XIM Community

Will the XIM4 ever reduce input lag to lower than 8ms?  (Read 41230 times)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
  • I'm what you call a player of non sens xD
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
Re: Will the XIM4 ever reduce input lag to lower than 8ms?
« Reply #15 on: 04:59 AM - 03/23/14 »
let me make a serious question, does anyone notice the 8ms lag? or do you think it gets in the way in a meaningful way even if you can not put the finger on what is wrong?

if it's only in the search for perfection don't reply yes to the questions above. i'm all for taking things as close as possible to perfection, so in that sense i'm all for lowering the lag down from 8ms, but i honestly don't think it matters *a lot*.
soon..

Offline 3MIX_Edge

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 05:21 AM - 03/23/14 »
let me make a serious question, does anyone notice the 8ms lag? or do you think it gets in the way in a meaningful way even if you can not put the finger on what is wrong?

if it's only in the search for perfection don't reply yes to the questions above. i'm all for taking things as close as possible to perfection, so in that sense i'm all for lowering the lag down from 8ms, but i honestly don't think it matters *a lot*.

Like I said in an earlier post in this thread, 8ms alone does not matter, but it's not only 8ms. 16ms or more, makes a difference to me though.
Be humble

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #17 on: 05:31 AM - 03/23/14 »
yeah of course. we have a big pipeline of things all adding their little lag.

and essentially there are 3 things that ideally we would perform a lot better if they were in sync: input, image, net output/input.

having lag between our commands and them being displayed on the image, or vice versa, and internet handling worsening things limits our performance a lot even if we don't conscientiously notice. and while in some cases it will have little to no impact in the big picture, in others it will be GG.

everyone involved needs to perfect their products to clear unnecessary lag out. TV/monitor folk, PC/console folk and peripheral (XIM) guys.. if each does its part, all will benefit.
soon..

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 06:29 AM - 03/23/14 »
If I could have a firmware build with 4ms I would be delighted!

I'm extremely sensitivity to feeling input lag..
The aim should be to have it as low as is possible, it shouldn't even be a topic of discussion imo.

It should be above all else, i mean now that we have the bread and butter of console mouse and keyboard! Smart translators! Reducing input lag should be a priority imo.

===========================================

I mean i hope this isn't going to become a case of the XIM will only do what the weakest link in the chain can handle!
(I'm not trying to start a flame war! You can all please calm down and let me finish!)

I mean i'm on PS4, i can't see me wanting a XBONE, but even if i did only have the XBONE i would be happy with PS4 users somehow having a reduced input lag, if it meant that it was capable because of the polling rate of the actually console!

I mean when the XIM4 is plugged into the PS4 it shouldn't be tethered to the same setting of the XBONE
If it can handle more!? If this is the case i would like to see a separate build solely for PS4 in the future with lower input lag...

Its asking a lot, but dang were building the best of the best here aren't we?
Noting should hold the XIM back from feeling like the best peripheral..
« Last Edit: 06:38 AM - 03/23/14 by YEESH_DALE »
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Offline gunit2004

• MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 07:01 AM - 03/23/14 »
Wait, so the input lag on the XIM adds onto the input lag of the controller itself?

So 8ms on a 360 controller + 8ms from the XIM would = 16ms total of lag? Or would it just be 8ms and using the XIM would be pretty much the same as using a controller in terms of lag?

I am really curious about this.
« Last Edit: 07:10 AM - 03/23/14 by gunit2004 »
My Setup
Xbox One + XIM 4
Monitor: Asus 24" VG248QE
Mouse: Roccat Kone Pure Owl-Eye @ 2000 DPI 500hz
Mousepad: Coolermaster Swift-RX XL
Keypad: Razer Orbweaver Chroma
Audio: Astro Mixamp -> Amplifier -> Sennheiser HD800 w/ Antlion Modmic 4.0
Overwatch Linear Setup (click here)

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #20 on: 07:06 AM - 03/23/14 »
Wait, so the input lag on the XIM adds onto the input lag of the controller itself?

So 8ms on a 360 controller + 8ms from the XIM would = 16ms total of lag? Or would it just be 8ms and using the XIM would be pretty much the same as using a control in terms of lag?

I am really curious about this.

it doesn't add.
it would be the same 8ms as using the controller..

that's what i believe. not recalling sources but OBsIV has talked about this several times. i just can't remember where and what now..
soon..

Offline roads

• MVP
    • View Profile
Will the XIM4 ever reduce input lag to lower than 8ms?
« Reply #21 on: 07:10 AM - 03/23/14 »
no its 8ms overall but all posdible lags add up including publix Dale reflexes that get slower with age. :)
+1 the less lag the more connected the hand feels to the screen!

Crusade atm: none

Offline Lord Of The Sith

• MVP
  • Made up from mostly non toxic materials.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 07:41 AM - 03/23/14 »
no its 8ms overall but all posdible lags add up including publix Dale reflexes that get slower with age. :)
+1 the less lag the more connected the hand feels to the screen!

Its all BS, my reflexes are as fast as i am interested, if i'm enjoying the game or "sweating" then my reflexes are on point.. If the game in general is poor and my interest in being good at it is low then so is my alertness and reflexes :D
Click > Here < for my COD4:RM / BOPs3 XIM4 Setup.

XIM4: FAQ - Downloads - Hardware Compatibility

Online Od1n

• Global Moderator
  • MVP
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 08:58 AM - 03/23/14 »
i dont know if its possible but it would be cool to have the XIM4 work with 4ms delay for the PS4, i dont want to be hold back just because of the Xbox One
4ms more or less isnt that much, but if it can be done then i say why not?

if its PS4 4ms + 8ms XIM then its even worse as you miss out 2 refresh frames of the controller
some lost potential imo

on the other hand my PS4 feels a lot more responsive with my XIM Edge than my Xbox360 did
i dont know if that already is the influence of the PS4 @ 4ms polling over the Xbox360 @ 8ms polling, but im sure there still is room for optimization

if the XIM4 really has a much stronger CPU that is actually capable of doing the BT workaround, then why shouldnt we go to 4ms?
the BT workaround is no longer needed, therefore why not use the CPU to do the calculations in half the time?
PS4 & X1 | C: MS | XIM4 | FW: the latest ofc! :) | Mon: BenQ XL2420Z | Pad: Zowie G-SR | KB: Ducky DK1008L Cherry Red O-Rings| A: AKG K701 Creative X7 Antlion Modmic | M: Zowie EC1-A | D: 3200 | P: 1000hz | BF4 4 HIP: 35 ADS: 20

My Fortnite Creator Code: beamimpact
Check out my Youtube Channel: XIMGameplay

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #24 on: 09:30 AM - 03/23/14 »
guys the official age where reflexes start to drop is 25-26yo. now after you let that sink in well please also bear in mind the military and similar have people much older and still ranking higher than all the gaming pro's (not really true, just a figure of speech) ^^
soon..

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 09:32 AM - 03/23/14 »
Those figures are lies propagated by South Korea to get their youth to stop playing Starcraft and join the military
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭

Offline ak-xs

• MVP
    • View Profile
    • don't click here!
« Reply #26 on: 09:38 AM - 03/23/14 »
Those figures are lies propagated by South Korea to get their youth to stop playing Starcraft and join the military

actually i remember hearing someone in the US military of high ranking speaking about several stuff mentioning that some of the top pro's in gaming are actually above the average military (not just in pure reflexes but also in fast thinking and reaction along with dexterity/coordination). which shouldn't be surprising at all.. he made some joke on how he would like to recruit some of them to be pilots or something since they would most likely have a bright future as trained leashed killing machines. ^^
soon..

Offline wintersxxx868

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: Wintersxxx868
  • PSN ID: Wintersx866
« Reply #27 on: 11:02 AM - 03/23/14 »
OMG LOL... This is beyond true...

I'm sure Obsiv can get the xim4 running at a pool rate of 4 ms.  The processor inside Xim4 should be able to handle it. 

Just wondering on the technical side, even when you ran a mouse at 1000 hz for xim edge, would edge ignore 7 out of the 8 signals sent due to it's 8 ms polling rate or were those other 7 ms of movement actually processed?

Offline singlecoilpickup

• MVP
    • View Profile
  • Gamertag: CoilTap
  • PSN ID: singlecoilpickup
« Reply #28 on: 11:19 AM - 03/23/14 »
Guys, just an FYI, processors work as fast as they can all on their own. There's not a magic "make everything faster" button that OBsIV just hasn't pressed. Also, this almost certainly doesn't come down to a question of raw processor power.
Xbox One / PC
XIM Apex / Logitech G Pro Keyboard / Logitech G900
Astro MixAmp Pro TR / Sennheiser HD598 / Blue Yeti Mic

Offline toqy

• MVP
  • (✌゚∀゚)☞ ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 11:26 AM - 03/23/14 »
I believe he had everything synced up at 125hz on purpose though because that's what Xbox 360 polled at, not because that's the hardware limit of the XIM.  All he has to say is that it's not possible and people won't ask anymore, then maybe surprise us with an update if it is :P
That "natural curve" you [roads] are talking about was me taking a wild guess what the game was doing (which was completely wrong of course).

😂😂😭