard.
It has this stupid built in Mouse Acceleration and if you turn it down u have to do "WAX ON WAX OFF" just for your mouse to move.

Ive tried 100's of different settings,and i do mean 100's and not one of them feels as good as the Xim3 i use or no where near it.
It Sucks.
I'm really trying to be patient because i want to play some BF4 and Blacklight .

if you guys have a Cronus max tell me about your horror stories about the Micro Movements of the mouse.

Use the GIMX-FPSConfig Software with the Cronus, The MaxAim Plugin is just terrible & doesn't even have a ADS Config setting.

With your method, the CM runs at a faster poling rate than the XIM4! I have tried to make OBsIV understand that the competition have an edge because of this but to no avail it seems. :(

CM with less input lag than XIM4 is such a shame.
Be humble

Offline cvccbum

• View Profile
Re: CronusMax Mouse and Keyboard for Playstation 4
« Reply #16 on: 07:57 AM - 04/03/14 »
I've been using the CronusMax as a go between until the xim4 is released.

Its by no way as good as my xim3, which I absolutley love, but it bridges a gap and allows me to join my brother on xbox1 (I'm a PC gamer). The CM works ok on some games but terribly on others, especially TitanFall, but I think most are having issues trying to get a proper 1:1 feel due to the look mechanic in the game (tried passthrough with xim3 and it did not improve).

why aren't you using the CM as a pass-through for the xim3? you can play on xbox1 with your XIM3 if you follow the instructions others on the forum have posted

Offline baldeagle

• View Profile
    • YouTube Channel
  • Gamertag: i am baldeagle
« Reply #17 on: 08:39 AM - 04/03/14 »
I've been using the CronusMax as a go between until the xim4 is released.

Its by no way as good as my xim3, which I absolutley love, but it bridges a gap and allows me to join my brother on xbox1 (I'm a PC gamer). The CM works ok on some games but terribly on others, especially TitanFall, but I think most are having issues trying to get a proper 1:1 feel due to the look mechanic in the game (tried passthrough with xim3 and it did not improve).

why aren't you using the CM as a pass-through for the xim3? you can play on xbox1 with your XIM3 if you follow the instructions others on the forum have posted

I have used it as a passthrough, but to be honest I just cant be bothered to re-route all the cables at the moment, and the CM works fine for BF4, which I play the most of.

Also not sure if there's any latency/delay by passing the signal through two devices. Either way CM works ok until I can get hold of the xim4.

Offline r0b

• Ruler of the Interwebs
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: FoaIey
  • PSN ID: FoaIey
« Reply #18 on: 10:42 AM - 04/03/14 »
When did the CronusMax start working on the PS4? I bought one back when I had my XB1 and used my XIM3, but I sold my XB1 to purchase a 2nd PS4 and my CM has been collecting dust since then.

If the CM will work in some sort of way, preferably with my XIM3, please let me know. This will hold me over until I can get my XIM4, thank you in advance! (PM's are welcome, but not necessary)
PSN: FoaIey /// XBOX: FoaIey /// Origin: FoaIey /// XIM: 3/E/4e/4

Offline sikpup

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • ReesSpecht Life
  • Gamertag: Sikpup
  • PSN ID: sik-pup
« Reply #19 on: 10:47 AM - 04/03/14 »
When did the CronusMax start working on the PS4? I bought one back when I had my XB1 and used my XIM3, but I sold my XB1 to purchase a 2nd PS4 and my CM has been collecting dust since then.

If the CM will work in some sort of way, preferably with my XIM3, please let me know. This will hold me over until I can get my XIM4, thank you in advance! (PM's are welcome, but not necessary)
The CM will not work with xim3 on ps4, at least not yet.  The cross-over capabilities of the CM do not work with ps4 because the CM needs to have the DS4 connected at all times because the ps4 randomly sends authentication requests.  Since the CM has only one input, you can't use it right now.  I asked them about a hub, and they said "it was not possible".  The CM does do basic M/KB, more akin to the xim 1 or xim2, but I have had a lot of issues with it.  The controller keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and it is getting old real fast.  I cannot wait for the xim4...  But back to your original question:  You cannot use the xim3 with CM on PS4 at this time.
Science without experimentation is a vain and unprofitable pursuit

Offline r0b

• Ruler of the Interwebs
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: FoaIey
  • PSN ID: FoaIey
« Reply #20 on: 11:05 AM - 04/03/14 »

The CM will not work with xim3 on ps4, at least not yet.  The cross-over capabilities of the CM do not work with ps4 because the CM needs to have the DS4 connected at all times because the ps4 randomly sends authentication requests.  Since the CM has only one input, you can't use it right now.  I asked them about a hub, and they said "it was not possible".  The CM does do basic M/KB, more akin to the xim 1 or xim2, but I have had a lot of issues with it.  The controller keeps disconnecting in the middle of games and it is getting old real fast.  I cannot wait for the xim4...  But back to your original question:  You cannot use the xim3 with CM on PS4 at this time.
Thanks man, I figured as much ... I wish it would work just so I could play worth a @#$% until the XIM4 comes out ... oil well!
PSN: FoaIey /// XBOX: FoaIey /// Origin: FoaIey /// XIM: 3/E/4e/4

Offline UnRyValD

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: UnRyValD
  • PSN ID: Judea33
« Reply #21 on: 03:08 AM - 04/04/14 »
I been keeping my cronus in hopes that I can make my xim 4 controller ports wireless since the xim team doesn't seem to think that would be a good idea for some reason. So it doesn't look like that going to happen?

It's also good for using my fight pads on my x1 and I'm hoping ps4.
Edge, XIM 4, Apex, waiting on Nexus

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:50 AM - 04/04/14 »
ACtually there is a new PS4 firmware beta for cronusmax users available. Not a ps4 owner so can't say how it is now.

CronusMax is pretty much hit and miss. On basic stuff like using 360 on x1 and vice versa, fight sticks,etc it works okay. Not all peripherals wheels,etc are supported yet. This piece of hardware is pretty much a work in process with the buyers being essentially beta testers it seems.

When you buy it at least to me it didn't appear clear that you need a laptop or pc connected if you want to use a mouse/kb. You esssentially "freeze" the laptop/pc and then can use m/kb so yeah it needs to be tethered to a machine.

Developer offers a few modpaks cheats which is nice but tied to serial so unauthorized users can't access them. Yes it seems retarded they lock down what are essentially macros. Developer brags openly about how easy it was to copy other scripts and locks down his included gamepaks. Kinda hypocritical.

The main thing the m/kb requires a ton of editing and adjusting. There are no included profiles for kb/m etc for various games and the developer pretty much has a let the users develop those scripts mentality. Since its new not many profiles,etc already available.  Would be nice if the developer would make more game profiles available instead of depending on users too much to "build" the product. Xim comes with profiles already for games and seems more in tune with making sure game compatibility is there. CM comes with no game profiles; only a few game cheat paks.

Bought it and its hit and miss especially with m/kb

BTW does anyone know how much xim4 will cost? (sorry new here). Thanks!

Offline peterkozmd

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08:35 AM - 04/04/14 »
I would not recommend buying it seeing as xim4 is literally around the corner. Xim has a huge community, the developer seems committed to making sure compatibility is truly there with game profiles. CM doesn't feel like a polished product. The developer of xim seems more focused on making a quality product with beta testing and a sense of actual care of final product. Xim4 will do everything the cm does and more it seems.

The product comes with only a few m/kb profiles (sorry i was mistaken it does come with a few profiles in maxaim) but even then this product requires alot of tweaking and configuring vs. the xim profiles.

The plugins seem like separate little programs and the whole gui seems very much cut and paste with no attention as a whole program

No offense to the developer intended.

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 02:18 PM - 04/04/14 »
XIM 4 > the rest without a doubt.
Be humble