XIM Community

Custom PS4 & Xbox One Audio Setup Wiring Diagram  (Read 120537 times)

Offline Telal

• View Profile
  • PSN ID: TelKaz
Re: Custom PS4 & Xbox One Audio Setup Wiring Diagram
« Reply #285 on: 10:07 PM - 01/15/18 »
it could also be a wrong wiring?
maybe you have to swap the chatsound and micsound yadapter connectors?

Just to double check because i'd hate to say that isn't it then it be the problem, i tried both ways, no go.  If i change my output device from "USB Headset (C-Media USB Audio Device)" to "TV or Amplifier" it works, but the knob on the dss2 will control both chat and game audio, but it never did that before (been using this set up for a couple of years)

Offline MindControlZombies

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: 10:29 AM - 01/16/18 »
I ended up going back to just using the a40s with the mixamp as when i had the dss2 setup with the mixamp through the dss2 to chat there is an annoying hum,buzz noise its only slight but its dam annoying.
And sound whoring is less of a thing now?
They nerfed it on bo3 if i remember rightly.
If I can make a Good map in 1 month why cant these clowns make a good map in 3 years ?

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: 10:35 AM - 01/16/18 »
i would unplug everything and carefully setup your wires again
since the console settings usually dont change by itself its more likely your cable setup did after the move

check the picture in the first post and ensure its the very same setup, if it differs maybe draw a picture how your cable setup looks like :)
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay
Du sprichst Deutsch? Hier gehts zum deutschen Forum

Offline Telal

• View Profile
« Reply #288 on: 04:09 PM - 01/16/18 »
I did this twice just to make sure; i have to have a faulty piece of equipment, nothing else makes sense at this point. :)  i'll update you when i get my new syba tomorrow (i live in the middle of nowhere and had to mail order it lol)

Offline Bossgrimpeeper

• View Profile
« Reply #289 on: 03:45 AM - 01/17/18 »
Could someone shed some light on an issue i have with yhis setup on ps4. I play on my tv upstairs and works great, when i play on tv downstairs my mic gets really loud buzz/hum that anyone im in chat with hears? Exact same setup just different tv

Offline Telal

• View Profile
« Reply #290 on: 04:02 PM - 01/17/18 »
Fixed my issue and Od1n i owe you big, i quadrupple checked my cabling and the 'loop back' cable i kept plugging into analog in because that's what made sense to me, as soon as i put in in "Aux in" poof perfectness in my headset again wooooo!!!!
« Last Edit: 04:08 PM - 01/17/18 by Telal »

Offline Telal

• View Profile
« Reply #291 on: 04:23 PM - 01/17/18 »
Could someone shed some light on an issue i have with yhis setup on ps4. I play on my tv upstairs and works great, when i play on tv downstairs my mic gets really loud buzz/hum that anyone im in chat with hears? Exact same setup just different tv

I get that if i set the audio output to "TV and Amplifier" instead of "USB C-Audio" (or whatever the second one is called)

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: TahiniMeanie
« Reply #292 on: 07:10 PM - 04/15/18 »
I'm having issues with my mic with this setup.

First of all thanks for the great post.

My mic did work just fine with this headset using the 4 pole cable direct to the controller. I setup the dss2 with my sennheiser game 1 headphones using the other cable with a separate 3 pole mic and headphone plug. Audio works great.

The mic just doesn't work. when i plug or unplug the mic from the Audio Technica ATR2USB I get clicking noises on my headphones and the mic audio volume bar goes up in the ps4 mi setup menus. So it sees the microphone on my headset. But no sound from my mic when I speak. Plugging the headset back into the controller the mic works fine.

It's not the microphone cable either, i tested out the 3 pole mic cable on my PC and it works fine.

Any suggestions?
« Last Edit: 07:20 PM - 04/15/18 by PixelSquish »

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: 07:25 PM - 04/15/18 »

My mic did work just fine with this headset using the 4 pole cable direct to the controller. I setup the dss2 with my sennheiser game 1 headphones using the other cable with a separate 3 pole mic and headphone plug. Audio works great.

The mic just doesn't work. when i plug or unplug the mic from the Audio Technica ATR2USB I get clicking noises on my headphones and the mic audio volume bar goes up in the ps4 mi setup menus. So it sees the microphone on my headset. But no sound from my mic when I speak. Plugging the headset back into the controller the mic works fine.

It's not the microphone cable either, i tested out the 3 pole mic cable on my PC and it works fine.

Any suggestions?

ok i rebooted the PS4 and now if I shove the mic to my mouth it will in fact stimulate the mic levels, but I sound robotic.

Offline PixelSquish

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: 07:41 PM - 04/15/18 »

Any suggestions?

ok i rebooted the PS4 and now if I shove the mic to my mouth it will in fact stimulate the mic levels, but I sound robotic.

ok it's the Audio Technica  ATR2USB. I have an el cheapo adapter and the mic works fine. thanks for watching my saga unfold. Cheers!