XIM Community

Will I need an tablet or androidphone?  (Read 1995 times)

Offline Goran5000

• View Profile
Will I need an tablet or androidphone?
« on: 04:15 PM - 03/23/14 »
Hi mates!

Just a quick question. When the Xim4 is released. Will I need an android phone or a tablet for it to work? I only have  an iPhone today.

Can I coop with a PC for it to work, when itīs released?
« Last Edit: 04:22 PM - 03/23/14 by Goran5000 »

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Will I need an tablet or androidphone?
« Reply #1 on: 04:23 PM - 03/23/14 »
you only need a PC.

and it will have iOS support in the future, maybe not at launch though..
soon..

Offline Goran5000

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 04:25 PM - 03/23/14 »
Thanks for the quick reply, mate!

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #3 on: 04:28 PM - 03/23/14 »
no problem.
soon..

Offline RageInvader

• View Profile
  • Gamertag: I RageInvader I
« Reply #4 on: 05:06 PM - 03/23/14 »
I only have Mac OSX or iPhone, thats why I need Xim4 for xBoxOne cause I gave up my gaming pc long ago.
Xbox One   |   XIM4   |   G700s

Offline Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 06:15 PM - 03/23/14 »
iOS support is in the works, i guess it should be done until xim4 launches
PS5 & X1 | C: MS | XIM Apex & Nexus | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Glorious Model O | D: 1800 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIM Central

Offline Pneumatic

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 06:30 PM - 03/23/14 »
I have a Nexus 7 that I will use.  I will have it on the stand next to me while I play and am kind of excited that we can make changes on the fly.
- PS4 - XIM4 - G502 (12k dpi / 500 report rate) - Sony Nav - ASUS MX279H -

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 11:15 AM - 03/24/14 »
some solutions people that do not have a PC are doing is...

1. buy a cheap android based tablet
2. dual boot OSX to win7-8 preferably 7 as some are having issues on win8
3. buy a NOOK and root it to full android
4. buy a cheap PC
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Offline cheesebeater

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 11:47 AM - 03/25/14 »
hijacked!

if we only "need a pc", with the news we're getting about how the XIM4E beta is going, I noticed there's a bluetooth dongle involved. Would that be a requirement as well? Or is the bluetooth an aspect of the beta just for this testing period?

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #9 on: 11:59 AM - 03/25/14 »
no, the beta is BT only but XIM4 will talk wired to the PC no problem. however if your PC doesn't have BT, XIM4 comes bundled with a BT dongle, so no buying one is necessary ^^
soon..

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12:07 PM - 03/25/14 »
XIM4 won't come with a bundled dongle. It will have onboard bluetooth. If your pc is not capable of bluetooth you will need to purchase a dongle if you choose to use live editing. If not then you can always do non-live editing over usb.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #11 on: 12:50 PM - 03/25/14 »
XIM4 won't come with a bundled dongle. It will have onboard bluetooth. If your pc is not capable of bluetooth you will need to purchase a dongle if you choose to use live editing. If not then you can always do non-live editing over usb.

XIM4 having onboard BT was always the case. but OBsIV said clearly he would sell XIM4 with a BT dongle? has that changed?!
soon..

Offline LolPop

• I am potato
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 12:54 PM - 03/25/14 »

Can you change sensitivity on a smart translator without a phone or a PC like on the XIM Edge ? And also can you download smart translator on your phone and transfer them to your XIM4 through Bluetooth ?

Offline mist4fun

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 01:52 PM - 03/25/14 »
Yes, at first that was the plan ak. The reason for including the dongle in the first place was because there was to be no wired usb interface. This decision was changed leading up to alpha and the dongle was cut out of the plan. Obsiv has clarified on this once or twice on the forum.

Yes you can adjust your sensitivity and button map with the controller only just like you can with Edge. Yes you can download ST's with your phone or pc and then transfer them via bluetooth. Those that don't have a second device capable of bluetooth will be able to manage their XIM4 with a traditional version of XIM Manager over usb using a Windows PC.
Have a problem with your XIM? Find a solution
NEXUS Support FAQ | APEX Support FAQ | XIM4 Support FAQ | Instructional Videos

Offline BionicTbag

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 01:55 PM - 03/25/14 »

XIM4 having onboard BT was always the case. but OBsIV said clearly he would sell XIM4 with a BT dongle? has that changed?!

I hope so as i dont want to pay an edtra $20 USD for a BT donglt I wont use....

Can you change sensitivity on a smart translator without a phone or a PC like on the XIM Edge ? And also can you download smart translator on your phone and transfer them to your XIM4 through Bluetooth ?

lolpop... i think you MUST have at least a PC, phone or tablet to make edits... I do not believe that you can make alterations like before on the edge using "start+menu" like before... but you might be able to?  someone here may be able to answer that.

as for downloading ST to your phone and the transferring them to your edge...  if I am not mistaken....  in the future release of the xim4 you will hold all STs on your phone, and if you "choose" one it loads it to the device.... this way we are no longer dependant on the internal memory of the xim4 to hold a specific # of ST and no more.. this way your only limited by the RAM on your device, IE... the PC, table or phone.

at least this is how it was explained so long ago... it could of changed since then.
sorry but its time to leave.... goodbye all!

Admin