XIM Community

Boost vs. Turn Assist - Battlefield 4 Perspective  (Read 913 times)

Offline giuseppe

• View Profile
I was about to put this in the boost thread but it has been locked up.

I have been going back and forth between Zombieguy's setup with a Binary Domain ST vs. Using the BF4 ST and Boost for driving vehicles in Battlefield 4.

They are close right now, but I haven't taken in to consideration the curve mist suggested and the YX Ratio (about to test it out)

I see some advocates for turn assist still out there, so it good to know I am not alone.  My mouse surface is tiny, so if I can hold 'Forward' on my mouse and have the turrent of my tank keep spinning until I put the mouse down again and release the button - this is a huge advantage as I do not have the set up to make big sweeps across my tabletop.

So while the boost is awesome for making the BF4 ST useable whilst driving a tank.. there are the situations where I am tracking a little bird over my head and I want to press that one button, make one gesture with the mouse and have it keep going until I set the mouse down.

Swap sticks was also mentioned and I love that this feature is here.  One reason that I never bothered to try Jets in XIM is because I would have to keep pulling back on the mouse to Pitch.  If I could swap sticks, I can secondary bind down to be like space bar or something like that.

For a game like Battlefield 4 -

Boost - Great for general driving in tanks with the BF4 ST, fine micromovements for precision

Turn Assist - I would love to see this back in XIM 4 because I know some of us use it at least to let the    XIM do the turning for us.  My justification is, a small desk that I use my mouse on.

Swap Sticks - I can't wait to get the time to try this out and apply it to Jets to see if I can cook up a config that works well for me.  As I haven't really bothered in a long time, I need to revisit it and define what makes a great Jet config.. I remember experimenting with Turn Assist for this and it didn't work out.  I was waiting for Swap Sticks to come along.

Other games, I am sure Boost is plenty.. or just swap sticks is exactly what they need..  like someone mentioned killsteaks may have a different look mechanic or demand more or less sensitivity.  Again, to draw from BF4.. I think of the TV missle and what a pain it can be to accurately pilot with my infantry ST loaded up.

Boost and swap sticks will help other games, but I know I will use all three of these when I define my BF4 setup.

Thanks,
Giuseppe
Xbox One Day One Edition | Xbox 360 Slim 250GB
XIM Edge | Razer Orbweaver | Logitech G700S | Turtle Beach XP 510
Crappy End Table | Brookstone Lap Desk | Old Mouse Pad | Comfy Recliner | 60" Sharp LED TV

Offline gduck24

• View Profile
    • Make Mod Hack
  • Gamertag: grayskuii
Re: Boost vs. Turn Assist - Battlefield 4 Perspective
« Reply #1 on: 01:00 PM - 03/30/14 »
i second turn assist.
I gotta quit welding in flip flops...

Offline ShortSchoolBus

• U.S. Army -Who dares, wins.
    • View Profile
Re: Boost vs. Turn Assist - Battlefield 4 Perspective
« Reply #2 on: 02:08 PM - 03/30/14 »
The right stick works just as well as turn assist except you have a right and a left button now instead of just one. Does the pretty much the same thing.
Apex XIM4 Xim Edge
Xbox 360 Xbox One
Logitech G910 Keyboard
Logitech G503 wireless
Razer Vespula Pad
Astro A40

Admin