XIM Community

Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit Instructions  (Read 28779 times)

Offline Dabs

• View Profile
Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit Instructions
« on: 02:12 PM - 09/09/09 »
just installed this on vista 64bit did everything the book told me todo
and it doesnt work still all software and drivers are installed but comes up with error on XIM software with *unable to connect to xim360 hardware"
« Last Edit: 02:45 PM - 12/08/09 by tweak »

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
Re: Isnt working.....
« Reply #1 on: 04:11 PM - 09/09/09 »
Ok.  Throw out the instruction booklet and follow these instructions closely.

1) Uninstall anything you've installed, unplug both cables.
2) Restart your computer.  While it's booting you'll want to repeatedly hit the F8 key until you're prompted at a window like this:

3) Select the highlighted option from the picture, "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement"
4) Once Windows has finished booting, plug in the dark USB cable and allow Windows to automatically download and install the drivers.  When informed that the drivers are successfully installed, proceed to step 5.
5) Run the XIM installation.  Plug in the white cable when prompted for calibration.  Ignore the message about unplugging all cables, it works perfectly in the order I'm telling you.
6) Once XIM installation has finished, you want to run the software package attached to the bottom of this post. If that doesn't work there is an alternate package linked below as well.

7) Having completed all of the above steps successfully you may restart your computer as you normally would.  Disabling Driver Signature Enforcement is no longer necessary.
8) Go enjoy playing some games with XIM.

Alternate Package (Includes USBXpress Dev Kit): https://www.silabs.com/Support%20Documents/Software/USBXpress_Install.zip
« Last Edit: 09:09 PM - 12/07/10 by mist4fun »

Offline xksilver

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xksilver
Re: Windows 7 and Vista 64-bit Instructions
« Reply #2 on: 05:46 PM - 12/12/09 »
I've tried everything and read all the posts before. However when the I'm Calibrating the XIM, it just gets stuck at that window.

I couldn't do the F8 trick b/c my asus p7p55d only displayed the drive boot options nothing else so i googled and tried two other options.

1)Go to the Start menu and type cmd.exe in the Search Bar. Right click on cmd.exe and choose Run as Administrator.

If you have the UAC turned on, choose Yes to proceed. Otherwise, you should see the command windows opened already. In the shell window, copy paste the following and hit Enter.
bcdedit.exe -set loadoptions DDISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit.exe -set TESTSIGNING ON

2)-Start --->> Run ---> GPEdit.msc

-Enable and Ignore Code signing for drivers policy under User Configuration --->>
    Administrative Templates ---->> System ---->> Driver Installation --->> Code signing for drivers

Still not luck :(

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05:53 PM - 12/12/09 »
Yeah that disabling integrity checks thing doesn't work, I dunno why they even bother to tell you to do it.

You tried the 64-bit drivers I linked?

With the whole F8 thing you gotta be really quick with your laptop.  During POST F8 selects your boot device, so maybe you could try hitting F8, selecting your hard drive and then immediately after you hit Enter, hit F8 repeatedly and hope that you get the screen you see above.  Worth a shot?  Maybe you've tried it already.

Offline xksilver

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: xksilver
« Reply #4 on: 06:20 PM - 12/12/09 »
Thank you sooo much Tweak, as it turns out, the main problem was that i didn't know to keep on pressing F8 after i selected to boot from my HD.

I really appreciate your quick reply and help.

Offline countercrack

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 05:35 PM - 12/17/09 »
i've been doing the f8 trick all this time... so does this replace the original xim drivers?  because when i ran it, it detects the xim driver as a conflict and asks me to remove it.  I clicked no and the installer quit.  Anyone know if I'm supposed to click yes?  I didnt want the hassle of reinstalling xim so i didnt bother trying yes. 

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:51 PM - 12/17/09 »
If you don't want to do the F8 trick anymore then click yes.

It replaces the existing one with a signed driver that works the same.

paul.r.seidel

« Reply #7 on: 01:42 PM - 12/19/09 »
Any other suggestions for getting stuck at the calibration screen?
Doesn't seem to find the controller..

Of note: this will have been the 4th time i've installed xim on windows 7x64 and have had no issues prior.. I'm about ready to chalk it up to hardware errors.

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12:43 PM - 12/24/09 »
Thanks tweak. It worked great.
Have a problem with your XIM APEX? Find a solution in the XIM APEX Support FAQ
XIM APEX Quick Start Guide   |   XIM Instructional Videos

Offline ultimovietboi

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07:28 PM - 01/06/10 »
After 3 weeks of reading and tinkering with the my new XIM2. I've had little to zero success. Following the Windows 7 thread I was able to pass the calibration screen once. I received some errors and decided to reinstall. Now after numerous attempts, I have not been able to pass the calibration screen.

2 Errors I noticed:
1.  USB Malfunction message at the taskbar when the white cord is plugged in. (device is not recognized)
2. 401 error message when starting the XIM.exe.

Unsure if it is a hardware error, because it has worked before, once for a short period.

Offline tweak

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02:03 PM - 01/07/10 »
If you have any soldering experience at all you could check to make sure the USB cables are probably soldered to the board.

Offline Axelay

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 01:04 PM - 01/21/10 »
Thanks for the instructions, tweak. I just got Windows 7 64-bit installed yesterday and am glad to report that my XIM360 is working just fine after following each of these steps.

Offline Terminal

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 06:47 AM - 03/03/10 »
Just thought i'd post this. Its a mod that permanently disables driver signing by creating a secondary boot OS (just windows 7 without driver signing) therefore you can set it as default and automatically boot into windows without driver signing at all times.

http://fyyre.l2-fashion.de/projects/disable_pg_ds.rar

read the Readme and follow the instructions. Feel free to add to your original post Tweak if you want.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #13 on: 01:22 AM - 03/06/10 »
I just wanted to report that I followed the instructions above and my XIM was up and running on my new Win7 64 bit without a hitch.

The only thing is that when installing the USBXPress drivers, I was told that there were conflicting drivers with "XIM 360" that must be removed first.  It then asked me if I wanted to remove them and I said yes.

The rest of the steps are exactly as stated by Tweak at the top and works as advertised.

Offline Tonester

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: EpicNerd
  • PSN ID: A_McCulley
« Reply #14 on: 12:42 PM - 03/06/10 »
I tried for 4 hours to get my USB polling rate overclocked and couldn't do it.  Has anyone gotten this to work with Win 7 x64?